What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly - Where are they?

lotti

Bench
the term Mediterranean Descendant said by a non Mediterranean Descendant is considered rasist, I can say it freely because I've got Italian heritage which makes me a Mediterranean Descendant.

Mr Saab

Referee
Mayor_Quimby said:
Mediterranean Descendants - racsim ROFLMAO ........please, go do your research!

so Little Johnny Howard can stand up and say "Those bloddy Mediterranean Descendants out at bankstown who are causing trouble...i want you to stop it"

Yeah...watch the Sh!t hit the fan. The term Mediterranean Descendant, whilst not as harsh as it was in the 60s and 70s is till a demeaning word when used with negative connotations

Dog-E

Juniors
lotti said:
the term Mediterranean Descendant said by a non Mediterranean Descendant is considered rasist, I can say it freely because I've got Italian heritage which makes me a Mediterranean Descendant.

If it's a merely genetic thing that frees one up to use an insult on someone else, if they too are of that group - then u also must have completely free reign to go round calling people "freaking dropped-at-birth idiots" with impunity then!!!

;-)

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Question to the moderators on this forum....

I posted a thread last night and I knew it would happen. The thread "Dragons Where are they now?" thread gets moved to TFC but this one survived...

Why?

lotti

Bench
Manly isn't the club that had criminal allegations brought against them, nor do we breach the salary cap.

Dog-E

Juniors
You were SUSPECTED of being over whatever salary caps that have existed from about 1976-98

BAck in the days when there was no Ian Schubert and his gang of Merry Men!

That's not a baaaad little run IMO!! :lol:
;-)

lotti

Bench
nothing was proven, unlike the Dogs didn't you lose your chance at the finals because of a salary cap breach?

Dog-E

Juniors
Proven schmoven!....Every FAN knows it!...And that's the important thing ;-) - mud sticks! :p

Dog-E

Juniors
Exactly...I stopped worrying about that a LOOOOONG time ago - Cause I know we're never gonna hear the end of it, no matter what!

We paid the penalty for our crime...whilst Canberra of the early 90's were busted in a breach of a similar (for the amounts of the time) size - only thing was the ARL didn't uncover it until 12-18 months AFTER THEY WON A COMP!!!!

Too late to do anything about it by then, except fine the sh*t out of them...which was duly done!

But because there was no drama, and no-one getting docked points and effectivaely booted out of that year's comp (Which happened to us QUITE rightly too, may i say btw!) - no-one remembers it!!

We're just 'the public face' of salary cap indiscretions!...I can live with that :)

As for Coffs - well I have first-hand inside info there...its a dodgy legal minefield discussing such things on forums tho - so all I will say is...I am comfortable with the way that all panned out too, and I have NOOOOO problems whatsoever looking @ myself in a mirror with my Dogs jersey on. ;-)

lotti

Bench
not just the doggies, the Broncos as well. I used to be a Bronco fan but I saw the light, next week will be my first Bronco game since 93 I think when they played the doggies(man you guys played poorly that day, you let the Broncos back in the game) but this time I will be there not as a home team fan but as an away team one.

Dog-E

Juniors
Q. Manly - Where are they?

A. GOOOOOOOOORNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

3 in a row now!!!

And it's only gonna get worse...
\\\\:D/

Latest posts