What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manu for the Vulcans

I don't think you can drop Manu. It's a bit late in the season to punish someone for having an awful game, we just have to stick with what we have got and hope he makes up for it next week. Inu should definitely be in the team somewhere though and over Manu if need be. But I'd say Inu could cover centre 100x better than Brown. If Mannering is fit I'd like to see him stay in the second row were he has been a dominant force this year. Hopefully Berro is fit and can play the other centre.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Not talking about dropping Manu after 1 game. He's been awful all season. Not all his fault, but he just isn't the player he has been in the past at the moment. Don't drop him- play him in the Vulcans. Him and Lewis Brown.

Isn't that really a dropping?

Yeah, Brown needs to go. I think he's lost confidence and could really do with being afforded the opportunity to concentrate on one role. However, he's well back in the pecking order of our backrow stocks now.

From stevemascord.com:

The Penrith-bound mentor said he had no thoughts of replacing error prone winger Manu Vatuvei, as commentator Wally Lewis said he should have. “I’m not sure if they did (target him) or not. He just didn’t have a good night, did he? I guess you go back to the well, don’t you?

#5 v Tigers (we presume) looks like it will be worn by M.Vatuvei.

The good things is that the tigers rarely use the high ball themselves

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Manu had a shit game.
no doubt.
he can bounce back and I would pick him

Was he the reason for the loss.

no - brisbane won the game with strong ruck defense.
pushing the boundaries with the ref and hella fast linespeed.

Where was the wonderboy johnson?? b88tched out really.
Took a backwards step and did nothing.
Even scared of taking the ball to the line - inside balls.
seen the ball go left and he was standing out the back
Maloney had to do everything and got caught on fifth tackle options because they knew who was getting the ball

Lewis brown (other than inu) must happy to see the back of cleary.
He is not a centre.
He is getting up showing big time in the centres.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Who the hell is this c**k

exactly . . . he is a muppet

if he hates vatuvei so much . . .i suggest supporting another team because manu will be around for some time.

He has had a terrible run with multiple injuries which have hampered him.
He has been rushed back a few times also.

I would turn down the kiwis for 4nations and take time out to get fully fit and ready.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Kearney is smart and wont pick him. Nightengale, Beale, Duffie all ahead of him

I dont know that.
Kiwis do display quite alot of loyalty in their selections.

People are writing Manu off but he can come back . .. and that starts this weekend in sydney.

p.s I would have Kalifa Faifailoa would be 2 or 3rd wing choice.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Anyone think Seymour will come into Ivan's thinking, if he has been in decent form for the Vulcans? Johnson looked like a deer in the headlights last night, and was pretty average on defence.

Seymour is a good defender, will take a bit of pressure off Maloney and has the experience factor. I'm not saying I'd select him, I'm just saying I think Ivan will seriously consider it.

_addict

Juniors
Manu had a shit game.
no doubt.
he can bounce back and I would pick him

Was he the reason for the loss.

no - brisbane won the game with strong ruck defense.
pushing the boundaries with the ref and hella fast linespeed.

Where was the wonderboy johnson?? b88tched out really.
Took a backwards step and did nothing.
Even scared of taking the ball to the line - inside balls.
seen the ball go left and he was standing out the back
Maloney had to do everything and got caught on fifth tackle options because they knew who was getting the ball

Lewis brown (other than inu) must happy to see the back of cleary.
He is not a centre.
He is getting up showing big time in the centres.
Yep, I'd agree with that. Our big boppas still should have been pointed in the right direction and hit it up as hard as possible, and our line should have come up as the Broncos did. Capitulating as we did was unacceptable.

shiznit

Coach
the disappointing thing about Manu for me wasnt the dropped ball from the bombs... alot of players have issues under the highball when put under pressure. he had an off night.

the thing that bothered me the most was his stupid offload when the warriors were coming out of trouble.

its a bonehead play... he has a responsibility as a winger to take the first couple of hit ups to help his forwards.

throwing an offload is about weighing up the risk of a turnover with the reward of the ball going to hand... a turnover in your own 20 was far too much to risk for a good extra 10 meters gained.

for a guy thats played over 100 FG games that just shows a poor attitude...

If Krisnan Inu did that everyone would be calling for his head...

Maybe dropping him from the next game will give him a kick in the arse to really push forward next season.