What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maskirovka The art of Deception

ruthless dragon

Juniors
Yo ya mugs! call this clutching at straws ( oh they are banned!) or whatever you wish to call our situation, hope , delusion etc..
I am an avid military student and chess player so I am right into tactics and strategy

Theatricality and deception can make a TEAM — or a country — appear to be much more than they really are in the mind of an opponent.
The word means “masking,” and it’s a fitting name for a tactic that depends entirely on misrepresentation.

This will probably make me a laughing stock...much like our Dragons at the moment.

How possible is it that we are out foxing the foxes?
Is Mcnut the ultimate con artist?
Could Mcgregor be the strategist we all hope he is?

Let it be so and the Finals show what we are truly capable of:p

Dracarys

Juniors
Those pesky Russians and their theatricality! I seriously hope you’re on to something because if you’re not we’re MacF@rked.

Last edited:

Dragsters

First Grade
Yo ya mugs! call this clutching at straws ( oh they are banned!) or whatever you wish to call our situation, hope , delusion etc..
I am an avid military student and chess player so I am right into tactics and strategy

Theatricality and deception can make a TEAM — or a country — appear to be much more than they really are in the mind of an opponent.
The word means “masking,” and it’s a fitting name for a tactic that depends entirely on misrepresentation.

This will probably make me a laughing stock...much like our Dragons at the moment.

I'm not at all religious but at this point, what else do we have to cling to but blind faith?

That very faith that the players appear to have that they've "got this" and it's all part of the master plan to get to the finals and then it's "a whole new competition."

If we are to indeed believe, then as the rabbits showed, after 3 straight defeats, now is the time to click back into gear.

Time to shine...

ALSGI

Bench

You’re a genius mate.
I just knew we couldn’t be this bad, but I couldn’t put my finger on it.
He’s McMagnificent after all.

Yes he is a con artist...

More of a prolonged charade than any mask.

No he is not a strategist in any form.. Plan A... that is it.

I do think Plan A will be good enough today though.

Theflamingo

Juniors
I like your thinking. Maybe that's why he let Melbourne put 50 on us - no team has ever won the premiership after having 50 put on them. Also, maybe that's why we've dropped out of the 4 - no-one's ever won the premiership from outside the top 4.
It could be the greatest "spider and the fly" situation the rugby league world has ever seen.
Oh, if only all that was true!;)

If it was Bennet I would say your theory could have some substance but I have seen no sign of cleverness or cunning deception in nearly 5 years from McGregor.
He rarely wins games because he is a better tactician than his opposite number.
Nevertheless stranger things have happened and any turnaround in our fortunes would be most welcome.

:)) Please post your address asap.

I will have the psychiatric assessment team at your front door before you can count to 10

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I remember reading the Russians in WW2 building bridges below water level so they couldn't get picked up by German surveillance planes. Allowed them to build up troop numbers in strategic areas before attacking en masse and walloping the hapless Germans.

If this is/was MacGregors strategy, then I expect strapping a pillow to DeBelin's hip, and staging a fake fight between James Graham and Dufty is all part of the deception.

boardlumps62

Juniors
This bloke has stolen my thoughts but im too weak to put it out there. Yes this is a smoke screen a delusion how we are being flogged recently oh last 2 months to trick all the great coaches in NRL. At around 1630hrs we will know how smart McGregor really is.

ViceVersa

Juniors

"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

– Sun Tzu, the Art of War

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

– Sun Tzu, the Art of War

That sounds like us, except the "crush him" part.

Warabrook saint

Juniors

Bahaahaha this is better than self medication :joy::joy::joy:

Old Timer

Coach

If Mc Fookknuckle plays chess while everyone else plays e4 he plays a3
Then to top it off he makes sure he is 100% zoogswanged by move12 just like he does coaching our footy team.

Latest posts