What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marsh Sheffield Shield 2019/2020

Incorrect

Coach
He just doesn’t have enough pace for international cricket. Maybe in England or India, but in most of the world he’d be smashed.

but as you say, been very good for NSW.
Agreed. And any ambitions he harbored for a recall to the international side as part of the Ashes series just gone were surely dashed when he chose to put commentary/Analyst duties for Channel 7 last summer ahead of playing Shield cricket. He said in the lead up to last summer he fancied himself a smoky for the Ashes squad, but then sat out Shield games... Weird. Probably has a media career ahead of an international cricket career as the priority now I guess.

Agreed. And any ambitions he harbored for a recall to the international side as part of the Ashes series just gone were surely dashed when he chose to put commentary/Analyst duties for Channel 7 last summer ahead of playing Shield cricket. He said in the lead up to last summer he fancied himself a smoky for the Ashes squad, but then sat out Shield games... Weird. Probably has a media career ahead of an international cricket career as the priority now I guess.

I was disappointed he decided to do that & that NSW allowed him. The team must come before other work commitments.

King hit

Coach
Abbott is hit and miss but Copeland has pretty much kept the Blues competitive on his own with the ball, and sometimes the bat, in recent seasons when we've had players away on national duty. Very good 1st class cricketer, just never quite able to take that step in to the international arena...
Copeland didn’t go to badly in test cricket from memory

Incorrect

Coach
Picked a really good day to go to the shield, started slow but Henriques innings really made the day. Also good to see Steve Smith score a ton.
Kudos for getting out there and having a look HH08. Well done. A lot worse spots to watch cricket, and some good options for lunch up the road....

TIGER14

Bench
Drummoyne Oval is a great venue for State Cricket. Should be more of it. I live nearby so went down and going back tomorrow.

Blues looking good.
Warner is an embarrassment.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Hopefully couple other guys get going and get some decent scores and put pressure on Warner to be dropped (not scores from that dreadful MCG deck)

Warner has 2 Shield games left and 2 Marsh cup matches before the 1st test on 21/11, though probably wont play in the Marsh cup matches

23/10 v Tas - MARSH CUP
1/11 v SA in Adelaide - Shield
11/11 v WA in Sydney -Shield
17/11 v Vic - MARSH CUP

Hopefully couple other guys get going and get some decent scores and put pressure on Warner to be dropped (not scores from that dreadful MCG deck)

Warner has 2 Shield games left and 2 Marsh cup matches before the 1st test on 21/11, though probably wont play in the Marsh cup matches

23/10 v Tas - MARSH CUP
1/11 v SA in Adelaide - Shield
11/11 v WA in Sydney -Shield
17/11 v Vic - MARSH CUP

He won’t play in round 3 of the shield, he’s in the T20 squad. And the test squad might be selected before round 4. Only 5 days between the end of round 4 and the first test.

jargan83

Coach
Warner scored a 100 against Qld, I’m not saying it’s right but he’s probably already in the Test squad off the back of that.

TheParraboy

Staff member
He won’t play in round 3 of the shield, he’s in the T20 squad. And the test squad might be selected before round 4. Only 5 days between the end of round 4 and the first test.

Forgot about these T20is coming up, in amongst Shield cricket and the One day domestic comp
I cant remember the scheduling being all over the shop before our first test of the summer. Dogs breakfast