What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mario here is what you need to do.

If I had a wish list for thre next version...franchise and player development would be the main things.

I like the defensive set up. Button mashing hasn't worked for me, I have had to slow down a bit and think about who I am using and who has the ball etc...

Also, Lomu's was a good game, and I know I spent way too many hours on it...but it also had a solid hand full of bugs and annoying parts that detracted from it somewhat. People have forgotten these over time and only remember the good parts...a new version from those people should be interesting

Sean7

Juniors
EWS said:
But if Rleague hadnt just come back with quick reply, Im pretty sure it wouldnt be here.

Anway, that wasnt the point of my post. My point was that Madden and FIFA have made the same game several times, gradually adding in extras. i havent played the first version of each, but I would doubt they would be bette than the Rugby League game.

Shame you didn't play the first of each, because compared to what was around at the time, they were well ahead of everyone else, even on their first attempt.

Mario

Juniors
Sean7 said:
EWS said:
But if Rleague hadnt just come back with quick reply, Im pretty sure it wouldnt be here.

Anway, that wasnt the point of my post. My point was that Madden and FIFA have made the same game several times, gradually adding in extras. i havent played the first version of each, but I would doubt they would be bette than the Rugby League game.

Shame you didn't play the first of each, because compared to what was around at the time, they were well ahead of everyone else, even on their first attempt.

True. Of course, the first version of Madden only had two teams and one stadium :)

The franchise has come a long way since then.

Sean7

Juniors
Mario said:
Sean7 said:
EWS said:

True. Of course, the first version of Madden only had two teams and one stadium :)

Yes it has and if it was released in it's original form now, it would be laughed at, but compared to other sport games on the market at the time, it was first class. That's the point, looking at it comparitively with other sport games available at the time of release, Rugby League is well behind in my opinion and is more like a budget title.

Goleel

Juniors
Well I'm looking at Rugby League's direct competition (Rugby 2004, AFL Live 2004 and Cricket 2004, the only other Aussie sports games around) and it kills those in gameplay, presentation and yes, has fewer bugs. It has a few issues, yes, and those will eventually be fixed, but go back to playing Counterstrike and Madden 2004 if you want games without bugs and with perfect presentation, in the meantime, we'll enjoy playing our first league game in years, despite the bugs in the game.

EWS

Juniors
True. Of course, the first version of Madden only had two teams and one stadium

Exactly my point. And thank you for shreading some light on that game, as people could have told me almost anything about it, as I said I didnt play it. I doubt Sean7 has played it to tell you the truth. The only reason we own these Madden games is becuase of their good reputation, whic the first game wouldnt have had.

Of course he is going to say he played it, but Ill neve believe him.

Anyway Mario, its a great game that I love playing. I just never get any sleep betwen talking about the game and playing it.. But theres still room for improvement, as with most games. If you make as many sequels as Madden, the game will be world known, and will promote Rugby League extremely well. Its what I expected, and deserved the hype. There were always going to be people bagging the game. There were people bagging it before it came out.

benji_28

Juniors
guys, not bagging the game, i am encoraging mario to go on and further develop it. If they just rest on their laurels and update the teams and draw but dish out baisicly the same game it is doomed. Madden and nba anre in direct competition to this game for the consumers dollar. dont just think that aussies buy aussie games. if the next one is not an improvement on this one i will not buy it, but i will buy madden 05 as i know without a doubt it will superior to madden 04. i play a gae of madden then put in rl and it is like going back to the old ps1, the difference is that great. go have a look at maddenmania.com on their forums, they whinge about the equipment and hairstyles of oth players, or the coach likeness as the rest of the game uis so strong. sure every game has drawbacks because of ai but these big buget games are far superior. what is was suggesting though was to look at aspects of how they are FULLY CUSTOMISABLE, my biggest gripe is the player management and how hard it is to update teams. madden owners can go online with their ps2 and get the current roster updates, i would like to see this adapted to rl next year for people who have network adapters. Read the post before you accuse me of whinging or disliking this game. i like it, but things could be a lot better.