What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Captain is...

Dutchy

Immortal
As I predicted.

AMIE LYON AND JASON KING CO-CAPTAINS OF MANLY SEA EAGLES

Thursday, 18 February 2010

The Manly Sea Eagles today announced Jamie Lyon and Jason King as co captains for the 2010 premiership.
Lyon will be the on field captain while King will handle off field leadership roles.
Manly coach Des Hasler told his player group of his decision last night and will inform his team today.
Both Lyon and King are delighted with their roles.
“It is a real honour for me to lead such a great club - I have been here for three years and to be appointed on field captain after such a short time is a massive thrill.
“I enjoy playing with the group of players we have and I am sure we will have a successful season, ” Lyon said.
Jason King will be team spokesman at NRL and Player Association meetings as well as official events.
He will also be an on field support for Jamie Lyon and will share duties at after match media conferences.
A local junior from the Belrose Eagles, King says he is proud to be co-captain of the only senior club he has played for.
“I want to be a one team player if I can. I went to school across the road from Brookvale Oval and it is the only club I care about. To be co captain with Killer is a real buzz,” King said.
Hasler said the decision to go with co captains came from discussions with his senior playing group.
“The role of captain in the NRL today is a big ask on one player – we are simply spreading the workload,” Hasler said.
Manly CEO Graham Lowe said Lyon and King were respected leaders amongst the playing group and excellent citizens away from the football field.
“They have the respect of their peers and that is essential in their roles,” Lowe said.
Both Lyon and King will have the captaincy tag alongside their names in the game’s official program Big League. Should one player be out through injury the other will lead the side.
Lyon has played 65 first grade games for the Sea Eagles and King-who started his grade career with the Northern Eagles in 2001 – has played 146 games.

http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=22703

Garts

Bench
What a shock. Everyone has known this for over a month with what has been in the press.

Latest posts