What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark O'Meley signs with Hull

adamkungl

Immortal
http://www.roosters.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=18007

O'Meley signs with Hull

Saturday, July 04, 2009
Sydney Roosters forward Mark O’Meley has signed with Hull for 2010 on a three year deal.
O’Meley, who joined the Roosters in 2008, will depart the club at the end of this season.
Mark made an instant impact at the Roosters and was voted Clubman of the Year in 2008. He has played a key off field role in the development of young players coming through the ranks who are now making an impact on the field.
The Roosters have released Mark from the final year of his contract with Coach Brad Fittler saying that his leadership will be greatly missed.
Whilst the Roosters are disappointed that he won’t be with the club next year it is a great opportunity for Mark and his family to experience life in the UK.
“I have had a wonderful time at the Roosters and am able to take some great memories with me,” said Mark.
“Whilst it has been a lean season this year I am excited about the future of the Club and the young players that we have coming through.
“I am sad to be leaving but am looking forward to the experience over in the UK and it will be nice to be there alongside Fitzy and our families.”
Mark will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his knee this week that will see him ruled out for the remainder of the 2009 season.

Chook Norris

First Grade
good luck to the Ogre, i hope he goes well

watching the game on 9 last night and hearing the stat that we have 9 players under 21 is quite shocking (but also has its merits)

imo we won't miss him dearly, but his experience we will

I like the bloke, so it's sad to see him leave Australia. Best of luck to him, hope his playing career goes well for him over there.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
We lose another character, a great league man and a from where I sit a very good prop who still had plenty to offer in the NRL. NRL's loss, Super League's gain. Ogre will play 3-4 years in the UK at a high level.

All the best. I think he should've played more Origin games though thems the breaks.

_STING_

Juniors
I must say that I was glad to hear the Ogre moving on. Not because I dislike him as a player but I feel his time in the NRL has past its used by date. I think the two referees system this year has quickened the game up to the point where Ogre could not put in the time on the field required. Throw in the ten man interchange and it is becoming a fast, fit mans game. It won't surprise me if we start losing more players to Super League at a much younger age and dare I say, even Rugby Union. The body can only take some much year in, year out and it will take its toll on some much sooner. It's also interesting to see how many injuries have occurred in the last few weeks as the season gets longer. Fatigue because of the speed of the game may be a factor.

But it will be interesting to see whether Willy stays now. One of the two had to go.

adamkungl

Immortal
The fact that we have so many young players has me excited for the next few years. There are so many of them that in my opinion have a premiership in them if we can get some good minds around Fittler. We *really* weren't that far off it last year, if we could have just got our second halves in order by the semis.

tezzah1

Juniors
Need a GI type player who has loads of X factor - a freak type player who can run and defend like a super human rugby league player. My money is on that the Roosters club end up buying established players from rival Sydney clubs.

1. Minichello
2. Perret
5.Kenny Dowall
6.Anasta
8.Nuusala
10.Myles
11.Cherrington

_STING_

Juniors
Need a GI type player who has loads of X factor - a freak type player who can run and defend like a super human rugby league player. My money is on that the Roosters club end up buying established players from rival Sydney clubs.

1. Minichello
2. Perret
5.Kenny Dowall
6.Anasta
8.Nuusala
10.Myles
11.Cherrington

Are you trying to fill the gaps for next year?
GI = TC

Latest posts