What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mario, Sequel or no Sequel?

Mario

Juniors
-JJ- said:
I know this is a league forum and all, but I've had a bit of time recently and I looked at how you would convert "Stacey Jones Rugby League" into a union game.

Converting the League engine to a Union game wouldn't be too hard as you have suggested given the base we have to work from (though there would be a lot of new content and functionality to build).

The hard part would be getting a publishing deal (and funding for the project) given the market is about to get a second Union game in under a year.

inertia666

Juniors
Mario, would Sidhe consider doing a purchase only upgrade pack for Stacey Jones?

This could maybe be a way to get improvements small features into the game before the sequel is released. I'd certainly buy it if it was a 3rd of the price of the actual game (like the way strategy games market mission packs).

lionmaul

Juniors
Mario said:
-JJ- said:
I know this is a league forum and all, but I've had a bit of time recently and I looked at how you would convert "Stacey Jones Rugby League" into a union game.

Converting the League engine to a Union game wouldn't be too hard as you have suggested given the base we have to work from (though there would be a lot of new content and functionality to build).

The hard part would be getting a publishing deal (and funding for the project) given the market is about to get a second Union game in under a year.

Yes, that is true, but Mario you are forgetting one thing, none of these new games have JUMPING. :) You could be the first, and that is what is important above all. ;-)

Cheers and Salu

-JJ-

Juniors
Mario said:
-JJ- said:

Yeah, but Rugby 2004 isn't too much competition, and if you could get it for release in 2005 you could get some licenses aswell. Really it would only be Sidhe Game v World Champ, and even then World Champ will be nearly a year old. Have you seen some of the World Champ screenshots? They have names such as Lewis Brown for the hooker for the ABs. I am looking forward to it, but I do think you could make a good rival product.