What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark O'Neil

gavin

Juniors
He was awesome for us last year, Got himself a fantastic rep.

I would say legend, IMO.

How did you guys rate him when he played for you?

T

Juniors
Wasn't the greatest player but he gave his all every week - a plyer every team needs

Once Dead

Bench
A veteran clubman who put his all in every game.....wore his heart on his sleeve.......and his blood is black and orange....he was finally able to hold the NRL holy grail above his head after years of being down at the bottom of the table

Callan Pk

Juniors
Of average ability but gave it everything he had every time, great clubman and a top bloke to boot, too bad Sheens f**ked him round, he deserved better.
Will be back when Sheens f**ks off

The type of player every team loves to have, and every fan is proud to support. Gives 110% every week, as loyal as anyone, and just an all round top bloke.

crouching_tiger

Juniors
The most deserving Balmain>WT stalwart to hold the NRL Premiership trophy above his head proudly.LOYALTY, HONOUR & PASSION should be inscribed next to his name when he gets inducted to the Balmain Legends Honour Roll. His try during the 2005 finals sends shivers down my spine when i think about it.

tiger_nick

Bench
i think it was 2003 when he had great year, made plenty of breaks and scored a few tries. i thought 200 was the right time for him to move on but think we missed him more then anyone imagined we would. was great in defence around the ruck and could pass before the line

tiger_nick said:
i think it was 2003 when he had great year, made plenty of breaks and scored a few tries. i thought 200 was the right time for him to move on but think we missed him more then anyone imagined we would. was great in defence around the ruck and could pass before the line

i think that was what the problem was last year the way he used too stop just before the line and do that pass which would set up 2nd phase plays for our halfs it always created a lot of gaps

now days all our forwards do is run up and get tackled theres now variety in our attack anymore

scarcev

Juniors
Callan Pk said:
Of average ability but gave it everything he had every time, great clubman and a top bloke to boot, too bad Sheens f**ked him round, he deserved better.
Will be back when Sheens f**ks off

I agree 'of average ability but gave it everything he had every time, great clubman and a top bloke to boot'

but the rest is a load of sh*t. Sheens got rid of him when he had to, his last season for us was a very stale one and he needed a change (as can be seen by his performances in SL). As for him coming back when Sheens is gone, you are kidding.

gavin

Juniors
scarcev said:
I agree 'of average ability but gave it everything he had every time, great clubman and a top bloke to boot'

but the rest is a load of sh*t. Sheens got rid of him when he had to, his last season for us was a very stale one and he needed a change (as can be seen by his performances in SL). As for him coming back when Sheens is gone, you are kidding.

His performance's for us in SL were 1st class:shock:

Did you see any Rovers games last season?

Mark O'Neil will always have legend status for Hull Kingston Rovers, ask any Robins fan.

crouching_tiger

Juniors
gavin said:

Mark O'Neil will always have legend status for Hull Kingston Rovers, ask any Robins fan.

The best is yet to come...wait until Fitzy World Order runs rampant in Hull and breaks every club record like he did at the WestsTigers. Benny G(also a proud FWO member) will represent with his 1st class fends and his hard nut tackling!!

TFS85

Juniors
crouching_tiger said:
The most deserving Balmain>WT stalwart to hold the NRL Premiership trophy above his head proudly.LOYALTY, HONOUR & PASSION should be inscribed next to his name when he gets inducted to the Balmain Legends Honour Roll. His try during the 2005 finals sends shivers down my spine when i think about it.

Well said !!!

scarcev

Juniors
gavin said:

Mate Ide never bag the bloke and he wasnt going like a busted arse or anything he still had heaps to offer, but I just reckon he got a bit stale after winning a premiership (lifelong dream to do it with a team no doubt he thought he wouldnt ever win one with!!) and needed a change to get back to his best. An absolute champion who wont win you many games but he'll stop you from losing plenty.

hkr-bigleg

Juniors
really enjoyed watching him this year .off the pitch the guy is a totall class act a true gent who had time for everyone good luck to him whatever he does...:)

crouching_tiger said:
The best is yet to come...wait until Fitzy World Order runs rampant in Hull and breaks every club record like he did at the WestsTigers. Benny G(also a proud FWO member) will represent with his 1st class fends and his hard nut tackling!!

Please, he's gone.

The FWO stuff was grating when he was here and taking a first graders spot on the wing, now it's just strange...

Latest posts