What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Geyer - what's his problem?

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Let me just say that I loved Mark Geyer as a player. He was a deranged looney who was always on the edge of the rules, but that's what made him so good.

But he surely must be the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen. Everytime a player does something wrong, on or off the field, he bags them and shows no understanding of their situation whatsoever.

His latest - zero tolerance for drugs.

This from a bloke who tested positive for marijuana, and who later admitted that when Ben Alexander died all the Penrith boys did for weeks was "sit around bonfires all night drinking booze, smoking pot, and telling stories about Boods".

He's been allowed to make mistakes and grow up, but he doesn't allow other people the same chance.

Is he just mad because he always got busted when did something wrong (6 weeks I recall for the positive test), or does he just forget his past? Perhaps he's just stupid?

Dutchy

Immortal
He also says that he was an idiot and is very remorseful for his actions in the past.
He said he was being hypocritical.
He also has said he would have copped it on the chin with the Zero Tolerance policies he backs up.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Dutchy said:
He also says that he was an idiot and is very remorseful for his actions in the past.
Yeah he's remorseful now he's a dad and all growed up (sic). I don't remember much remorse at the time.
And that's the point - you can be remorseful if people give you a chance (he had plenty). It's much harder to be remorseful if people disown you - that usually leads to anger.

He said he was being hypocritical.
He half babbled that he might be being hypocritcal, probably because people have called him it before.

He also has said he would have copped it on the chin with the Zero Tolerance policies he backs up.
Honestly, that is complete nonsense, and it's very easy for him to say now. He's either a complete liar, or he forgets what he was like back then. He barely copped any of the results he was given at the judiciary. In fact, I recall he once gave the finger to the judiciary, and then claimed he didn't. :lol:

Fibroman

First Grade
There's nothing wrong with MG. He calls 'em as he sees 'em, and that is why his popularity in the media is increasing.

I also happen to know that MG does a heap of work for charities, and always takes the time to stop and talk to his fans. He is a down to earth bloke and a family man.

Ps. How funny was it when he cracked the "pull him off" line, watching Matty Johns trying to stay composed?

Mark Geyer is an oxygen thief who has no place in the game.

He offers nothing constructive to rugby league debate. Who the hell keeps putting a microphone in front of him?

Fibroman

First Grade
International RL said:
Mark Geyer is an oxygen thief who has no place in the game.

He offers nothing constructive to rugby league debate. Who the hell keeps putting a microphone in front of him?

Obviously the blokes that are signing the cheques based on feedback and ratings that are on the increase since he has been getting more exposure.

Unlike you, there are a lot of real, fair dinkum, down to earth blokes and ladies in this country that can appreciate a person like MG, and the fact that he has the balls to speak his mind.

Zero tolerance is the only way to really stamp drugs out of rugby league and society in general. It has to go one way or the other. ZERO TOLERANCE OR LEGALISE THE STUFF. No inbetweens.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Fibroman said:
Obviously the blokes that are signing the cheques based on feedback and ratings that are on the increase since he has been getting more exposure.

Unlike you, there are a lot of real, fair dinkum, down to earth blokes and ladies in this country that can appreciate a person like MG, and the fact that he has the balls to speak his mind.

I'm not arguing that. Idiots often get good ratings.

Point in case - the Footy Show winning Logies!

Half the time he opens his mouth to "speak his mind" his mind decides to contradict something he's said before or done himself.

Don't get me wrong, I generally like the bloke, but every now and then he annoys me because every now and then he's a hypocrite and/or a moron.

bartman

Immortal
Fibroman said:

Thanks Mark. Good to know you find the time to post at LU as well ;-)

eagle rock

Juniors
ask yourself this....would you rather listen to MG occasionally make a goose of himself,...or have Ben Ikin on the roast and cop him for an hour?.....end of. :roll:

Fibroman

First Grade
bartman said:
Thanks Mark. Good to know you find the time to post at LU as well ;-)

Lol. He does have a look at these forums occasionally, as any budding journo should to get a snapshot of what the fans are saying about the game and the players.

He might even post on here occasionally? Who knows?;-)

legend

Coach
B-Tron 3000 said:
Let me just say that I loved Mark Geyer as a player. He was a deranged looney who was always on the edge of the rules, but that's what made him so good.

But he surely must be the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen. Everytime a player does something wrong, on or off the field, he bags them and shows no understanding of their situation whatsoever.

His latest - zero tolerance for drugs.

This from a bloke who tested positive for marijuana, and who later admitted that when Ben Alexander died all the Penrith boys did for weeks was "sit around bonfires all night drinking booze, smoking pot, and telling stories about Boods".

He's been allowed to make mistakes and grow up, but he doesn't allow other people the same chance.

Is he just mad because he always got busted when did something wrong (6 weeks I recall for the positive test), or does he just forget his past? Perhaps he's just stupid?

Judging by the MASSIVE reaction to your thread, i would say the majority are definately against you goose.
MG is doing fine and never hides from his mis-adventures!
Should be more in the media like him.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
legend said:
Judging by the MASSIVE reaction to your thread, i would say the majority are definately against you goose.
I fail to see your logic. Judging by the 'massive' reaction I'd say that most are non-committal, or agree.

When people disagree or think negatively they are likely to post. Take a read of the other threads and you'll see what I mean.

Oh, yeah, and I'm not a goose!!!!! You're the goose!!!! Nah nah nah nah f**king nah. You moron.

MG is doing fine and never hides from his mis-adventures!
True, that's not my point though, is it?

Should be more in the media like him.
Cheers Mark, you 'legend', one of you is enough.

Latest posts