What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marshall On Track For Round 4

brook

First Grade
Five-eighth Benji Marshall could well be back for the Wests Tigers in round four of the NRL Telstra Premiership.

Marshall suffered a cheekbone injury in the round one victory over St George-Illawarra at Telstra Stadium and was expected to be sidelined for up to six weeks.

"Benji has made a better than expected recovery and is a chance of playing the Melbourne Storm at Leichhardt Oval in round four,'' said Wests Tigers recruitment manager Warren McDonnell.

Meanwhile Marshall made his debut as a commentator for Channel Nine during last Friday's coverage of the Bulldogs and Wests Tigers game. Marshall said he enjoyed the experience of being a part of the call but found it tough sitting on the sidelines watching his team-mates do battle.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/teamnews.php

I think thats the best news we could have got at the moment! Dene appears to be due back next week as well :)

Young Elias

Juniors
Best news I've heard since he made it back aerly for round 1. Heignington and Elford back that week too I think.

colonel_123

Juniors
Young Elias said:
Best news I've heard since he made it back aerly for round 1. Heignington and Elford back that week too I think.

Elford could have a bit of trouble forcing his way in with Collis and Crockett in good form.

Young Elias

Juniors
He just has an aversion to sidelines. So should Elford automatically get his spot back then? Collis did look good in a losing side against the Doggies.
Interesting decision for Sheens to make.

brook

First Grade
Young Elias said:
He just has an aversion to sidelines. So should Elford automatically get his spot back then? Collis did look good in a losing side against the Doggies.
Interesting decision for Sheens to make.

I hope not, Collis doesn't deserve to lose his spot and imo has potential WAY beyond Elfords

DeeGan

Bench
Great news for all rugby league fans and saves me from posting a thread asking about his return :D The sooner the better, as long as he is not risking injury by coming back early. Look forward to the return.

Nightstalker

Juniors
Hasnt Elford played at lock or something in the past? I cant remember....

The reason why I ask is because I remember you could put Elford in the forwards somewhere in the Virtual NRL game :)

I was thinking if he is able to play at lock, Lolesi could go back to the wing.

brook

First Grade
Nightstalker said:
Hasnt Elford played at lock or something in the past? I cant remember....

The reason why I ask is because I remember you could put Elford in the forwards somewhere in the Virtual NRL game :)

I was thinking if he is able to play at lock, Lolesi could go back to the wing.

If Halatau is back Lolesi wont be needed at lock anyway, Harrison could also fill in with no probs once he gets some game time under his belt.

Young Elias

Juniors
Elford off the bench is a nice idea.

Benji still not confirmed for Sunday against the storm. I reckon let him recover more and risk getting done by the Storm. They're our bogey team anyway.

Harrison was one of our only bright spots in the forwards from the Warriors game. He deserves a run against Storm.

MONY

Juniors
arrghhhh dogs wallop....... hope Benji isnt back...for my sake anyway :) should be a fierce game given both sides were well beaten last round..

Young Elias said:
Elford off the bench is a nice idea.

Benji still not confirmed for Sunday against the storm. I reckon let him recover more and risk getting done by the Storm. They're our bogey team anyway.

Harrison was one of our only bright spots in the forwards from the Warriors game. He deserves a run against Storm.

Harrison was easily brushed off in defence and he was contiually driven back in attack. Pretty average game IMO

His capabilities are unquestionable but he needs to bring his talents to fruition.

mightydragon

Juniors
BENJI'S BACK FOR STORM CLASH

Benji Marshall has been named at five-eighth for the clash against the Melbourne Storm at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday, April 2, in round 4 of the Telstra Premiership.

Marshall has been cleared of a cheekbone injury after the original diagnosis saw him expected to be sidelined for six weeks.

The match also is the 500th game as a coach for Tim Sheens.

1: Brett Hodgson (c)
2: Daniel Fitzhenry
3: Dean Collis
4: Paul Whatuira
5: Shane Elford
6: Benji Marshall
7: Scott Prince
8: Bryce Gibbs
9: Stuart Flanagan
10: Todd Payten
11: Anthony Laffranchi
12: Ben Galea
13: Jamaal Lolesi

14: Isaac De Gois
15: Chris Heighington
16: John Skandalis
17: Ryan O'Hara
18: Ben Reynolds

Casualty Ward
Dene Halatau (shoulder, rd 7)
Robbie Farah (hand, rd 9)
Liam Fulton (shoulder, season)

Courtesy Wests Tigers site

MONY

Juniors
hhmmm strong lineup except for a few things imo..... Flanagan and De Gois didnt impress me last week..... Lolesi out of lock.... Payten to bench and Skando to start....... hey just my opinion anyway

Cheers, should be a cracker if both teams turn up to play..... dont have a good record at Leichardt

WestsRobbo

Juniors
Young Elias said:

What game did you watch?

Harrison was pitiful in defence, 8 mistackles in 38 mins!!!! :roll:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
MONY said:
hhmmm strong lineup except for a few things imo..... Flanagan and De Gois didnt impress me last week..... Lolesi out of lock.... Payten to bench and Skando to start....... hey just my opinion anyway

Cheers, should be a cracker if both teams turn up to play..... dont have a good record at Leichardt

Flanagan changed our total go forward, until he came onto the field we were lucky to make 10 meters - he impressed me for a kid who has only played 1 PL game and is only 18 and made his NRL debut without a full pre-season of high level NRL training behind his belt for round 3

Sheens 500th coaching game and Benji returning is sure to put a different mindset on all the players compared to what they have had against the Bulldogs and Warriors

If we hold the pill I am confident we will win, if we don't like the last 2 weeks, against a very good backline the Storm has we could lose by more than 40 - we can't afford to play a 70-30% possesion game for a 3rd week running

Young Elias

Juniors
I stand corrected on Harrison then, I was making a rash call on one or two nice runs. Didn't notice his poor defence.

I though Flanagan was great, provided some spark.