What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mario here is what you need to do.

benji_28

Juniors
Go to the video shop and rent copies of madden 2004, fifa 2004 and yes even rugby 2004. What you have on your hands at the moment is a ok game to keep the hoards that have demanded a rl game for years. Dont get me wrong i want a rl game, and with developmet and continuous development in years to come you may have a fifa or madden on your hands. but these games just do thngs that can be implemented in rl to make it THE EXPERIANCE as far as games go.

Madden 2004 & fifa offers:

The ultimate in player customisation and personel management for teams in the game. You should be able to edit any players attributes...if people create super teams then so be it they are ruining it for themselves...have player accessories, tape..different shoe types...socks up or down ect...make it fully customisable...the great games' do it and giving an excuse of 'we think that would challenge the integrity of what we are creating' is a cop out.

have a depth chart like in madden so if a player is injured the team is reshuffled accordingly...have mutiple week and season ending injurys...this makes the depth of your team important...have players progress or regress in their ratings like in madden dependant on their performance and age...have players retire, then to replace them hav cpu generated rookies, or youth players (refer madden, nba, nhl 2004)...have a pre season so you can play development players so they can improve...have coaches who will affect how players develop...have a salary cap and player salaries in francise mode so not only do you play the season you have to manage the team...(refer madden, nba, nhl 2004)..if you lose and attendances are down have that effect the money you can spend on players and coach next season...have the cpu pick origin and rep players at the appropriare times and have that based upon the players performances at that point of time (as per pro bowl in madden and all star games in nba and and nhl)...make the cpu use the interchange as at this point in time only human players seem to tire and need replacing (rugby 2004 does this in longer games 10 min+ halves)...rugby 2004 gets no love here but it has a lot of basic things that i thought would have been a given in the rl game. from dummy half beable to pass to eithr a forwar do back using the r1 for a pass to the back or r2 for a pass to a forward for a hit up...have the hooker be the dummy half...(this should be done cause in rugby 2004 the scrum half will usually be in position unless he has bee tackled)..have some structure to the team..(in rugby 2004 after a tackle the players retun to their positions...wingerg get back out to the wings and the fly half gets back to first reciever and forwards get ready to hit it up)...get a better method of kicking goals, the current one just sux...have a kangaroo tour, like the british isles tour in the rugby..have a word cup mode...make player ratings out of 100 not 10 , to give greater differences in players abilitys...such as a speed rating may be a 7 for johns and a 8 for lockyer, but when out of a hundred the difference could be a little or a lot such as 71 and 89, you would se a differenc or 79 and 80 and ther would be very little speed difference..add more attributes such as intelegence, as some players have all the physical abilities in the world but could not match it with a wally lewis or ricky stewart because they had unbelivable vision and game smarts...

i am not bagging the game, i just want the game to progress...that is why madden and fifa are so good, they have been developed for years..games like rugby and league and cricket only get made every now and then..both rugby 2004 and rugby league could be awesome games in a few years if they are developed and upgraded yearly, without doing this they will never be at the level of the madden or fifa series...so mario please get a video card, go to the strore and get madden and fifa and see how they do it cause this game could be huge.

Petebix

Juniors
And while your at it, Mario, go get a 80 million dollar budget and another 130 people to work on your development team, the fact that you couldn't match a 10+ year old franchise with a fraction of their budget on your first attempt is just pathetic.

For shame sidhe. For shame.

Clevo

Juniors
I'm sure Mario and the development team will be asking themselves all sorts of questions but really benji.... if you are going to make a clone....why bother?

Time will tell if this is a quick buck venture or a serious future development project.

My feeling that the huge success this game already is that profits will go towards the next game.

StHelens

Juniors
Petebix said:
And while your at it, Mario, go get a 80 million dollar budget and another 130 people to work on your development team

Aah how great would that be :)

*dreams*
schla18.gif

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
LMAO.Mario,ignore the whingers,this game is superb not OK.Those who do not love this game have a seriously dull imagination.

EWS

Juniors
Well if quick reply isnt a rip off of Rleague I dont know what is....

But anyway, the first game was always going to have a few bugs in it, and a few options not there. Im sure FIFA's first and Madden's first game was like this as well.

I think the game is great, and there were always going to be things that needed improvement. Benji doesnt seem too much of a whinger, but he doesnt relaise that after making the same game ten times, you get better at it.

Most people bagging the game play it anyway, so they cant be that dissappointed.

I, myself, would have paid $300 for this game. its great.

Cupid Stunt

..::ERIC::.. said:
Well if quick reply isnt a rip off of Rleague I dont know what is....
Yes, because there hasn't been a forum other than Rleague to ever use the quick reply option...

LMAO... Of course not. In fact if you ask I'm sure he'll also give you the e-mail address of the R&D section that created the hack in the first place... :lol: :roll: :lol:

EWS

Juniors
But if Rleague hadnt just come back with quick reply, Im pretty sure it wouldnt be here.

Anway, that wasnt the point of my post. My point was that Madden and FIFA have made the same game several times, gradually adding in extras. i havent played the first version of each, but I would doubt they would be bette than the Rugby League game.

Cupid Stunt

EWS said:
My point was that Madden and FIFA have made the same game several times, gradually adding in extras. i havent played the first version of each, but I would doubt they would be bette than the Rugby League game.

True they wouldnt but there has been a major tech advance since the mid 80's but I see your point. My view is that by pilfering what Madden, Fifa et al have learned over the years would have been the obvious way to go simply because you know the set up works. In saying that though, if this is the base model of a series then I think league fans will very soon be playing the best sport game on the market.

ngunity

Juniors
I don't know if Benji the poster meant to imply he wanted all of the great features of EA Sports games in Rugby League in their first attempt.

But I think he's spot on. Madden 2004 for example is an exceptional sporting game, I've never played a game as obsessively, and for 2 years in a row (seriously) like I've played Madden 2k3 and 2k4. And I don't like American Football anywhere as much as I like Rugby league, I just really enjoy playing an exceptional sport game.

So back to his and my point which is ripping off EA's years of good ideas and development to make the next instance of RL (assuming there is one) better is a great idea. There's nothing wrong with taking ideas from the market leader. Of course with limited resources compared to EA the dev. team would have to prioritise which features and functionality they wanted, and which they simply couldn't get in the game.

For mine I'd like to see RL's defensive model overhauled ASAP to adopt the Madden method of player selection on defense, also allowing you to cycle through all your Defensive players while the ball is being played.

incredible_holc

Juniors
the rugby forum it was good until it misteriously disappeared

also Dragon Army Forums had it before both of these and it looks a hell of alot better, it looks so tidy. This looks huge and not good.

Crippler

Juniors
If you want a class sports game to model on look now further than Pro evolution soccer 3.

Also the new Rugby game in march will be CLASS as the makers proved with the original Jonah lomu game. Follow this as it will be the closest game possible to rugby league.

MadDogMason

Juniors
Be grateful u got a game to play that is RugbyLeague. Dont dis Mario he didnt have to do wat he did. :badgrin:

Frank_The_Tank

Juniors
yeah man rip off madden. this game is perfect. Before i got madden 03 i couldnt be bothered with football, now im a fan. imagine playing a game with everything in the madden games converted to a league game. my god. how f**ken cool. and to tell you the truth i had my hopes ea would put a bit into there latest abomination(rugby 04) but sadly no. not even a little. there is nothing wrong with madden at all. and to make a league game like that would not bother me one bit. even the same button configuration, profiles, graphics, animations (really would like to see a more realistic movement, but keep the tackles). This game is awesome as it is and i even like it better just cause its based on a better sport