What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mason gets owned

Stranger

Coach
Looks pretty even to me actually.

And you can see his first victim getting up slowly in the background :lol:

WJ

Juniors
Stranger said:
Looks pretty even to me actually.

And you can see his first victim getting up slowly in the background :lol:

It was even............

Until mason fell to the floor like a ragg doll.

willvillain

Juniors
The saddest thing is Luke O'Donnell charging in to protect Willie from big bad Sean Long.

I didn't see the point in that.

Mason got Fielden good. You can see on his face that it was a sweet (cheap) shot. When Mason is hit he looks more like he has just tripped over his own feet more than being smacked by Peacock.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
What is with insisting it was a cheap shot. They were square on, Glassie grabbed Willie by the collar and had his right arm cocked, it was just Willie got him first. As I've said before, if Glassie was made of sterner stuff and landed a few of his own, as Peacock did, nobody would be saying anything about a cheap shot.

WJ

Juniors
Tiger Hawk said:
What is with insisting it was a cheap shot. They were square on, Glassie grabbed Willie by the collar and had his right arm cocked, it was just Willie got him first. As I've said before, if Glassie was made of sterner stuff and landed a few of his own, as Peacock did, nobody would be saying anything about a cheap shot.

Spot on that.

And mason shouldn't have been banned for it.

He should have been banned for his hit on long however, now that was a cheap shot from the merkin.

So in the end justice done.

ByRd

First Grade
Exactly, if Feilden doesnt drop and they both start throwing punches then noone would be saying anything and people would be saying it was good to see a fight. Mason just got him sweet and put him down in one shot and now there is all Cheap shot this and that loll they were facing eachother and Fielden knew what could happen but as he thinks his so intimidating he didnt think anyone would do anything but enter.....BIG WILLIE :D

nadera78

Juniors
You know, the odd thing is that Fielden is a big, tough front row, but no-one over here would actually consider him to be a fighter. From the GB team that played on saturday a fair few of his teammates would beat him in a punch up; Peacok, Morley, Newton, Hock, Senior would all see him off fairly easily. Even Yeaman (not the biggest but very very strong) might give him a run for his money.

Quite funny really.

miccle

Bench
nadera78 said:
You know, the odd thing is that Fielden is a big, tough front row, but no-one over here would actually consider him to be a fighter. From the GB team that played on saturday a fair few of his teammates would beat him in a punch up; Peacok, Morley, Newton, Hock, Senior would all see him off fairly easily. Even Yeaman (not the biggest but very very strong) might give him a run for his money.

Quite funny really.

Ditto Petero and Webcke for the Broncos, but they were still arguably the best prop pairing of the past 6 years.

adamkungl

Immortal
O'Donnell was saving Long from Mason...
1 match ban, wtf. If you can't hit a pom then who can you hit?

Micistm

Bench
The hit on Mason by Kidwell will be repeated on Kiwi VCRs for a long long time. So will the ****ing big sook's whinging about 'cheap' shot, followed by his antics vs GB and his banning.
Take that you hypocritical tosser. Both the Kiwis & GB are chomping to get to the final to see their friend Mason again. Is he going to get a welcome.

>zuzu<

Juniors
To be honest, it sets up for a better Final.

GB will be in the final in my opinion. Odds are stacked to heavily against NZ. But then again, they were also stacked against them in the Tri Nations final last year. Should be interesting..

borntoride

Juniors
Firstly, great game for the GB team, beating the aussies on there home turf. Mason had a really poor game by his standards. I'm not sure why he expects to get away with breaking the rules, maybe he thinks the jury will be sympathetic after he kopped a big hit from Kidwell, which he seems to think was a cheap shot, i didn't see anything wrong with what Kidwell did to be honest, Although he does seem to have brain explosions and give away his fair share of penalties. Willie didn't fair too well against Peacock. For my money the big hits are far more entertaining (not the late head high hits on fullbacks though). Mason's growing reputation as one of the games troublemaker's is not going to keep him a place in the team ( cue cringe from Ricky Stuart). All this talk of technically superior rugby from Phil Gould(a.k.a mr bulls**t) and all this media publicity for the games rent-a-thug! Hope the rugby gets more of a mention for the last few games. BTW Courageous Matt King started the fight so it's his own fault if it turned a bit pear shaped. In my mind Mason should be banned for the rest of the tournament it's as simple as that.

innsaneink

Referee
willvillain said:
The saddest thing is Luke O'Donnell charging in to protect Willie from big bad Sean Long.

I didn't see the point in that.

Mason got Fielden good. You can see on his face that it was a sweet (cheap) shot. When Mason is hit he looks more like he has just tripped over his own feet more than being smacked by Peacock.

Why was it cheap?
Me thinks youve no idea.

We see "bring back the biff" every f**ken where, yet when its brought back, its thuggery, cheapshots and worse, brings fines and suspension.
Soft.

mattyg

Bench
innsaneink said:
Why was it cheap?
Me thinks youve no idea.

We see "bring back the biff" every f**ken where, yet when its brought back, its thuggery, cheapshots and worse, brings fines and suspension.
Soft.

:clap:

For once i agree with you ink. Its an absolute farce that a player gets suspended 1 week for "striking", when Peacock was 3rd man in and he also struck Mason (at least attempted to) and he gets off scot-free. Especially after the fight earlier in the series between Vatuvai and King. If Fielden didn't drop like a fly Mason would be playing in 2 weeks, and in turn i would actually watch the game in 2 weeks - don't get me wrong i follow Australia, but after the farcial suspension of Mason, a man who has kept the series entertaining, i have better things to do on my Saturday Night.

Mason should throw another one if we play GB in the final, right onto the chin of any pom player will do.

Latest posts