What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frederick

Staff member
Netflix has now cancelled Daredevil...................

What the actual f**k are they doing???

shiznit

Coach
Netflix has now cancelled Daredevil...................

What the actual f**k are they doing???
It’ll be to do with rights...

Disney are launching a streaming service next year which will be a direct competitor to Netflix.

The thought is that Netflix don’t want to help build the brand of a competitors license.

It sucks IMO... because even if Disney+ picks it up... they will turn it PG-13...

What made these series great was the grittyness...

Frederick

Staff member
It’ll be to do with rights...

Disney are launching a streaming service next year which will be a direct competitor to Netflix.

The thought is that Netflix don’t want to help build the brand of a competitors license.

It sucks IMO... because even if Disney+ picks it up... they will turn it PG-13...

What made these series great was the grittyness...
Apparently Disney own Hulu too(?) so maybe stuff like DD will end up on there?

shiznit

Coach
Apparently Disney own Hulu too(?) so maybe stuff like DD will end up on there?
I hope so....

But does Hulu have exclusive content?? For some reason I always thought it was kinda like an on demand streaming service for the big studios to show all their content which they have already aired on TV.

Like some sort of on demand replay service that shows content for all the major studios.

I didn’t think Hulu created original content... my understanding of it was that it would need to be aired on a Disney channel like Abc and then it would be available on demand on Hulu.

I’ve never actually used Hulu so I’m not sure what it is...

Mind you... Disney did just buy Fox... which would include FX... FX would be a nice fit for them...

shiznit

Coach
10 episodes deep into the punisher season 2...

Not sure how I feel about it.

Not as good as the first... but maaan this dude can play Frank Castle.

Reactions: PJ

shiznit

Coach
Finished The Punisher season 2.

Overall I liked it... better than most of these series... but not as good as the first IMO...

The action scenes are brilliant as always... Bernthall kinda reminds me of a more rugged version of John Wick. Just merks motherf**kers left and right.... :joy::joy:

The story though was abit of a let down... the first season was great because it had this conspiracy type story that started strong... progressed a little slowly but ended super strong....

This story was abit odd... it actually started really well... it was compelling and it went really quick and before you knew it you were 3-4 episodes in... then like a lot of these series it went through a slow period with a lot of ‘filler’ type episodes... the big problem is the end wasn’t anywhere near as good as season 1.

This season just dragged on and on for about 7 episodes until the last one where it feels like they pretty much wrap up the story in 20mins.

Then there’s the actual story... they have 2 plots kind of going parallel to each other where they really don’t do each one justice... and they kinda fizzle out.

It would have made more sense to concentrate on 1 story or even have both plots converge into 1 story to have 1 large finale.

All in all it was a good season... just could have been much better after last season imo...

PJ

First Grade
Still working through this but pretty much summed up the Marvel (and many other) series kn Netflix.

Some suits decide a series has to be x amount of episodes. Then they strecth them to fit.

Much rather they came up with the story and it is as long as it needs to be.