What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Riddell and other rumoured signings...

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
images
=
RiddellMark.jpg
!! :clap: :lol: ;-) :D

mickdo

Coach
Eels Dude said:
I agree he's a very good player, however to waste 300k of the salary cap on a player who only plays one half of football, hasn't played origin or test level football is questionable. There are certain players who are the benchmark of the competition, and deserve that kind of money. There are others who although great players don't deserve that pay, Riddell in my opinion falls into the latter.
I think it is a tad high, but to I think his non-rep status is mroe due to Buderus having had a mortgage on the hooker spot for quite some time, relegating Wing to the bench every year.

I think he could play a lot more than half a game with the right preparation, and given his impact on games for Saints with that limited game time, I think that highlights his value.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i don't hate the idea of buying riddell... he kept us in the running for the finals last years with a damn solid game against the broncs... he can be punishing like that every week if his weight is controlled... thats one thing BS can do. when mark tookey played here, smithy kept him at a weight where tooks was good, tooks went to nz and couldn't stay under playing weight.

bring back tooks!

half

Coach
you can keep a fatty under control for one season but soon the lure of a crunchie becomes too much

riddell is good, but not 300k good!

damo72

Juniors
Morrison wants a 3 year deal and will be fit by semi final time this year and would be great for the club, Parramatta firstly offered Riddell a 4 year deal which is what Riddell wanted but withdrew that and then offered a 3 year deal, still think we should work on retaining who we want prior to June 30 then see what we have to spend instead of going out and offering all these players huge amounts then finding out we cannot afford to keep Tim Smith or someone like him.

Latest posts