What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mario

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Okay, i gotta a question.

IF there will be a new NRL game (which im betting there will be) will it have franchise mode? and if so can you at all tell us how long the franchise will be?

Thanks a MILLION mario, appreciate it greatly :D

tHe_MaC

Juniors
10 years would be good.

I'm playing MVP Basevall 2004 on my PS2 and getting through year 1 of 120 is starting to be tough. 100+ games per year.

Phillips

Referee
when you play for a season.....then after the season is done you can play into the second season (possibly buy and release players) and so on..

Mario

Juniors
Deano wire till i die said:
mario i was wondering in the game does it matter if you have a captain on the pitch and if so who it is.

Not in the current version, although this could be something we build into a sequel.

Alan Shore

First Grade
It should, by having a discipline rating. That way, when the Captain is off, everybody's discipline goes down. It shouldn't matter though if he is simply interchanged, because he's a forward like Price or Tallis.

You should be able to name a vice captain, and list 5 play kickers and goalkickers. Another issue which needs to be rectified is being allowed to reshuffle the lineup midgame. It's annoying when, for example, the fullback is injured and the best solution is to shift a backrower to centre, the centre to fullback and bring on a backrower but instead you have to put a bench backrower or prop at the back. You should also be able to change goalkickers midmatch.

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
i reckon fwds should get momentum in the tackles (eg webke making an extra 7 metres after hes tackled) a shoulder charge button wouldnt be bad either

Jono078

Referee
I was thinking.... (PS2 controls are used in example)

Firstly you know how the quicker you tap X faster you run, well i was thinking with that you can also charge up a meter for the forwards, and depends how far you charge it up thats how much further you can go while people are tackling/hanging onto you.

lionmaul

Juniors
Mario, if there is a sequel are you strongly considering adding jumping to improve the bombs and up and unders? What are the chances of it being in the next game? Cheers and Salu

Mario

Juniors
lionmaul said:
Mario, if there is a sequel are you strongly considering adding jumping to improve the bombs and up and unders? What are the chances of it being in the next game? Cheers and Salu

Seeing as you have only asked for it about a hundred times, probably not good. We need a feature requested about a thousand times before we would consider it :)

(your request has been noted, again)

Mario

Juniors
Deano wire till i die said:
should we make a petition :lol:

Well, although there already is one, no you don't need to.

Each suggestion is evaluated based on what it would add to gameplay. the effort required to add it, legal implications, NRL restrictions, and the technical risk to the project which enables us to prioritise it against other suggestions.

The number of people that want a particular feature is pretty much secondary to these things. Although if a high number of people wanted a feature we couldn't get into a particular version then we would look to get it into a followup version if possible by planning around it.

Latest posts