What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mario!!!!! Voice IDS for new players

Horrie

Juniors
Mario i still love the first game and through so many mods done (new jerseys, IE2, team editors ) i still have heaps of fun playing it. Can't wait for the new one though and its looks awesome. It appears the game has been worked on for a while now so you may have settled on the team rosters but here are some that may have slipped through.

Also its really cool having voice ids for players rather than hearing the halfback or the number two etc. I do realise you probably have limited numbers and you may have already recorded the ids for the game but with so many good rookies and a franchise mode with suspensions and injuries the teams listed would have to have aheap of backup players coming through the ranks to fill in.

I hope there is a chance of having voice ids for custom teams so if you make a new one up they can call the name out like the jets or the hammerheads etc. And may be include the voice id for the 16th team (if we know by then) as a hidden extra and people can customise it later with players. Same goes with Perpignan in the super league.

Anyway i am sure it is going to rock with whatever you guys come up with. Below are the Rookies names. Obviously the rookies with last names like Williams, Bell, Tupou , Paea , Kelly can be made as custom players anyway but the other ones listed would be cool too. Specially the crazy names.

Brisbane

Berrick Barnes
Barry Berrigan
Neville Costigan
Tom Learoyd Mars
Darren Mapp
Nick Parfitt
David Stagg
Sam Thaiday
Brad Thorn
Tame Tupou
Aaron Barba
Leon Bott

Bulldogs

Chris Armit
TRent Cutler
Ben Czislowski
Reni Maitua
Brett Oliver
Trevor Thurling
Jamie Frizzo

Canberra

Mathew Gafa
Josh Miller
Micheal Weyman
Jermaine Ale
Damon Alley-Tovio
Terry Campese
Todd Carney
Marshall Chalk
Bronx Goodwin
Beau Mundine
Nathan Smith

Cronulla

Luke Covell
Daniel Dumas
Keith Galloway
Luke Harlen
Hutch Maiava
Ryan McGoldrick
Vince Mellars
David Simmons
Russell Aitken
Dimitri Pelo
James Stosic

Manly

Ashley Alberts
Matt Ballin
Travis Burns
Kane Cleal
Kylie Leuluai
Paul Stephenson
Brett Stewart
Micheal Witt
Jeff Robson

Melboune

Cooper Cronk
Antonio Kaufusi
Greg Inglis
Nathan Friend

Newcastle

George Carmont
Dustin Cooper
Blake Mueller
Jesse Royal
David Seage
Regan Tanner
Steve Witt
Kurt Hancock

North Queensland

David Faiumi
Steve Southern
Shane tronc
Jacob Lillyman

Parramatta

Jack Afamasaga
Ashley Graham
Luke O’Dwyer
Justin Tsoulos
FuiFui Moi Moi
Marcus Perenera
Tim Smith
Joel Reddy

Penrith

Garret Crossman
Luke Dyer
Ben Pomeroy
Frank Pritchard
Ben Rogers
Jason Wrigley
Damien Blanch
Jono Rolfe

St George

Ben Creagh
Micheal Ennis
Aaron Gorrel
Brett Kelly
Clint Greenshields
Wes Naiqama
Bryan Norrie
Justin Poore
Ashton Sims
Daniel Holdsworth
Lee te Mari

Souths

Roy Bell
David Faalago
Micheal Greenfield
Germaine Paulson
Todd Polglase
John Sutton
Peter Taylor
Trent young
Troy Bostson
Chris Enaharo
Ray Moujalli

Sydney Roosters

Richard Fa’aoso
Ben Hannant
Gavin Lester
Lelea Paea
Mickey Paea
Sam Perret
George Rose
Jamie Soward
Aidan Kirk
Steve Meredith
Grant Rovelli
Iosia Soliola
Heath L’Estrange
Adam Schubert

Warriors

Louis Anderson
Tevita Latu
Epalahame Lauaki
Jerome Ropati
Manu Vatuvei
Cooper Vuna
Shannon Stowers

Tigers

Robbie farah
Liam Fulton
Bryce Gibbs
Dene Halatau
Tim Mcgann
Dean Collis
Nick Kouparitsas
Jarrod Saffy

Thanks for endless hours of fun!

