What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mario Williams

Mal Meninga

Bench
Machine.

Can't say I support drafting him ahead of Young or Bush but he may turn out to be the best of the 3 afterall.

Big Tim

First Grade
He has set a new record for sacks in a season for the Texans.... while 13 may not be a massive number, it is a progression.

eastsrule

Bench
The reality is with drafts is that skilled players are more often than not overhyped.

Joe Thomas for the Browns has been absolutely f**king unbelievable. Yes, he has a good Guard next to him, but he has been absolutely phenomenal himself.

Of course non skill players can be busts but Mario Williams has proven that the taking a line player at number 1 can help. The Texans are extremely close to having an elite defence.

dragonfire

Bench
agreed the Houstons rather than go for an easy and obvious pick that could help went for a guy who will be part of the engine of the team for the next decade. Getting elite prospects at such positions isnt as easy and they are only a couple players away from being a true contender in the AFC. Rosenfels the QB looked good today. the defense looked great and they had a fairly good running game. A smart draft this year and they will be the goods, just a pity they are in arguably the strongest division in the league.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
eastsrule said:
The reality is with drafts is that skilled players are more often than not overhyped.

Joe Thomas for the Browns has been absolutely f**king unbelievable. Yes, he has a good Guard next to him, but he has been absolutely phenomenal himself.

Of course non skill players can be busts but Mario Williams has proven that the taking a line player at number 1 can help. The Texans are extremely close to having an elite defence.

My gosh Joe Thomas has been friggin AWESOME but as we know lineman don't get as much credit as they should. I know AP is good very good but he has ALOT of help from his o-line. As for Williams lineman actually take a while to come into their own...whereas players like AP, Bush, Young ec can step in and get it done but then have a second year let down.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Left tackle is a premium position and the arguement is quite strong to take a Joe Thomas or Orlando Pace at #1.

While Super Mario is having an excellent year I still like the arguement of the hometown QB that could win games on his own and put people in seats. The biggest embaressment last year was Young walking into his home town and absolutely embaressing the Texans.

Overall i'd say take the QB if he's good enough but the powerhouse D is a close second.

eastsrule

Bench
Mal Meninga said:
Left tackle is a premium position and the arguement is quite strong to take a Joe Thomas or Orlando Pace at #1.

While Super Mario is having an excellent year I still like the arguement of the hometown QB that could win games on his own and put people in seats. The biggest embaressment last year was Young walking into his home town and absolutely embaressing the Texans.

Overall i'd say take the QB if he's good enough but the powerhouse D is a close second.

Is Vince Young the kind of quarterback that you would take and build a franchise around?

The Titans could have taken another position and would have been just as able to snag a Matt Schuab or Jeff Garcia as the Texans or Bucaneers. They could have even taken Culpepper for 1 year and then drafted a QB in the 2007 or 2008 draft. In my opinion, the QBs coming out this year are better than Young and Leinart.