What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marmin Barba signs with Titans

Basque Eel

Juniors
Another one bites the dust!!!! Fox sports have reported that Barba has been released and has signed with the Titans for 2 years. What is going on with our club..wasn't he meant to be our NEXT BIG THING!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
*sigh*..

I believe he won't be ready play until 2014 due to a second knee op and even that might be long shot...

Barba tore his ACL 10 metres from where I was sitting after it buckled underneath him..the guy who tackled him from behind was another outside back who was about 50kgs wringing wet...

bartman

Immortal
Unexpected. Oh well.

Maybe the release was a part of the endeavours to try and fit Izzy under the cap?

hindy111

Post Whore
At fullback we have
Hayne who is 24 or hoppa who will be 21 and mullaney who is about 22
at halfback we have sandow who is 23
at 5/8 there is kelly who is 23.
All young better and more established players than MARMIN
I would loose any sleep over it cause if he stayed one of them had to go-tom humble anyone??

strider

Post Whore
At fullback we have
Hayne who is 24 or hoppa who will be 21 and mullaney who is about 22
at halfback we have sandow who is 23
at 5/8 there is kelly who is 23.
All young better and more established players than MARMIN
I would loose any sleep over it cause if he stayed one of them had to go-tom humble anyone??

don't worry - it's not worth losing sleep over

Rogue.9

Juniors
The Gold Coast Titans sign Marmin Barba in a boost to their halves combination
587696-marmin-barba.jpg

Marmin Barba has been signed by the Gold Coast Titans. Picture: Simon Bullard Source: The Daily Telegraph

BEN Barba's younger brother Marmin has been snapped up by the Gold Coast Titans who view him as a potential solution to their lack of depth in the halves.

Marmin, 21, was granted a release from the Parramatta Eels recently and joined the Titans at training in Robina this morning.
Born and raised in Mackay, Marmin was reportedly desperate to sign with a Queensland based team this year because he felt homesick living in Sydney.
He is a fullback or five eighth who is not quite as fast as older brother Ben but is rated a better play-maker.
In 2010 he was diagnosed with lymphoma cancer in his groin and thought his league career was finished, before bravely overcoming the adversity.
Marmin then missed all of last season with an ACL injury which came just as many at the Eels predicted 2012 would be his breakout year.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/th...lves-combination/story-fndujljl-1226533587713