What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly or Storm

Who will win it in 2008

• Storm

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Manly

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • Don't care

Votes: 13 29.5%

• Total voters

sting

Bench
i can't believe 5 people have chosen storm... surely "don't care" is a much more appealing option

Potsie

Juniors
The storm to WIN!!! This reminds of me of 1992 and 1993. Storm resembling the Broncos

in 07, Manly just seemed happy to be there (just like us in 92)

in 08 they are a better side, possible favourites with a legitimate shot, but I think the storm have that little bit more "big game" class (like us compared to Brisbane in 93)

The storm to WIN!!! This reminds of me of 1992 and 1993. Storm resembling the Broncos

in 07, Manly just seemed happy to be there (just like us in 92)

in 08 they are a better side, possible favourites with a legitimate shot, but I think the storm have that little bit more "big game" class (like us compared to Brisbane in 93)

If you look at the stats, and want to have a punt on the game, then the Storm are morals.

In 2007, Manly beat the Storm 13-12 in their only meeting in the club rounds. They then won their 2 finals matches 30-6 and 28-6. Then they got flogged in the GF by Storm.

In 2008, Storm beat Manly 26-4 and 16-10. Manly then won their 2 finals matches 38-6 and 32-6.

Using that as a guide, Manly are travelling no better than they were last year. They will need to turn around a 34-6 flogging in last year's GF as well as the 2 defeats this season. That's a huge ask. And Storm do still have a near state of origin line up, even without Smith and Hoffman.

Get on the Storm at the $2.10.

_Johnsy

Referee
Melbourne a club theat embodies all that is superleague, or Manly a club who were loyal to the arl.

Melbourne a club who were the authors of a wrestleathon that is our game today, or Manly a side who likes to play aggressive in defence and spread the ball at any opportunity.

Melbourne a club run by whinging, whinin fugging sooks, or Manly a club who is run by people who just get on with the job and don't whinge via media outlets.

Its manly by a knockout in round 1

Russo

Juniors
I hope Manly destroy the Storm!!! Nothing i hate more then the Roosters is the Storm!

dragonfan1

Juniors
If you look at the stats, and want to have a punt on the game, then the Storm are morals.

In 2007, Manly beat the Storm 13-12 in their only meeting in the club rounds. They then won their 2 finals matches 30-6 and 28-6. Then they got flogged in the GF by Storm.

In 2008, Storm beat Manly 26-4 and 16-10. Manly then won their 2 finals matches 38-6 and 32-6.

Using that as a guide, Manly are travelling no better than they were last year. They will need to turn around a 34-6 flogging in last year's GF as well as the 2 defeats this season. That's a huge ask. And Storm do still have a near state of origin line up, even without Smith and Hoffman.

Get on the Storm at the $2.10.

Interesting stats. The storm imo, will not be severely weakened without smith. They have shown that losing a good player or two doesn't hurt them. Cronk stepped up against the sharks and it looked like their attack wasn't a one man show like titans with prince. Remember too, that when they were missing their origin players, while we thrashed them, the other teams (titans and eels) only just beat them.

big pat

Coach
i will be watching the trots and dogs on sky, anything is better than watching those two f**ked teams.

Latest posts