What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark O'Neill

braz

Juniors
i loved the bloke at leichardt against manly.

he was in a balmain jersey and when we started losing he was yelling out go back to campbelltown. when we were winning he was jumping up and down yelling go the tigers. it was probably tigger :lol:

the best call though was when reynolds snapped his ankle. this peanut yelled out - "just dig a hole and bury the pr1ck". now that is the type of response you want from a supporter.

super_coach

First Grade
you joint venture knockers are joking-if it wasnt for the joint venture,both clubs would be just a memory---with lots of young ones comming through,we have look forward and stop looking back-the jv has the traditions of 2 great clubs-so get behind them or in a few years we will be suporting our local netball team

westie

Bench
super_coach said:
you joint venture knockers are joking-if it wasnt for the joint venture,both clubs would be just a memory---with lots of young ones comming through,we have look forward and stop looking back-the jv has the traditions of 2 great clubs-so get behind them or in a few years we will be suporting our local netball team

:?

Gobbso

Juniors
tigger said:
Newtown are a good example of a small club in PL that have made a success after being shafted (from memory, Western Suburbs played a big hand in that).

Get your hand off it :roll: Newtown had the opportunity to relocate to Campbelltown before Western Suburbs did, and they knocked it back. The NSW Rugby League board kicked both clubs out, Sir Rick Wayde saved our feathers. I don't understand how you base your judgement upon that. Both were struggling and fighting for survival. The Jets dug their own grave, while the Magpies flew in and set up a new nest at Campbelltown.

Gobbso

Juniors
gr8_1 said:
It's bad enough going to Penrith Stadium and having a bloke behind me in a Balmain jersey singing Wests Tigers sux. Then walking out of the ground and a bunch of d1ckh3ads walking up the street singing balmain songs.... like hellooooooooooooo Balmain werent playing on Friday night.... Panther fans would be thinking what the hell is goin on at the JV ... embaressing ! :roll: Then coming on here and having a fruitloop carrying it on .....

As i was lining up and walking into the ground, i expereinced the same crap you did mate. In my opinion and as said as that may be, for every good Wests Tigers fan, there's 2 friggin' idiots that call themselves supporters, who are doing more harm than good to the Joint-Venture club. Wearing Balmain and Wests Tiger jerseys, they were carrying on like fools. Sh#t like "we're hear to watch the Tigers win, the mighty Balmain Tigers. Balmain to win, F#ck Wests, Just the Tigers" It was embarrasing. And yes Gr8_1, you can only stop and think, what opposition fans must think? :roll:

The negatives of being a Joint-Venture club i suppose. Some fans are still living in the past. I refer to it as jogging on the spot. Move on, get over it, or do us all a favour which is get stuffed and go support the Premier League and lower Grades. Funny thin is, they probably don't even make the effort to get out to the games like loyal fans in Brook, Noah, Tigger, Phil etc do. It's a disgrace.

oro

Juniors
O’Neill makes the big tackles when they need to be made and often covers for the deficiencies of other forwards.

The other not so irrelevant point is that Balmain owns half of the JV. There would be not JV without Balmain (or Wests Ashfield and Campbelltown) and no amount of rewriting of history by JV zealots will change this fact. If either club pulled the pin that would be the end of the JV. Balmain and Wests would survive albeit in first division.

Gobbs’ comment about “living in the past” cannot be so; it is only through “living in the past” that the JV survives. Of course the irony in all of this is Gobb’s photograph of McGuinness; a chapter in the life of the JV which the club I’m sure would like to forget.

simon says

First Grade
Why has all this Balmain v Wests garbage started up again.I thought we had buried this years ago.

On the official site it goes so smoothly.A few weeks here and its Wests this and Balmain that.Its getting to the point when I hear the word Balmain or Magpies Im cringing.

FFS,get over it.Sheesh. #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

oro

Juniors
Of course it goes smoothly on the official site; if you don't toe the party lin you get censored. Or worse still, taken to task by the Alpha dog and pack :(

innsaneink

Referee
Gobbso said:
gr8_1 said:
It's bad enough going to Penrith Stadium and having a bloke behind me in a Balmain jersey singing Wests Tigers sux. Then walking out of the ground and a bunch of d1ckh3ads walking up the street singing balmain songs.... like hellooooooooooooo Balmain werent playing on Friday night.... Panther fans would be thinking what the hell is goin on at the JV ... embaressing ! :roll: Then coming on here and having a fruitloop carrying it on .....

As i was lining up and walking into the ground, i expereinced the same crap you did mate. In my opinion and as said as that may be, for every good Wests Tigers fan, there's 2 friggin' idiots that call themselves supporters, who are doing more harm than good to the Joint-Venture club. Wearing Balmain and Wests Tiger jerseys, they were carrying on like fools. Sh#t like "we're hear to watch the Tigers win, the mighty Balmain Tigers. Balmain to win, F#ck Wests, Just the Tigers" It was embarrasing. And yes Gr8_1, you can only stop and think, what opposition fans must think? :roll:

The negatives of being a Joint-Venture club i suppose. Some fans are still living in the past. I refer to it as jogging on the spot. Move on, get over it, or do us all a favour which is get stuffed and go support the Premier League and lower Grades. Funny thin is, they probably don't even make the effort to get out to the games like loyal fans in Brook, Noah, Tigger, Phil etc do. It's a disgrace.

