What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

marshall and fulton to open the batting

Marshall, Fulton To Open Batting

NewstalkZB
Peter Fulton and Hamish Marshall will open the batting for New Zealand in the first cricket test against South Africa in Centurion starting Saturday night.

Michael Papps, Jamie How and Jeetan Patel have been left out of the squad, with Kyle Mills in the 12 as cover for Shane Bond, who is struggling with a knee injury.

The full side is Marshall, Fulton, Fleming, Astle, Styris, Oram, McCullum, Vettori, Franklin, Bond, Martin and Mills.
source: http://xtramsn.co.nz/sport/0,,12026-5653889,00.html

geesh i guess marshall gave bracewell some more action last night.

sinclair was pretty funny on the radio yesterday called warne a dick and helen clark a man. mentioned that when he was runner for daniel vettori, warne was sledging sinclair.

Iafeta

Referee
I thought it was fairly inevitable that Peter and Hamish would be the openers.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Jeez that is SHOCKING figures for a opener and he has played the WINDIES at home! I don't know NZ cricket very well but surely it is time for a change!

lockyno1 said:
Jeez that is SHOCKING figures for a opener and he has played the WINDIES at home! I don't know NZ cricket very well but surely it is time for a change!

those stats are not all opening only the last four i think?

aussies1st said:
Why aren't you guys trying out Taylor? He seems to be a real talent.

the are just concentrating with the one day game. their is a thought with the bashers like taylor that they don't have the disclipine to bat in the longer version. hehe he has a strike rate of 74 in the 4 day comp.

aussies1st

Staff member
Obviously because Lou Vincent isn't in the side. He may have been a basher but hes done better than any of the current openers you guys have been putting out.

JJ

Immortal
Boock in the Herald today suggests that Charlesworth might be behind some of the bizarre selections...

Bottom line is, every opener in Nz cricket is crap!!! How is ordinary, Papps plainly cannot handle short pitched bowling, Cumming, J Marshall, Horsely, McIntosh etc etc etc do not look test class.

Selectors were also determined to get Oram in, and dropping Styris would have been certifiable... So, converted middle order players it will be. Hope Fulton doesn't get dicked around too much, he's a real talent

edabomb

First Grade
This continual selection of Marshall is reminiscent of McMillan a year or two back. SA pitches will suit his game though > backfoot.

Master Vippo

Juniors
Flemming, Astle and McCullem wil make the runs, if Bond stays fit, NZ will probly win. Vettori will have a bit to say too.

JJ

Immortal
Bond's out, which is a big blow

But the side looks strong IMO - I know Marshall's been struggling, but to me How and Papps are nuffies, while Marshall's doemestic record suggests he's more a nuffy, at least he has done well in tests in the past

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
South Africa v New Zealand, 1st Test, Centurion Park

Bond ruled out of first Test

Cricinfo staff

April 15, 2006

Shane Bond will have to watch the action from the sidelines © Getty Images

Shane Bond, the New Zealand fast bowler, has been ruled out of the first Test against South Africa with a knee injury.

Bond has a painful inflammation on the outside of the right knee, an injury he has previously and which surfaced again in the warm-up match at Benoni. "He hasnt responded to treatment as we would have liked," Black Caps manager Lindsay Crocker said. "He will have an MRI scan this weekend to determine the extent of the inflammation and therefore the best course of management. Only then will we be able to gauge the likelihood of his availability for the second Test."

Kyle Mills will take his place in the starting XI, as he did during thesecond Test of the recent series against the West Indies.

Graeme Smith, South Africa's captain, was also doubtful for the clash, owing to an injury to his ring finger, but, after two net sessions on Friday, he was confident of making the cut.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/244403.html

of all the players you need him the most imo, he makes such a big difference

Latest posts