What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Sawicki

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I thought that was one of the 3 roles Haran was covering the last couple of years and more importantly the main one he was hired for. Anyone know what Haran's role is at the club now in 2024?

redVinme

Bench
Anyone know what Haran's role is at the club now in 2024?

He is the Jack of all trades & master of none!!

This bloke is the common denominator in our abysmal 13 years of crap. 3 coaches sacked & this bloke seems untouchable.
Bunch of weak operators aren't they. We wonder why they can never sign anyone. Not one of them has the ruthless streak needed to be continually successful. Instead of managing and then sacking the problem they just shuffle shuffle shuffle so they don't need to make the hard choice.

The blokes are all too close and it impacts the decision making at every level.

Dragon David

First Grade
Anyone know what Haran's role is at the club now in 2024?

He is the Jack of all trades & master of none!!

This bloke is the common denominator in our abysmal 13 years of crap. 3 coaches sacked & this bloke seems untouchable.
Haran is the General Manager of Football at the Dragons.

I was hoping that with the changes to head coach and assistants, that the club would have appointed someone like Shane Richardson as the GM and turfed Haran because of this article (not able to give any more details as it is behind the " pay wall") - https://www.theaustralian.com.au/su...OUPA-Segment-1-NOSCORE&V21spcbehaviour=append

Haran is the guy that in our opinion should be shunted out of the Dragons.

randomdragon

Juniors
Haran is the chief operating cock sucker. Just kidding, he is still head of football however these days he is just a pen pusher. Doesn’t have much say in anything just does flanos dirty work for him, that’s why you never see his name on articles anymore

RedVee

First Grade
On the positive side… Lancaster said (words to the effect of) that now the balance sheet was positive they’d fill some of the staff positions where they had people doing 2 and 3 jobs to save money on salaries.

Maybe it’s happening,

lombard

Juniors
Haran is the chief operating cock sucker. Just kidding, he is still head of football however these days he is just a pen pusher. Doesn’t have much say in anything just does flanos dirty work for him, that’s why you never see his name on articles anymore
There was a rumour I thought that Haran had a contract for 2024 so they kept him on and moved him sideways but that from 2025 he could be gone. Would fit the dragons way of not wanting to pay him out. Then again he will likely get a 5 year extension 😂

Dragon David

First Grade
Millard the ex-Dogs guy I thought was now in charge of recruitment but god knows what happens behind closed doors at Saints. It could be the canteen lady looking after recruitment for all we know.
Our recruitment has been poor. If Flanno can get the best out of what we have and the new ones that have been signed up, then that is all I can ask for and if he can get a massive improvement with the results with these players, he will be a hero and worth every cent and could be our coach for many years. On the other hand if we end up waaaaaay down the ladder, it will be ugly business as effin' usual.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
In terms of recruitment, if the Couchman boys and some of the other juniors coming up have big years they could then be upgraded so Saints may not need to bring in too many from other NRL sides. It is good they have that money on the side for upgrades. Saints need to follow the Panthers/Bronco's model and rely on juniors and if there is one team that can it is Saints with their nursery of juniors.

I think Liddle needs a big season ahead of him as that is the position that Saints are skinny on now seeing Kyle Flanno is now in the halves. That should be Saints priority if Liddle fails for 2025. But I have a feeling Liddle will have a breakout year and get an upgrade. He started well last year until Hook stopped using him as much for Mbye. Flanno will get the best out of him for sure.

Dragon David

First Grade
In terms of recruitment, if the Couchman boys and some of the other juniors coming up have big years they could then be upgraded so Saints may not need to bring in too many from other NRL sides. It is good they have that money on the side for upgrades. Saints need to follow the Panthers/Bronco's model and rely on juniors and if there is one team that can it is Saints with their nursery of juniors.

I think Liddle needs a big season ahead of him as that is the position that Saints are skinny on now seeing Kyle Flanno is now in the halves. That should be Saints priority if Liddle fails for 2025. But I have a feeling Liddle will have a breakout year and get an upgrade. He started well last year until Hook stopped using him as much for Mbye. Flanno will get the best out of him for sure.
Yes, talk on Liddle has been quiet and in general of the players so it would be good if a player dossier or something similar could be provided by the club on how each player is acquitting of himself at training and his current condition - bill of health. I think that Liddle, Hunt and Kyle will be involved quite a lot throughout games. Liddle to direct where the play would go and Hunt and young Flanno promoting the ball. Hopefully we can have a speedy winger say on the left hand side so that we have the half running the ball to the left to an on coming fullback making the extra man and then the pass to the centre then winger to speed to the line for a try - just like we had the Hornby, Boyd, Cooper and BMorris combo.

The real issue comes with the forwards who will have to be our dominant guys in defence. If we can have stronger defence than last year, we will win more games I feel 100%.

Old Timer

Coach
In
Yes, talk on Liddle has been quiet and in general of the players so it would be good if a player dossier or something similar could be provided by the club on how each player is acquitting of himself at training and his current condition - bill of health. I think that Liddle, Hunt and Kyle will be involved quite a lot throughout games. Liddle to direct where the play would go and Hunt and young Flanno promoting the ball. Hopefully we can have a speedy winger say on the left hand side so that we have the half running the ball to the left to an on coming fullback making the extra man and then the pass to the centre then winger to speed to the line for a try - just like we had the Hornby, Boyd, Cooper and BMorris combo.

The real issue comes with the forwards who will have to be our dominant guys in defence. If we can have stronger defence than last year, we will win more games I feel 100%.
If you can’t attack and score points from
different parts of the paddock then you will struggle big time to defend a win.

You need strike power to improve your chances of winning games.

Whilst the defence at times is poor the attack generally is abysmal

Dragon David

First Grade
In

If you can’t attack and score points from
different parts of the paddock then you will struggle big time to defend a win.

You need strike power to improve your chances of winning games.

Whilst the defence at times is poor the attack generally is abysmal
Exactly - no use just defending when you don't have any points to defend. I agree that our attack has been abysmal for a few years. Hopefully if our players become better in the head and not dunces and be fitter to play the full 80 minutes right out, it should be an improvement for our winning prospects provided we can defend and attack much better.