What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marc Glanvilles hit of the 90's

suburbanknight

Juniors
Can anyone help me out on the details of one of the most ferocious tackles seen in the 90's by my ex Leeds hero Marc Glanville? Its been the winner in several polls I've seen on the net over the years but I cant for the life of me remember who he hit and in what game?

Cheers

Matt23

Staff member
I think that would be the tackle in which he absolutely smashed Craig Field at Brookvale oval 1997 i believe ? Is that the tackle you mean?

antonius

Coach
I'm still amazed Field got up from that, he folded like a piece of paper when Glanville hit him. They've replayed it several times on Boots n All. He was a devastating tackler at the best of times, but that one was perfect.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
My favourite tackle glandville made was in 96. It was at ANZ. He ran from the back of the scrum, all the way across to the other side of the field to tackle handcock into touch after he had made a break. He showed great pace and commitment.

As fatty said, it was either glandville or 6 points.

Providence

Juniors
Bring it home Knights said:
My favourite tackle glandville made was in 96. It was at ANZ. He ran from the back of the scrum, all the way across to the other side of the field to tackle handcock into touch after he had made a break. He showed great pace and commitment.

As fatty said, it was either glandville or 6 points.

Hehehe.. I remember that one.

It was a bell-ringer.

I also remmeber thinking how much a tool fatty was.

Nothing's changed. :D

Agreat hit on Field but the little sucker still got up!
Im sure I saw Field running around for Newtown last year at a Knights game.Good player who could have been better.

98 days until..DAMN! ...April 16 is a long ways away!

Doctor

Bench
Matt23 said:
I think that would be the tackle in which he absolutely smashed Craig Field at Brookvale oval 1997 i believe ? Is that the tackle you mean?

I didn't realise it was so popular and indeed well-known. I've been proclaiming that for years as one of the best I've seen. Glandville is a pretty chunky bloke, a lot of power in his chest and middle-section. He ran hard at him and drove so hard at him that he almost came out the other side leaving an exit wound the size of Tasmania. :shock:

antonius

Coach
Holla if ya hear me said:
Agreat hit on Field but the little sucker still got up!
Im sure I saw Field running around for Newtown last year at a Knights game.Good player who could have been better.

98 days until..DAMN! ...April 16 is a long ways away!

You sure did, and he's still got it, made our boys pay a few times in that game, scored a try too if I remember correctly

Latest posts