Great idea. As a big ESL follower, i think alot of the clubs in the National League 1 should have their club names in the directory eg: Halifax, Whitehaven, etc as the relegation system means we'll have a team who still arealled as 'Leigh' will be there in a few years when it'll actually be Whitehaven or someone.

also, putting alot of generic surnames into the directory will be great for creating your own players

Horrie

Juniors
Thanks Weasel. It just gives the game more Flexibilty and if it is on a voice id sytem then you can customise away.Great idea for the ESL too. If the stuff hasn't been recorded by Vossy then it may be a couple more hours of his time. He will love it.

As they are showcasing it in wellington in april I fear we may be too late though as its probabaly already done but would be ashame to see these rookies not listed. Especially wehen they become big stars and have no audio name. At least with sonny Bill and joe you have willliams already.

See what happens and if Mario can shed some light.

Mario

Juniors
Weasels Ripped My Flesh said:
Hmmm, where have Mario and the crew been latley? havn't seen them about since the announcement - Probally out there working on the game :D

Sorry, I'm in the US at the moment, so am only able to catch up with the forums sporadically.

We have already recorded the commentary, which included a much broader selection of surnames and team names. We may release the exact list at some point in the future.

Horrie

Juniors
Thats awesome Mario.

Very happy about that. would love to see that list eventaully too.

Cheers !

Deano

Juniors
What they do in Madden with computer generated players that come through is they give them the same last name as someone already in the voice database, so for example a rookie halfback coming through could be called Allan Fitzgibbon so that the game would recognize the name Fitzgibbon and then be able to produce commentry for him.

broncos4eva

Juniors
Heres hoping to a release of a Demo VERY soon so we can hear vossy back in action for 05 with all new commentary and see these superb graphics as well....

lionmaul

Juniors
Mario said:
Weasels Ripped My Flesh said:
Hmmm, where have Mario and the crew been latley? havn't seen them about since the announcement - Probally out there working on the game :D

Sorry, I'm in the US at the moment, so am only able to catch up with the forums sporadically.

We have already recorded the commentary, which included a much broader selection of surnames and team names. We may release the exact list at some point in the future.

Where in the US, if it's Florida, stop by have a beer. Hell, I'll give you a free case of beer. My wife works for Budweiser, she is a chemical engineer, believe it or not they do use chemical enginneers to make beer in the US. :)
Now you all know the truth behind Cheers and Salu!!!!!!!!

Mario

Juniors
lionmaul said:
Where in the US, if it's Florida, stop by have a beer.

I'm in San Francisco at the Game Developers Conference.

Hell, I'll give you a free case of beer. My wife works for Budweiser, she is a chemical engineer, believe it or not they do use chemical enginneers to make beer in the US. :)

Chemical Engineers? I would have thought they used Water Filtration Experts seeing as US beer seems to be made from dishwater? :)

lionmaul

Juniors
Mario said:
lionmaul said:

Hell, I'll give you a free case of beer. My wife works for Budweiser, she is a chemical engineer, believe it or not they do use chemical enginneers to make beer in the US. :)

Chemical Engineers? I would have thought they used Water Filtration Experts seeing as US beer seems to be made from dishwater? :)

Can't argue with you there. But hell it's free. :)
Plus the company makes like over 10 different beers, 20% of it is actually not that bad. ;-)

lionmaul

Juniors
lionmaul said:
Mario said:
lionmaul said:

San Francisco your almost as far of as New Zealand. :lol:
Can't argue with you there. But hell it's free. :)
Plus the company makes like over 10 different beers, 20% of it is actually not that bad. ;-)

Horrie

Juniors
Hey mario.

Seeing the game is being released in Septemeber and the audio has already been finished by Vossy will their be any leeway on if any new rookies emerge and have huge years that they record some extra names for the voice id later in the year. Surely Vossy will be up for it!

Last time we missed out on names like Witt ,Pritchard and a few others that bloomed later in the year.

just hoping. :D

ghoti

Bench
I'm sure with online compatibilty we will see occasional updates throughout the year including new names and stuff to be downloaded to memory card.