What are these idiots thinking?
I must admit I dont go to too many away games, but the ones I do go to (Parra, SFS, Telstra, Sharks and brookie occasionally) and the home games I go to I have never heard crap like this.
I see plenty of Balmain jumpers and Magpies jumpers along with Wests Tigers jumpers and thats great. To show what side of the JV your from originally, while cheering on WT's is fine IMO.
But to be seen to be divisive....especially at away game in front of opposition fans is traitorous.
I just realized why its not done at home games....these cowards wouldnt have the balls to do it.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Gobbs champ yes I do make the effort to go to PL, Flegg, Ball and Matts this year and all the other years since the JV has been up and running - for both Balmain and Magpies for the simple fact that I have got over the fact that Balmain will not run around in the top grade and that the guys that do play in those games are the future of the club that I support in the Wests Tigers ;-)

I do know why the Wests vs Balmain has started Simon and thats because of one person accusing someone for just saying that Skando isn't ranked in the top 4 props in NSW ;-)

simon says

First Grade
I hear ya mate.What worried me was how many people jumped in and agreed with him.......thats the scarey bit as far as Im concerned.when I read it,I thought "what a load of rot"that being Brook made a statement abotu Skandy that was pretty fair,and now its a factional war.

From the comments Ive read,it seems to me that there is a lot of pre-existing baggage about a site Ive never even heard of.........

simon says

First Grade
oro said:
innsaneink said:
oro said:
Don't forget who you supported Simon prior to the JV!
Im sure he really needs you to remind him....

Rally the troops!!! :lol:

D!ckhead.

Your attempt at repartee?

Flaccid :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow,there seems to be a lot of feling and name calling going on atm.I think we need to calm down a bit.

Just for the record I know who I supprted before the JV,and Im pretty happy with who I supprt now.To me,Wests Tigers is the new improved Tigers,with 3 clubs and 2 sets of juniors.I am now Wests Tigers 100%,Ive even stopped teasing Gobbs.......

And I just hate to see us all getting snappy at eachother when we are on the same bloody side.

oro

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Gobbso said:
gr8_1 said:

What are these idiots thinking?
I must admit I dont go to too many away games, but the ones I do go to (Parra, SFS, Telstra, Sharks and brookie occasionally) and the home games I go to I have never heard crap like this.
I see plenty of Balmain jumpers and Magpies jumpers along with Wests Tigers jumpers and thats great. To show what side of the JV your from originally, while cheering on WT's is fine IMO.
But to be seen to be divisive....especially at away game in front of opposition fans is traitorous.
I just realized why its not done at home games....these cowards wouldnt have the balls to do it.

Beautiful, so the law according to Innsaneink is you can wear Wests or Balmain jumpers as long as you support WTs.

Presumably, if you support Balmain or Wests but don’t support WTs or, you support a team other than WTs (but wear Wests or Balmain jumpers ) it is not fine.

If this happens, especially at away games in front of opposition fans, you are traitorous.

Innsaneink really gets to the heart of the issue here; at the home grounds of Wests and Balmain, supporters of the clubs (that own WTs) don’t have the balls to support these teams at the expense of WTs.

And the question asked by Innsaneink: What are these idiots thinking?

oro

Juniors
simon says said:
Why has all this Balmain v Wests garbage started up again.I thought we had buried this years ago.

On the official site it goes so smoothly.A few weeks here and its Wests this and Balmain that.Its getting to the point when I hear the word Balmain or Magpies Im cringing.

FFS,get over it.Sheesh. #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Save your oratory for the WT official site.

Balmain or Wests; tradition, foundation clubs and both exist as entities in themselves.

I never cringe when I read about Balmain or Wests in posts. It’s an interesting comment to make Simon.

Do you have to sell your allegiance to become a WT supporter?

innsaneink

Referee
Beautiful, so the law according to Innsaneink is you can wear Wests or Balmain jumpers as long as you support WTs.

Presumably, if you support Balmain or Wests but don’t support WTs or, you support a team other than WTs (but wear Wests or Balmain jumpers ) it is not fine.

If this happens, especially at away games in front of opposition fans, you are traitorous.

Innsaneink really gets to the heart of the issue here; at the home grounds of Wests and Balmain, supporters of the clubs (that own WTs) don’t have the balls to support these teams at the expense of WTs.

And the question asked by Innsaneink: What are these idiots thinking?
Maybe you should read the post again....and read what i was replying to as well......it seems to me that your saying that behaviour such as .......
It's bad enough going to Penrith Stadium and having a bloke behind me in a Balmain jersey singing Wests Tigers sux.
and
Wearing Balmain and Wests Tiger jerseys, they were carrying on like fools. Sh#t like "we're hear to watch the Tigers win, the mighty Balmain Tigers. Balmain to win, F#ck Wests, Just the Tigers"
.....is acceptable.
I was certainly replying I think its not.
What do you think, Oro?

innsaneink

Referee
oro said:
Do you have to sell your allegiance to become a WT supporter?
This sort of attitude really makes me puke....ppl that dont agree with the JV, yet feel the need to denigrate those that do and then they put themselves up on some sort of pedestal as loyal , REAL, supporters and think that they are somehow 'special' :roll:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
simon says said:
I hear ya mate.What worried me was how many people jumped in and agreed with him.......thats the scarey bit as far as Im concerned.when I read it,I thought "what a load of rot"that being Brook made a statement abotu Skandy that was pretty fair,and now its a factional war.

From the comments Ive read,it seems to me that there is a lot of pre-existing baggage about a site Ive never even heard of.........

Mate all it takes is one person to bring it up and things move on from there, you and many others on this forum know how much I have done over the years for the club be it to help out for stats, training, strapping to even small things like not missing a home and away game for over 2yrs and yet I get told to support another code or go look to another club all because I had a diference of opinion to himself :lol: :lol:

I would like to know what how he has helped out the club or how much of a loyal supporter he is :lol: :lol:

Innsaneink I agree with your last post!

Latest posts