What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Geyer: Craig Bellemy did not want Tim Mannah

Eels Dude

Coach
Hey guys, remember this is in the opinion of MG and Andy Raymond. I love both of them to death, but seeing as NEITHER had ANYTHING to do with Origin or Origin camp i would love to know how they could state that as fact??

The rumours this was the case had been stated in this very forum well before MG and Raymond said anything. If you look at the origin thread you'll see many people posting they'd heard the same thing from elsewhere, and this was on wednesday night at soon as the game finished.

oldmancraigy

Coach
It's a real shame since Mannah was fantastic in his (very) limited minutes.

SOOOO glad Bellamy isn't there.

I truly believe he favours the Storm players and is opposed to the slightest chance that anyone might outshine them.

Look at the selections of

Hayne (took forever to get him to FB)
Jennings (dropped after looking dangerous last year)
Farah (not even picked this year....)
Mannah (11 minutes)

Wouldn't be because they play the same positions as

Slater
Inglis
Smith
White

would it?

I mean it'd be terrible if any of those NSW guys really starred at Origin level and showed up his own Melbourne players in any way wouldn't it?

strider

Post Whore

I truly believe he favours the Storm players and is opposed to the slightest chance that anyone might outshine them.

Mannah (11 minutes)

Slater
Inglis
Smith
White

would it?

I mean it'd be terrible if any of those NSW guys really starred at Origin level and showed up his own Melbourne players in any way wouldn't it?

oh goodness!!! ..... I wouldn't for one minute believe Bellamy was sabotaging NSW so his storm players could be successful :lol: ..... I just think Bellamy has been given far too much control of the NSW team and subsequently made some woeful decisions

Forty20

First Grade
Hey guys, remember this is in the opinion of MG and Andy Raymond. I love both of them to death, but seeing as NEITHER had ANYTHING to do with Origin or Origin camp i would love to know how they could state that as fact??

Well as I said earlier, if Bellamy is indeed innocent of being a Grade A+ Flogger and deliberately sabotaging Tim's debut then the counter arguement is simply that he is an idiot of the highest order.

Who seriously plays their frontrow rotation short in Origin?

Either way Bellamy is a twat. :p

ParraManiac

Juniors
whether or not this is true (which I believe it is), the decision to bring Mannah off and take Gidley away from hooker are totally responsible for NSW losing that game. I blame him personally for losing the series, and his treatment of Mannah proves him to be an A grade f**kwit!

it just sums up the nsw selection and coaching doesnt it? one of the best young props going around has to wait until after the series is lost just to get a run and then he spends most of the game on the bench :crazy:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Mannah (11 minutes)

Slater
Inglis
Smith
White

would it?

Yep totally agree, cannot believe how Jenning didn't get in the first game. This guy surprised me last year with his form in Origin, should have been one of the first picked this year.

On Farah he needs to be picked, was a little quiet last year but it takes time to get use to Origin. Ennis is half the player Farah is.

And how did Steve Turner ever get picked

mrpwnd

Bench
Tim made a more positive contribution in 11 minutes than Brett White did in 2 games this year. His stats outshone Snowden and King despite playing 1/3rd of the time.

That shows quite clearly that Bellamy was not up to the task of coaching at Origin level. All he had to do was look at the impact that Tim was having and manage his bench rotation (or bench his ego) a little better.
Wrong, that 11 minutes was more than Brett Whites entire career.

mrpwnd

Bench
Yep totally agree, cannot believe how Jenning didn't get in the first game. This guy surprised me last year with his form in Origin, should have been one of the first picked this year.

On Farah he needs to be picked, was a little quiet last year but it takes time to get use to Origin. Ennis is half the player Farah is.

And how did Steve Turner ever get picked
Anthony Quinn, Steve Turner, Brett White.
Bellamy just doesn't know how to bring up the NSW boys in his precious storm team:(
IMO, NSW failed the moment they got coaches from QLD sides, Graham Murray(NQLD) and then Bellamy.

Prop Forward

Juniors
Geyer and Raymond both said they heard from two independent sources...These sources, who were connected with the NSW camp, said Bellamy was dirty Mannah was picked over White.

The Bassman

Juniors
I sat watching and waiting for Tim mannah to make his debut.

He came on and tore it up .... then he was gone!

In the final 10 minutes I noticed Snowden making mistakes and looking tired and, although I am just a spectator these days and not a player, I thought "Jeez, the coach has to hook this guy, he'll be the end of the blues otherwise".

Nostradamus struck again.

After Ennis was penalised by Queenslands man of the match, Tony Archer for being hit by Nate Myles, the cold shivvers began ....

Snowden missed takles ....

Queensland scored ....

bye, bye origin 3 !!

Bellamy struck again, not only with sh*te tactics (his insistance in having the outside back run in "umbrella style in defence" was another predictable tactic, as was the constant "thru the middle don't give it to the backs" tactics), but poor selections and player rotations.

His meely mouthed, bitter payback for not having $torm players there backfired and we got to see how he is the most over-rated coach in the NRL.

Goodbye and good riddance.

You no longer have to put up with the "pain of coaching against my own players" as he stated ...... DINGBAT .... when they wear the Moroon jumper THEY ARE NOT YOUR PLAYERS ANYMORE .... they certainly have no qualms about smashing their fellow $torm players when it's Origin time