What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mario

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
i reckon inside balls would add a bit 2 gameplay as well

mario wats your list of features youd most like 2 have in the next game?

Mario

Juniors
KimmorleyKiller said:
i reckon inside balls would add a bit 2 gameplay as well

mario wats your list of features youd most like 2 have in the next game?

Franchise mode, online play, and graphics improvements have been prioritised for a possible sequel. There are of course a host of other things we would be looking to add or improve, but thats commercially sensitive at this time.

kizzsc

Juniors
Hey
Yeh online play sounds heaps good.

a good idea would be to have an online competion , where u play a team each week, at a certain time.

a question: do you reckon it would be possible to play online with a 56k modem with out too much lag??

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
if u had a stable connection UNLIKE ME it would be sweet

i think there should be a button combination for shoulder charge, how sweet would it be 2 have slater get a 20m runup from fullback 2 attempt a big king hit on mason after he recived a hospital pass from sherwin?????

Jono078

Referee
I hope they fix the little things first like, bugs, being able to edit stats, and just give it more replay value. Out of the 3 things mario mentioned i would want them in this order:

1. Graphics (i know they arnt everything but id like to be able to tell who im using)
2. Franchise (adds to the replay value)
3. Online (wouldnt care if it wasnt in)

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
id like to see an actual replay feature so you dont just get an automatic replay of a player grounding the ball, and have some1 explaining the try like sterlo

bippy

Juniors
How a bout a few more camera angles?
and fix up sideline cam so when you make a break you can see yourself and not the defence.

Mario said:
Deano wire till i die said:
should we make a petition :lol:

Well, although there already is one, no you don't need to.

Each suggestion is evaluated based on what it would add to gameplay. the effort required to add it, legal implications, NRL restrictions, and the technical risk to the project which enables us to prioritise it against other suggestions.

The number of people that want a particular feature is pretty much secondary to these things. Although if a high number of people wanted a feature we couldn't get into a particular version then we would look to get it into a followup version if possible by planning around it.
you dont need to get all serious on me

NZtiger

Juniors
A few improvements I'm hoping on:

* Weather - variable during the game (I cringe everytime I see the rain falling at the beginning kick-off shot...would be nice to have the rain come and go, would help for ball control, and is a little more realistic).
* Stats / Results - improved (Playing a season it gets pretty ridiculous to see the last team defend less points than you, even when you are at the top of the table. This is because of the silly 2-0, 4-1 scores you see popping up...I'm sure this will be fixed! And hit-ups??? WAY TOO LOW IN THE STATS - I have seen Mario's comment that a hit-up is when you charge a player up without attempting a side-step, fend, dummy-pass etc...you do that, you get smashed! I'm sure that will be fixed too.)
* Kicking - High Balls (When watching a game of Rugby League, and a high ball gets put up...whats your reaction? uh-oh! 50/50 chance that this will be caught....WE NEEEEED THIS IN THE GAME! So many tries are scored off the 50/50 up-and-unders...the game needs to add high kicks that can be directed - maybe a change to a 'blimp' type camera when it goes up, and follows it down, then the defending team has to judge a catcher under it, while it's swirling in the wind or not, and TIME A JUMP! yes! we need a JUMP button!!!! Pleeeeease!!!)
* Added Commentary, Round-Robins and Finals Differences and Crowd involvement (I don't expect Sidhe to totally change the commentary or improve the crowd graphics, gameplay is WAY MORE IMPORTANT of course! It would be nice to see a FULL HOUSE at the GRAND FINAL no matter who's playing, and a difference in 'feel' for Finals games compared to Round Robins eg. Logo's on field, bigger crowds, commentary excitement for Finals.
Also I would LOVE to see the crowd slowly disappear after each kickoff, if your home team is on the end of a 60-point drubbing or vice versa, and Voss saying "this team is so dreadful, even the fans are leaving!!!")
* Player and Team Confidence (And one last thing, something that I LOVE about Fifa, and can still be improved on in gaming....it's a BIG FACTOR in rugby league...just look what happened to those Tigers after the 50-0 drubbing of the Dragons! If you are in Franchise mode, there should be levels of Player's Confidence and overall TEAM confidence that has a major factor in your teams results. This, mixed with player skills and home ground advantages, should determine how well your team is doing, and the only way you can fix it is by changing the team, bring in enthusiastic youngsters, or beat those 'easy' teams to get the confidence back up! Would be neat to see the overall TEAM confidence go up and down DURING a match too! Something to think about.....)

