What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Gasnier

RedVDave

First Grade
Do you think we might just see him back in a Dragons Jumper round June next year.........[/QUOTE]

I most certainley hope not! He chose money over being a Saint, cost us a great centre in Josh Morris (and I believe we are a little thin in centre department at the moment) and he only aimed up in the rep games! Not to mention he would take up a massive chunk of the salary cap each year only to sit on the sidelines and his defence is garbage. so no thanks!

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
I dont care what any Gasnier haters say. He was a superstar. Would of captained NSW in Origin this year IMO had he hung around and consistently held Justin Hodges out of the Australian side, and Justin Hodges (whilst being a dickhead) is one of the best centres going around.

The Nick

Bench
Gasnier's has stated on the record that he is serious about makin a real fist of Union and that his goal is to play for the Wallabies. I don't see him making the Wallabies before May next year, so no. I'd be very suprised if we ever saw him in a Saints jersey again to be honest.

And to all those having a go at him for chasing the $$$, well it's easy to maintain your morals when they've never been tested. Don't be jealous that no-one headhunts you in your profession.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Je ne manquez pas Gasnier le moindre toutefois le ramenerait `a 300k, `egalement obtenir aucune clause `echappatoire cette fois.

Au revoir

Last edited:
To be honest Gaz spent more time watching from the grandstand than he did on the field. That's one of the reasons he isn't really missed. A great player but had trouble getting on the park for us. Not sure if he's over those problems in France, but he just wasn't worth the big bucks IMO.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i put this banner idea in the banners thread... but sums up thoughts for this year..

gaz.png

Red Bear

Referee
Why would you want him back? Sure he was a good player but he never sounded like the best influence of the field. You have a much better and more united playing roster without him

Doug2234

First Grade
Je ne manquez pas Gasnier le moindre toutefois le ramenerait `a 300k, `egalement obtenir aucune clause `echappatoire cette fois.

Au revoir

I Don't miss any Gasnier however the pay 'a 300 k' also get no clause escaping this time.

Goodbye

Doug2234

First Grade
Gasnier ne pas être revenir au Rugby League... Il produira jamais que je suppose. J'ai pu être mauvais mais au moment où qu'il revient il sera prob être vieux et au-delà de son mieux.

No way man, he'd go soft playing in that frog league, his last couple of season he was never as good as he was 05-06 seasons...

STG-Dragon

Juniors
No way Gaz was so overrated and he is getting on now anyway no point wasting the cash and I'm very pissed that he cost us Josh! Gaz good ridden's!

Wobbygong

First Grade
I Don't miss any Gasnier however the pay 'a 300 k' also get no clause escaping this time.

Goodbye

Wrong......................try again, that's about as accurate as your call regarding Adidas and the Titans merchandise lol

Last edited:

TheRev

Coach
He is probably appreciating being away from all the pressure of his family name, and seemingly a lack of support of the fans here..

He was/is a genius player who can make something from nothing (something we dont have right now), however I fully agree that it is impossible to find 300k for a centre, and more importantly one that was always injured.. its too hard to cover for him..

dragonfan1

Juniors
What happened to the salary cap exemption for union/ESL players who switch to the NRL? I used to love watching Gasnier with his shimmies but I don't think we need him. Still would be cool if he came though.

gregstar

Referee
gregstar said:
if gaz hadn't f*cked us around, we could have kept the other downie morris twin. & probably at the expense of bendover.

if i had a choice between downie #2 & bendover, the syndrome man would win hands downie.

Latest posts