What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Team vs. Brisbane

Cletus

First Grade
Brett Stewart,
Michael Robertson,
Chris Hicks,
Steve Matai,
Paul Stephenson,
Travis Burns,
Matt Orford,
Jason King,
Michael Monaghan,
Brent Kite,
Steve Menzies,
Anthony Watmough,
Ben Kennedy ©

Interchange: Shayne Dunley, Kylie Leuluai, Mark Bryant, George Rose

Should be a close one, the one last year went down to the wire. Although the Broncos seem in better form than they were at that time last year. Three props on the bench so should be a physical game.
Good luck winning at Brookie:D .

Mr Saab

Referee
Dont really like the broncos chances at Brookvale. Broncos record there is very poor.
Even in 2000 when they played the Beagles there they lost.
Having Tunza back for this game will help alot though. Love watching TC play.

renouf

Juniors
I'd be very surprised if beat we Manly on Sunday..then again I was surprised we managed to beat the Warriors..

Cletus

First Grade
You sound like me before the Suncorp game. These games seem to go to the home team, but the Broncos are still a good chance. It was lucky we didn't pick up any injuries from the Cronulla game, it would have been a lot harder without Burns and a couple of props.

icewind

Juniors
Broncos:
1. Darius Boyd
2. Tame Tupou
3. Justin Hodges
4. Brent Tate
5. Fraser Anderson
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Shane Perry
8. Shane Webcke
9. Shaun Berrigan
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. David Stagg
12. Corey Parker
13. Tonie Carroll

Interchange:
14. Brad Thorn
15. Dane Carlaw
16. Sam Thaiday
17. Casey McGuire
18. Ian Lacey
19. Brett Seymour (two to be omitted)

chileman

Coach
Onan the barbarian said:
It was lucky we didn't pick up any injuries from the Cronulla game, it would have been a lot harder without Burns and a couple of props.
We lost one of our best defenders in Williamson :(

Cletus

First Grade
I know Chile, a lot of people don't rate the guy but he's a top defender and he can give the entire backrow a rest in defence when he comes on. Still, I thought we were most damaging against Nulla when we had three props on the park. Should help all the forwards if the props can have a bit more impact.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't give us much of a chance IMO. We havn't won in Brookvale in quite awhile and I think it'll remain that way with Hunt out.

renouf

Juniors
Hodges and McGuire have been cleared to play

Broncos:
1. Darius Boyd
2. Tame Tupou
3. Justin Hodges
4. Shaun Berrigan
5. Brent Tate
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Shane Perry
8. Shane Webcke
9. Casey McGuire
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. David Stagg
12. Corey Parker
13. Tonie Carroll

Interchange:
14. Brad Thorn
15. Dane Carlaw
16. Sam Thaiday
17. Brett Seymour
Coach: Wayne Bennett

salivor

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
F..k no, Seymour! Please tell me thats a misprint! He sucks Wayne!

What other back do we have to come off the bench in a utility type role right now? Lacey injured himself last weekend, Lacey is injured, Berrigan and McGuire are in the starting lineup and of course we lost 2 of our best in Ennis and B.Berrigan early on this season. We're not exactly blessed with options currently.

lockyno1

Post Whore
salivor said:
What other back do we have to come off the bench in a utility type role right now? Lacey injured himself last weekend, Lacey is injured, Berrigan and McGuire are in the starting lineup and of course we lost 2 of our best in Ennis and B.Berrigan early on this season. We're not exactly blessed with options currently.

Um...name a back and he'll still be better than Seymour, except Bott as he is WORSE!

Big Pete

Referee
locky says someone is worse than Seymour. Oh my god I thought I'd never see the day.

Seymour does alright out of dummy half though you got to admit that locky.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Big Pete said:
locky says someone is worse than Seymour. Oh my god I thought I'd never see the day.

Seymour does alright out of dummy half though you got to admit that locky.

Out of dummy half he is bearable. He is ok in patches. But if he plays in the halves we are f..ked! Bott is terrible!

Mr Saab

Referee
Crucial win and very unexpected to be honest.
Big next 2 weeks....vs a very in form sharks minus our 7-8 stars
then
vs very in form Storm team 2 days after origin down south

Cletus

First Grade
Good game by Brisbane. Very good defence and did well to get through Manly's defence. Can't say the same for Hayne, still one of my most hated refs:x

lockyno1

Post Whore
Go to say we are screwed next week though...seymour at 5/8 or halfback against Kimmorley! Dear oh me!

broncoman

Juniors
that was a huge win for us, imo that win showed what we have changed from the previous few seasons, everyone knows we tend to fall apart late in the season but that win yesterday could be a turning point. The fact we were able to win a close game after a few loses showed we have a different attitude this year, even with a lot of key players out we did well. In previous seasons we have obviously lost a lot of games late in the season, but we rarely get thrashed in that period, its almost a case of us forgetting how to win, there for a while yesterday i was thinking the rot was gonna start a bit earlier this year but im now confident we can avoid it altogether and challenge for the comp...