What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark O'Merley = Overated.

fourplay

Juniors
The thing I like about Shrek is he ALWAYS gives is 100% EVERY game and never backs down. Compare him to the usual Jason Ryles who is an absolute cat.

O'Meley is not even 6ft and he is mixing it up with the best.

Master Vippo

Juniors
As long as a prop turns uup to play with the same intent that Perry did on friday night, they're gonna have a big game. I think O'Meley may have just needed a wake-up call. He can do better and will. The bar has been set.

That O'Merely - or O'Merly - whatever's ya pleasure - is a complete NUFFY!........as are the rest of his Nimbin Numbats teammates! DisGRACE of the Group 47 Competition I tells ya!! Overrated by every hillbilly pub expert out there!

That Mark O'Meley however - he doesn't go too bad.

RABK

Referee
GoTheBears said:
Baily is the best prop going around.

Joel Clinton is the softest...

You're kidding, Clinton runs harder then most props in the game...never any jogging...always at a hundred miles an hour.

What a joke of a thread, O'meley is one of the top props in the game.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
macavity said:
Perry is going to own lots of props this year - he is finally fit and being fired up

I can smell and injury coming now...

Back to O'Meley though. I guess you have to way things up. Do you want a prop that plays and makes good metres and babbles a bit of sh*t to the press, or one that is suspended every 2nd week as he mistakes heads for chests?

O'Meley is a very smart frontrower - he has FAR more than just the bash 'n barge that some props offer (Not that that can't be effective sometimes - but is rather one dimensional and can be quite easily negated - if that's ALL youve got as a prop!) - has a ghood offload on him, a good 'hit 'n spin thanks to his low centre of gravity, and can also play before the line with aplomb. Always gives 100% for every moment he's out there - Runs & Defends like his life depends on it.

Underrate this player if you will - But I most certainly don't think any NRL coaches are dopey enough to underrate him...And if they do - it is to their peril!

PARANoIR

Bench
Chook said:
O'Merley gets stopped at the ad line more times than he breaks it or even moves it backwards, he himself gets pushed backwards more often than any other front rower in the league imo, he rarely puts on a big hit and he's not very mobile for a squirt of a front rower.

He may play with heart, but heart don't make up for talent or ability, just look at Brett Finch.

O'Merly is to playing front row what Brett Finch is to playing halfback = vastly overated.

Chook.

This coming from a bloke who supports a team with Braith Anasta in it - the guy who's been voted most over rated in the game TWICE.

simon says

First Grade
Every bloke mentioned in this thread as a nuffy I rate.....

O'Meley,Ryles,Clinton,Perry etc......I wouldnt want any of these blokes running at me.

ngunity

Juniors
O'Meley and Bailey woud lead the league's props this season in heart. Bailey by a nose, I can't believe how much he's putting in! makes Ryles look even more ridiculous in his skirt. (Webcke fans yes Webcke shows more heart, he always does, his whole career)

Re: the Knights game perchance O'Meley would have got on top if he had a great hooker to control the forwards like the Knights did. Gould explained, quite well I thought in his Saturday article, how Buderus protected his props from the Dogs smashing them in defence and only gave his props a hit up when the dogs were back peddling.
Clever Buderus and Hagan and Johns for beating a far superior pack of forwards

If you want to talk Nuffies talk about the Dogs #9s since Hetherington left, not our props which are all internationals.

And if you still aren't sure about O'Meley ask if Bryce Gibbs or Josh Miller are keen to tackle him on a big run any time soon, they're the most memorable props he's obliterated, and although he hasn't actually literally killed any big names props you can bet they respect him and you get a good contest