What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly is a one man team

zaku

Juniors
You aren't a one man team with orford. Had orford had to pull out a few days before the game, Manly could still have won, although it would have been difficult.

If you lose your halfback in the middle of a game, chances are you are a dead duck.

I agree, having no halfback makes it very hard to score points let alone win, however, its not an excuse to concede 34 points.

Gee you guys are tough, there is another thread talking about how bad Orford is, look further back and they will tell you how bad Lyon is.
Like another post has stated...everyone is now stepping up for Manly, and surely one day soon will disprove the statement that they rely on one player!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
You aren't a one man team with orford. Had orford had to pull out a few days before the game, Manly could still have won, although it would have been difficult.

If you lose your halfback in the middle of a game, chances are you are a dead duck.

Been there, done that, and funnily enough it was last year against Parra at Brookie

Orford was out of the match and Lyon went off injured early and they still managed the win

CanadianEagle

Juniors
I'm finding it so funny how Broncos supporters are pissed manly beat em at home 2 weeks ago and now they're adding to manly hating posts! :)

Talanexor

Juniors
Except Souths. We have Craig Wing as back-up for either of our 6,7,or 9 if one of those three out.

I think we are one of the only sides who isn't surrounded on a one-man-team.

Fair point - Craig Wing is one of the very few true utilities left in the game.

I dunno about a one-man team, but most teams rely on a key ball-player and ball runner. It's just that some teams rely on them mopre than others.

Either of Smith/Cronk and Slater/Inglis out of the Storm team, and they suck hard. Seem to recall they got thumped 40-0 with only Smith out not so long ago.

Knights without Mullen and Gidley. Titans without Prince and Presto. The only exceptions seems to be Wayne Bennett-coached sides: if you took Lockyer and Hunt out of the Broncos, there's still plenty of strike power there. Similarly, if you took Soward and Boyd out of the Dragons, there's still plenty of points in them.

zaku

Juniors
manly are a 2 man team and thats it. they struggle to win games without stewart you can see that with there results. now stewarts been out for a while they have revolved everthing around lyon now. so i say now there a one man team with lyon, no lyon no manly!

:clap:
I know it was only one game without both of them!! but hey,yet Another great call.

Dazraider

Juniors
well manly have another gifted 2 points next week when they play us raiders.
if we cant beat the bottom 4 teams then im sure at brooky we wont get even close to the sea eagles with or without stewart

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
well manly have another gifted 2 points next week when they play us raiders.
if we cant beat the bottom 4 teams then im sure at brooky we wont get even close to the sea eagles with or without stewart

If ony it was just Stewart missing...

Manly will be without B. Stewart, G. Stewart, Lyon, Kite and then possibly Wolfman and Watmough. Also Cuthbertson has been out for 6 weeks, it has been said he may be back, but I'm not sure if that is true.

Doggiesfan09

Juniors
The circumstantial evidence points to it.
If you take out Brett Stewart, they will most likely lose.
Mick Crocker did it in the GF 2007, and we won.

Disagree mate , although he is the X Factor in the side, i think Robertson moving from Wing to fullback was the wrong decision aswell ,i think his finishing on the wing has been missed aswell by playing him fullback

Patsy

Juniors
manly must be a 1 man team - stewart played in 2 games out of 11 yet the eagles are on 14 points and with an once of luck would be sitting on 20

1. titans penalty on the bell
2. stacey jones freak play on the bell
3. panthers scoring a try on the bell to win earlier in the year

take into account matai, lyon, williams, cuthbertson & stewart all spent time on the sidelines with injury

dogs, saints, titans etc all yet to experience injury

manly40gimps0

Juniors
Where’s cloud9
wheres-wally.jpg