What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Geyer: Craig Bellemy did not want Tim Mannah

Prop Forward

Juniors
According to MG and backed up by Andy Raymond on NRL Tactics, Craig Bellemy did not want Mannah in the side and was dirty the selectors picked him over Brett White.

This seems to be the reason why Tim only got 11 minutes.

slammingsam

Juniors
Bellamy ovibously has a liking to his own players..White is absolute balls and is one of the worst front rowers i have seen.

Mannah is miles ahead of him.
I think this series showed what potential Bellamy really has a coach...because apart from that he had been coaching a team 1.5 mill over the cap.

mrpwnd

Bench
Its a pity, i mean Mannah made VERY good quality runs and could've been injected during the last 15 minutes of the first half to cement the blues dominance around the middle of the ruck and once again 20 minutes into the 2nd half to provide the extra metres. 49 metres from 4 touches of the ball, imo, had he been out there for a bigger duration of the match could've easily outdone the stats of even the QLD props.

I'm sorry if its my blue and yellow goggles talking but I genuinely believe Mannah is the current best NSW prop.

Eels Dude

Coach
Yeah pretty much common knowledge already. People were posting the same thing in our forum as soon as game 3 finished so the cat was out of the bag pretty quickly on wednesday in regards to Bellamy's thoughts. When I say cat i'm not referring to White either even though he is one but Bellamy's opinions. Bellamy clearly is too biased to be a a coach at origin level, as are the selectors in their own ways. Hence why we need a complete overhaul of the selection process, and NSW need an origin coach not affiliated with any club side.

Forty20

First Grade
Yeah, my ears perked up when I heard that whilst watching Tactics.

If it is true, then it cements Bellamy's status as the most over-rated coach in recent times (in my mind at the very least!).
Without a team supported by an open cheque book, he seemingly lacks the tactical nous or the sheer motivational presence required in his current (past) office.

If he forgot to play Mannah until the 50th min (approx) then that shows negligence as a coach and is a sorry foot note for his inglorious triple crown.

However, if what Geyer said is true than the man is a pathetic coward who is obviously too petty an individual to brush asides blatant personal favouritism and actually perfrom the duties required under the privileged mantle of the coach of NSW.

Despite Bellamy's handicap Tim, in his brief 11min, outplayed King and Snowden and will hopefully come back primed to tear the cowboys apart on Monday.

In regards to Bellamy, either way he is an idiot or a wanker and regardless of both he is most definitely a fraud.

Good riddance.

Last edited:

BissyB

Juniors
Chheeeeeattttterrrrrrrr

exactly why we need a non club coach. Then the coach made decisions aren't bias. I'd put my hand up for Gus that's for sure.

caylo

Bench
I think it is an absolute shame that Mannah and Poore did not see more origin this year. IMO they should both be in the team next year along with Snowden and TLL.
IMO White, Weyman and Perry have been very poor. Weyman is just too slow, Perry is just crap and White showed glimpes but is not a consistant, get my team out of trouble prop.
I thought the backrow was very good and they should stay together, Gidley was good from 14 and the backline bar Scott were good.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Well...jee whizzz..... Golly...

If Ol' Stoner MG says so, .....then it must be true...

Ain't the sharpest tool in the shed is he? but definitely 'A' tool.
:roll:

adamkungl

Immortal
Bellamy is an absolute nuffy... Has a total of 0 worthwhile acievements to his name, can't even jag a single f**king Origin series. Can't cheat in Origin can ya Bellamy

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
captainobvious.jpg

Well who has the biggest future in Origin ?

Mannah or Bellamy.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Bellamy what a fraud, didn't get his bum buddy White in the team so he takes it out on Young Tim. Disgraceful, good riddance you cheating whining piece of sh*t. Worst Origin coach ever

Hagan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bellyache.

Gronk

Staff member
If it's true then it's a ridiculous attitude by a professional coach AND the selectors must be spewing. Will be interesting to watch the Saturday pre-game show on fox and see if they ask Laurie Daly about it.

Last edited:
So Bellamy would rather try to prove a point (which he failed) then win the game for the Blues?
Glad he is no longer Origin Coach.
Someone told me he is a Qlder but has hidden this from the public. Some of his tactics to help Qld win would agree with that.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Hey guys, remember this is in the opinion of MG and Andy Raymond. I love both of them to death, but seeing as NEITHER had ANYTHING to do with Origin or Origin camp i would love to know how they could state that as fact??

strider

Post Whore
yeah it is the opinion of 2 ppl - MG (who says his share of dumb sh*t - lol) and Andy Raymond (who i know grew up in the parra area and is likely a parra fan) ..... but i think there is also logic behind it ...

- bellamy specifically said it wasn't the team he wanted, but he'll go with it
- i can't find any other logical reason why he would a) leave him off until mid-second half and b) have dragged tim after just 11 minutes when he was putting in the effort he was ..... all i can think is he wasn't confident in him from the outset

And furthermore - if its true that Bellamy has done it, then I'd be prepared to blame him mostly (over the selectors) for the sh*t NSW has sragged out over the last few years .... our NSW teams have been TERRIBLY balanced over the last few years - we trott out one team a series that seems to play better than qld .... if bellamy was driving the selections, then he's the main problem

WA Eel

Juniors
Look on the bright side guys, at least Tim Mannah got 11 minutes more field time than Aaron Raper :)

stuke

Bench
Tim made a more positive contribution in 11 minutes than Brett White did in 2 games this year. His stats outshone Snowden and King despite playing 1/3rd of the time.

That shows quite clearly that Bellamy was not up to the task of coaching at Origin level. All he had to do was look at the impact that Tim was having and manage his bench rotation (or bench his ego) a little better.

Latest posts