What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark O'NEILL

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Buckets would never join a team for a holiday, he will give 100% - isn't a flashy player but will do everything asked of him

He is one of those workhorse backrowers which every side needs but when the reviews are done never gets the recognition he deserves in the public - but his fellow players knows how important he is!

I'm a Rhino's supporter in the ESL and I'm one who is very happy he is heading over there he will add some stability in the forward pack and tighten things up around the ruck for the boys (something that was abit of a problem towards the end of the year)

brook

First Grade
As was said if he isn't capable of giving 100% he never would have signed

He'll be a good pick-up and I'm glad he's found a club :)

simon says

First Grade
I reckon he will carve up over there....everyone has mentioned his toughness,but he is also a very good ball playing forward...before the line.

I reckon that with some extra space that Buckets will come into his own.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
simon says said:
I reckon he will carve up over there....everyone has mentioned his toughness,but he is also a very good ball playing forward...before the line.

I reckon that with some extra space that Buckets will come into his own.

I think you could be right, especially if McGuire runs around him a few gaps and tries will certainly come - thats if that styles will suit Leeds (which it should)

TigerPJM

Juniors
You've got no worries with Buckets, one of those blokes who for a lot of their career could have gone elsewhere for more money and recognition but stayed for loyalty. Our saddest loss for a long time.....

innsaneink

Referee
TigerPJM said:
You've got no worries with Buckets, one of those blokes who for a lot of their career could have gone elsewhere for more money and recognition but stayed for loyalty. Our saddest loss for a long time.....

When did he get bigger offers?

TigerPJM

Juniors
I'm not too sure on the details because obviously he was never that interested in leaving so it didn't go too far, but there was interest last time his contract was negotiated.....

aladinsane

Juniors
Mark will not let down any team that he wears their jersey for.he's a hard working consistent second rower who will prove to be a good pick up.

Apparently they want him to play prop.

um before leeds brought him did they actually watch him first lol hes a great playe but at prop lol hes a workhorse hes not really a guy that will make plenty of metres but he will set up tries and work hes butt of in defense

but prop i dont think so

westie

Bench
When you have blokes like Lauititi playing second row, you don't really need your prop to be breaking the line regularly. Still... I was never the greatest O'Neill fan. Can't understand why Leeds would waste their quota on him.

Edit: I just thought: perhaps Leeds feel they have the talent to win the comp... they just don't have the level head at the business end of the season. A leader with experience may be the key to a trophy.

probids

Juniors
Is he any good?? 1993 to 2005 in the toughest league competition in the world for the one club. That tells me he is not only hard but very loyal. It broke his heart being cut from our club and most likely a great number of our supporters. I personally think he had another 2 years with the tigers but those decisions are easy from the sidelines. He will give you everything he has got and obviously has a point to prove! I would welcome him back with open arms!