What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manu Vatuvei

Blair

Coach
I didn't want to believe it was him. Who did?

Now it's important we treat him as innocent until proven guilty.

But I'm glad we can openly put a name to the allegations and, if we think about it, while his name was suppressed, it cast a shadow over all those former players, around his age.

In NZ you call this drug 'P', don't you? It's 'Ice' in NSW. A lot of the country towns where I live (Blue Mountains/Central West NSW) have significant meth problems. It looks horrible for addicts. We've had violent incidents in our unit block here in Katoomba which involved people on meth. It's scary stuff.

Last edited:

Penrose_11

Juniors
Yeah it’s P or meth over here. Scary stuff indeed. Unfortunately looks like he’s got himself caught up in something both him and his family are going to pay for, for many years to come. Possession would’ve been a slap with a wet bus ticket but importing, that’s a different kettle of fish

Hawkins

Juniors
I never understood why people called him a wanker because of the way he celebrated after a try.

He was a wanker even when they were losing.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Wasn’t there a story a few months back that outed the accused in this matter as Joseph Parker? Or have they both got caught up in something?

Penrose_11

Juniors
Both outed this week in media as involved in something. Both claiming innocence. Possibly linked but probably not....who knows these days

JJ

Immortal
Wasn’t there a story a few months back that outed the accused in this matter as Joseph Parker? Or have they both got caught up in something?
Not sure if it's the same case or not, both were after name suppression. Neither got it - Parker wasn't actually charged with anything as I recall, but clearly Vatuvei has been and it's rather serious

Blair

Coach
I never understood why people called him a wanker because of the way he celebrated after a try.

Everytime Manu Vatuvei,
would score a try,
he'd point to his friend, Sonny Fai,
in the sky.

He was even cool enough to do this in a NRL Grand Final.

Last edited:

WellsNZ

Juniors

You are surely thinking of someone else?

Not sure how pointing to the sky in tribute to his dead friend and team mate made him a wanker...

Latest posts