So excited about the possibility of Rugby League 2! :mrgreen:

simostorm

Bench
NZTiger wrote:
"Added Commentary, Round-Robins and Finals Differences and Crowd involvement (I don't expect Sidhe to totally change the commentary or improve the crowd graphics, gameplay is WAY MORE IMPORTANT of course! It would be nice to see a FULL HOUSE at the GRAND FINAL no matter who's playing, and a difference in 'feel' for Finals games compared to Round Robins eg. Logo's on field, bigger crowds, commentary excitement for Finals."

Spot on there, more atmosthere and excitement for finals games.
I'd like to see a better cutscene of the players running out of the tunnel and through cheerleaders.

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
the national anthems with a camera walking past each team like in origin/tests ect

...with shannon noll singing!!!!!!

...and if its judy davies your GOOONE!!!

Ronaldo77

Juniors
Ill agree with all them NZTiger.

I cant wait for confirmation of a RL2, but it looks like we may well have to wait a while :(

nibbs

Bench
Hey Mario, what I would really like to see is the ability to have 2 player seasons, or 2+ player created cups. this was a really big disapointment to me after enjoying the drama of many 12 player cups on games like Pro Evolution Soccer 3

Jonotallica

Juniors
Wow NZTiger!! You love ya footy don't ya. Excellent suggestions.

Of NZTigers suggestions, I think I'd like to see weather variatoins and effects (mud) the most.

Aside from all the of little niggly problems and quirks from this game, assuming they are all fixed.. I'd like to see online play. That's it. Online play. Jono up the top ranked franchise ahead of online play, for the reason that franchise adds to the replay value.. well what about online play? People still play Counter-Strike after 5 years, and it has nothing to do with franchise mode. Franchise mode would be ok, but anytime you play against AI, it's going to get old quick, compared to playing against people. I'm also pretty certain that if there had of been online feature in this current version, that there would be online tourneys going on right now (a round per week), and we would see about 10x as many people posting about the game in this forum.

I rate the graphics actually. Not for specific detail or facial expressions but I think the game did a great job of showing the different body shapes in the game from only two values (hieght, weight). From the fixed behind camera, the body shapes look almost identical, the only letdown is the hair colours and meshes, as they don't allow for enough variety. Particularly the fact that there is brown, and there is black and no in between. This isn't a game where you need to see there faces, so the faces don't bother me. I just wish there was more variety in the hair. I'd much rather see 20 different hairstyles and dodgy faces, then 10 hairstyles and more realistic faces, because the hair helps you recognise players. You can't even see your teams faces while your playing the game.

One thing that I wish I knew how to edit is the crowds cheering when a conversion is kicked. It happens too late. If your at home and you have just kicked a sideline conversion the crowd doesn't wait until the ball has hit the ground before they cheer. They cheer right at the moment they see the ball going in. And sometimes they get excited and it curls at the last minute and they go yeeaaaahhh-Ohhhhhhhhhhh etc. It frustrates me that there is probably only a section of code somewhere that could be changed to make the crowd cheer a second or two earlier, and I don't know how to do it! Little things like that really increase the "feel" and enjoyment of the game for me.

The only other thing I'd like to see is more realistic penalites (high tackles). Not every high tackle should be penalised. There shouldn't be any sin bins for high tackles at all. Send offs yes, but in my years as a footy fan I don't think I've ever seen a sin bin for a high tackle. It would also be good if occasionally the ref put it on report.. even if it was a friendly match and you didnt care if your suspended. This game surprised me, in some ways it was alot better then I thought it would be.. I just wish I could play a game without at least one of my players in the bin. It's just not realistic, especially since lately in real life, the refs have gotten even stingier with the whistle when it comes to sin bins. Blow that whistle ref!

Argh, every time I get sucked into reading one of these suggestion topics, I start thinking about all the features a new game could have, and it's impossible to put them all in. It's just setting yourself up for disappointment.

To sum up, I'd be happy with the basics that this game had, I'd hope though that some of those basics were done a tad better. An extra hair colour here, and extra hair mesh there, a jump button, a couple minor adjustments the AI (passing when they are clear of opposition players), and the crowd cheering earlier on conversions and this for me would be a 9/10 instead of 8.