What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maroons' Taylor To Prove Point If Cut

Angela Habashy AAP Thu, Jun 28, 2012 - 11:42 AM

South Sydney lock Ben Lowe says besieged Queensland forward Dave Taylor will be looking to prove a point in the Rabbitohs NRL clash with Penrith on Sunday if he is axed from the Maroons squad.

Taylor faces being cut from Queensland's 20-man squad for next Wednesday's State of Origin decider after his his error-riddled effort in their 16-12 game-two loss to NSW.

Brisbane utility Ben Te'o is shaping as a likely addition to the Queensland bench after coach Mal Meninga admitted the uncapped Maroon would add much-needed aggression to the side.

Meninga also confirmed Te'o's Broncos' teammate Corey Parker would be a certain starter, leaving Taylor in the firing line after his below-par Origin II performance.

Lowe said that while he hopes Taylor is included in the Maroons 17, he would welcome the 122kg wrecking ball back into the Souths side for this weekend's Panthers match.

"Hopefully for his sake he gets a go. I spoke with him personally and he was disappointed with that second game," Lowe said.

"But it would always be good to get Dave back, he's handy and he's a good presence on the footy field the big bloke.

"He'd be frustrated for sure, but he'd come back and do his job and ... come out to try to prove a point this weekend."

Souths coach Michael Maguire said he had yet to hear any word on whether he would have Taylor at his disposal for the Panthers clash and is just "preparing as though Dave won't be here."

But while Meninga is aiming to inform clubs as soon as possible about their available players, Maguire says he'll still have Taylor on the field on Sunday even if he rejoins the side as late as that day.

"Knowing Dave, for his sake I hope he does get selected, but if he does end up coming back I'm sure he'll be focused on making sure he does well for the team," Maguire said.

"We all know what Dave can do so if it came right down to Sunday, I'd put Dave in - he's a very capable player."

Source: http://www.nrl.com/maroons-taylor-to...medium=twitter

innerwestrabbit

Juniors
Bad move by the maroons. Great news for us if true. Honestly think the blues will win this game pretty easily. Our forward pack looks a lot better than there's. We have hammered them in the forwards in the first two game. With T-Rex back I can see a big win coming.

Fingers crossed GI comes through unscathed, I would give him next game off, freshen him up for the next 10 weeks. Bit of a gamble, but need to think long term

Zigwaa

Bench
Good news for queensland too..

I disagree jerkface, it's good news for NSW.

Taylor wasn't the only one who stunk it up for QLD in game 2. Gillett was a passenger, Asley Harrison was very ordinary, Parker did nothing (i realise he was injured). Taylor gets heavily criticised any time he doesn't have a blinder, pretty unfair on the bloke.

PS Jerkface - try responding intelligently, instead of cracking un-funny Dad jokes or google image searching a picture that's not funny either.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I disagree jerkface, it's good news for NSW.

Taylor wasn't the only one who stunk it up for QLD in game 2. Gillett was a passenger, Asley Harrison was very ordinary, Parker did nothing (i realise he was injured). Taylor gets heavily criticised any time he doesn't have a blinder, pretty unfair on the bloke.

PS Jerkface - try responding intelligently, instead of cracking un-funny Dad jokes or google image searching a picture that's not funny either.

Now come on jerkface, I am actually responding intelligently.. as a Queensland fan I thought that Taylor and Harrison were our worst performers on the nite, so his exclusion is good for us..

Roast-chicken-006.jpg

innerwestrabbit

Juniors
Queensland had three poor performers in the backrow, Taylor, Harrison and Gillette. I would have stuck with Taylor, he at the very least offers something different. Gillette has been man handled over the last month. I think he is lucky to be playing in the broncos team at the moment. I suspect that NSW dominance in the forwards will be even greater in Game 3.

Noa

First Grade
Imo the biggest test of Dave' career today and he passed with flying colours.

Now if only he'd play prop.

DC_fan

Coach
Taylor did play well today. But as has been mentioned we were playing a poor Penrith team. Let's see how he performs against top notch opposition.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Top notch opposition? We only have arguably 1 or 2 of those left this year (before the finals).

Latest posts