What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Riddell and other rumoured signings...

Parraren

Bench
Fitzy's official spokesman, R@y H@dley just suggested that Parramatta have offered Riddell a 3 year deal worth $300k a season and are the 'probable' front runners for his signature. Saints have offered $220k for 2 years and the Sharks have offered $270k for 3 years. Seems as though we are hell bent on getting Riddell to come to Parra which might indicate John Morris possibly being moved into another position next year? 5/8th? Lock? Centre?

There are strong rumours everywhere about Frank Pritchard but another name I keep hearing is Hasem El Masri :shock:

LyonHeart

Juniors
Morris will leave like all our other talented players.
Smith chased Morris for years and lost PJ Marsh doing it.
Now he's after a bloke who resembles his nickname - "Pig".
Riddell won't make many tackles and will do a few runs and then he's off the field.
All that for 300k.

El Masri is useless besides goalkicking.
Firman would be a good buy

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Get your facts right. Brian Smith first chased John Morris at the end of 2001 due to the fact that PJ Marsh had alreadysigned with the Warrriors during the year.

Ridell is a game breker and I think John Morris and Mark would make a great partnership.

Parraren

Bench
:lol: how did Morris have anything to do with PJ Marsh leaving? I think you're getting confused with Brad Drew.

On Riddell, I agree that's alot of money for a player who hasn't played Origin but we will have to pay over the odds to attract quality players, that's the reality. I think he's a fantastic player but everyone has differing opinions. Seriously, how much impact does John Morris have for us out of dummy half? I think he might be accomodated in another position or interchanged with Riddell.

El Masri isn't useless, certainly better than Petersen and his kicking is outstanding.

Firman has alot of 'promise' but he's had 4 season ending injures in a row which is a big concern in both the long and short term.

LyonHeart

Juniors
Morris will spend alot of time on the bench and eventually get frustrated and leave.

We are left in a position we shouldn't be. WHO CARES WHO HE WAS CHASING MORRIS, DYKES. He shouldn't have been chasing any of them,
PJ Marsh should have been resigned before June 30.

Resign your star players first and then with what money you have left chase other "TALENTED" players.

I have never seen a club like Parra to let go of so many talented players,
and PLEASE nobody mention the salary cap because that is garbage.

LyonHeart

Juniors
Why does a club like Parramatta have to pay well over the odds for good players.
Parramatta is one of the biggest clubs, has some of the best setups and facilities.

If this is true about players not wanting to play under Smith, he should go

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Morris like most hookers in the comp doesn't play 80mins anyway. Ridell has also played second row and even front row this year and Morris is one of the best utilityplayers in the league.

Parraren

Bench
LyonHeart, you sound like you're about to slash your wrists mate. Let's try and think positive. How do you know Morris is going to get frustrated and leave? We need to buy some quality players for next year or else we are goooooooorn. Who would you rather see us spend the money on?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Parraren said:
Fitzy's official spokesman, R@y H@dley just suggested that Parramatta have offered Riddell a 3 year deal worth $300k a season and are the 'probable' front runners for his signature. Saints have offered $220k for 2 years and the Sharks have offered $270k for 3 years. Seems as though we are hell bent on getting Riddell to come to Parra which might indicate John Morris possibly being moved into another position next year? 5/8th? Lock? Centre?

There are strong rumours everywhere about Frank Pritchard but another name I keep hearing is Hasem El Masri :shock:

Hey Renny!! where did you here the mail about Hazam??

If he does sign Hurriflatch has offered to burn his jersey as he's mentioned previously, lets see if he does it? ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
LyonHeart said:
Why does a club like Parramatta have to pay well over the odds for good players.
Parramatta is one of the biggest clubs, has some of the best setups and facilities.

If this is true about players not wanting to play under Smith, he should go[/quote

Lyonheart! I've noticed you've racked up a healthy 40 posts!! which is great but you've been talking about has been exhaustered to death over the last few months! you may want to get over it.

LyonHeart

Juniors
Parraren, I'm really frustrated seeing our club slit it's own wrists.
We constantly release better players than we buy.

I'd rather throw 300k at Morrison, after his recent injury I'm not sure though.
Joel Monaghan is a must. Frank Pritchard would also be a good buy.

I don't want Riddell anywhere near our club

Stagger eel

Staff member
LyonHeart said:

You may not have much choice!!....what are you going to do? turn your back on him when he scores a try for us?

Parraren

Bench
LyonHeart said:

Fair enough.

$300k for Morrison. I'll second that! :clap: Top player, I've been praying for us to chase this guy for a few years now but I've got the impression that he wants to do an Orford and wait and see what happens with the Central Coast Bears which is a shame. Imagine 11. Hindmarsh 12. Morrison =P~ I think the club has probably decided to go after Frank Pritchard instead as he's much younger (Morrison is 28 plus the recent serious injury as well) and probably a whole lot cheaper. We'll see what happens.

Monaghan would be a great signing but we'd be competing for his signature with Canberra & Manly. He has his family in Canberra and he has his brother at Manly. We'd have to come up with another very big offer to get him I think. Tahu & Cross are other top centres that we might chase.

If we get Riddell, hopefully he'll make you change your mind about him.

Parraren

Bench
eelavation said:
Hey Renny!! where did you here the mail about Hazam??

If he does sign Hurriflatch has offered to burn his jersey as he's mentioned previously, lets see if he does it? ;-)

A couple of my relations are Bulldog's tragic's and I was asking them about the Utai rumour last week when they told me "No chance" but said El Masri is unlikely to re-sign with the Dogs after the Coff's Harbour affair which he was very disturbed and ashamed by. Apparently Souths & Parramatta are very interested in talking to him after June 30.

I've also seen it mentioned in the Dogs forum on this site and heard callers menion it on the radio since then. Could be just a rumour but it's gaining some momentum that's for sure.

Eels Dude

Coach
Riddell plays what, half the game? 300k for a bloke who plays half a game of football is not a wise move at all. I can't see what they're thinking.

ParraMatt

Bench
Riddell is a great signing Eels Dude, He will play half a game minimum, That half he is on he will create opportunities and run from dummy half alot like a prop which we have been missing since Brad Drew's departure. Bring him i say.

Redback71

First Grade
i think ridell would be a fine purchase but our main priority should be a centre, winger and some one to compliment hindy.

Eels Dude

Coach
I agree he's a very good player, however to waste 300k of the salary cap on a player who only plays one half of football, hasn't played origin or test level football is questionable. There are certain players who are the benchmark of the competition, and deserve that kind of money. There are others who although great players don't deserve that pay, Riddell in my opinion falls into the latter.