What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Edmondson

St.Seahawksl

Juniors
Hello all,
as a Saints fan I`m interested in your opinions on Edmo, I for one was a bit suprised when he announced he was going to the Roosters, but I can`t criticize him for trying to crack the NRL, which is the best standard in the sport.

Will he be a first grader? Personally I think he is a bit undersized to play prop, but what he lacks in bulk he makes up for with effort.

melon....

Coach
He is currently recovering from a shoulder injury he sustained whilst still in UK. He will play reserves this season, as it will take him a while to get the pace of our competition. It took Mozza a season or two.

Lets get his shoulder right and we'll see. N such requirement for a prop to be big...all you need is heart. Point in case Jason Ryles....big...no heart....useless.

2 True Blues

Coach
How long before he fully recovers from the shoulder injury melon. I will keep an eye out for him at Henson this season !!

melon....

Coach
2 True Blues said:
How long before he fully recovers from the shoulder injury melon. I will keep an eye out for him at Henson this season !!
He should be right by the early rounds. People say he's small for a prop, but I think mobilty will be the key this season.

I rate Flanagan as a coach. I saw what he did with our Flegg side 2 years ago, and I trust he will make a few of the boys in reggies stand up and be counted. I expect Mark to be one of them and be a big part of a Jets/Chooks Premiership winning team.

hrundi99

First Grade
melon.... said:
He should be right by the early rounds. People say he's small for a prop, but I think mobilty will be the key this season.

I rate Flanagan as a coach. I saw what he did with our Flegg side 2 years ago, and I trust he will make a few of the boys in reggies stand up and be counted. I expect Mark to be one of them and be a big part of a Jets/Chooks Premiership winning team.

Paul Young is coaching the Jets mate.

2 True Blues

Coach
Sounds promising mate, thanks for the info. And I like the sound of that Jets/Chooks premier ship winning side. Can't wait to get the season up and running. See you at Henson this season hopefully mate !!!!

St.Seahawksl

Juniors
melon.... said:
He is currently recovering from a shoulder injury he sustained whilst still in UK. He will play reserves this season, as it will take him a while to get the pace of our competition. It took Mozza a season or two.

Lets get his shoulder right and we'll see. N such requirement for a prop to be big...all you need is heart. Point in case Jason Ryles....big...no heart....useless.

I was at the game when he did his shoulder against London last year, but I did`nt think it would still be a problem.

We missed his effort and enthusiasm down the stretch last year.

2 True Blues

Coach
Edmo went really well against Western suburbs Magpies at Henson Park yesterday. He started on the bench and when he came on looked pretty good. He looks pretty fit and size will certainly not be a problem.

Jets won 46 to 28, however were leading 30 to 4 at halftime, and defence went absent in the early stages of the second half. Allowing Wests to put on 20 unanswered points, before the Jets took control again late in the second half.

JasonE

Bench
I think Edmo needs another week in the Premier League to get some more match fitness under his belt, then he should be knocking on the door for 1st team selection on the bench.

2 True Blues

Coach
Well he was in the run on side last weekend when Jets played Canberra ( beating them 34 to 24 at Henson Park ). However come to think of it I did not notice him in the last bit of the match. Don't know if he got injured or what ?? However he played well at the start of the match.....

2 True Blues

Coach
Well he is in the run on side in the 2nd row against manly today, so all appears good !!

Sa is starting at five eighth and no DOYLE in the side. Is DOYLE injured guys ???

langpark

First Grade
Looking forward to seeing Edmo's debut tonite, hope he goes well, Good Luck to him. I guess it's a bit of a baptism of fire for him, coming up against the likes of Webcke and Civoneceva

OVP

Coach
Edmondson did pretty well, as did ALL the other forwards, they WERENT the ones constantly dropping the ball. While i was pissed off with the Roosters overall effort, i must say i was VERY pleased with the forwards against the Broncs. At one stage in the second half we made 280 tackles to the Broncs 190. That alone would have rooted us, but i was pleasantly surprised with our forwards defence who kept us in the game for a very long period of time, until it proved too big a burden to bear. It was good stuff, but they are only human and cant keep doing that for only so long.

I was VERY proud of our forwards last Friday ... Im DISGUSTED that Stuart still persists with a hack who threw at least THREE hospital passes, and ended Steve Meredith's season in the process, and came VERY close to ending Jamie Soward's with his VERY first pass. Most on The Wall say it HAD to be deliberate to do that to a kid breathing down his sh*t neck and showing him how to play the game. FOFF YOU STUART ... YOU SUCK !! FOFF off to Canberra and take loverboy Finch with you.

OVP said:
Edmondson did pretty well, as did ALL the other forwards, they WERENT the ones constantly dropping the ball. While i was pissed off with the Roosters overall effort, i must say i was VERY pleased with the forwards against the Broncs. At one stage in the second half we made 280 tackles to the Broncs 190. That alone would have rooted us, but i was pleasantly surprised with our forwards defence who kept us in the game for a very long period of time, until it proved too big a burden to bear. It was good stuff, but they are only human and cant keep doing that for only so long.

I was VERY proud of our forwards last Friday ... Im DISGUSTED that Stuart still persists with a hack who threw at least THREE hospital passes, and ended Steve Meredith's season in the process, and came VERY close to ending Jamie Soward's with his VERY first pass. Most on The Wall say it HAD to be deliberate to do that to a kid breathing down his sh*t neck and showing him how to play the game. FOFF YOU STUART ... YOU SUCK !! FOFF off to Canberra and take loverboy Finch with you.

Interesting so when soward kept on with the tackle that ended with sioloa's leg being trapped underneath the brisbane player which caused the knee injury resulting in him being out for upto 6 weeks that was deliberate too??

you foff heads are a disgrace you never ever give comrade finch an inch and it's always his fault when the team loses.