What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Storm

hindy111

Post Whore
4 peat is ALIVE!!!
I was thinking actually playing the Roosters week 1 in Pemrith would be better then on neutral ground in a preliminary. I don't think any other side stands a chance in Prelim but Roosters if fired have some

Sime_11

Juniors
if we can have everyone fit and firing in September - it would have to take something pretty special to beat us

its just right that Penrith makes another GF - we are the best team of this decade without a doubt - you beat us and you deserve to win a comp - thats the ultimate compliment IMO

Stinkfinger

Juniors
It’s not about being right or wrong, I just saw the way he’s been playing and trusted our system. Doesnt take Jack Gibson to do that.

He was never going to be like his Dad, but his power game will come as he finds his feet.

Definitely going to give Ivan some selection headaches next year with Ice coming in.

Rylie Price and Harrison Hassett are the two I’m most disappointed in. Price is injured now, but they haven’t really progressed that well.
Ice to the engine room.

We have been without Nathan for most of the year and still run second and only lost by 2 yesterday. It has been a year for Luai and he has shined throughout the season and I'm sure we will be ok until Nathan comes back.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Ivan's stubbornness might be allowing some players to be complacent
Why do you think he’s stubborn??

From what I’ve seen, he’s the very definition of a team player. I can’t understand where you get this from?

Is it because you don’t like the teams that
being picked? I’d say that makes you stubborn doesn’t it?

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Why do you think he’s stubborn??

From what I’ve seen, he’s the very definition of a team player. I can’t understand where you get this from?

Is it because you don’t like the teams that
being picked? I’d say that makes you stubborn doesn’t it?
I know people don't like hearing it but Tago made dumb decisions and gave away one of the dumbest penalties in the NRL this year yet again (he did make one fantastic tackle). His refusal to discipline him is really strange.
Letoa has looked totally disinterested all year.
Both these guys need to be dropped for next week, don't care if it makes the squad weaker against Canberra, a message needs to be sent that this shit isn't good enough and NO ONE'S spot is safe

Iamback

Coach
I know people don't like hearing it but Tago made dumb decisions and gave away one of the dumbest penalties in the NRL this year yet again (he did make one fantastic tackle). His refusal to discipline him is really strange.
Both these guys need to be dropped for next week, don't care if it makes the squad weaker against Canberra, a message needs to be sent that this shit isn't good enough and NO ONE'S spot is safe

Sadly it is spreading.

NAS gets binned.

We score. For some stupid reason try to spread it and lose the ball in a strip

Then compound that by going for a short drop out when the best option was to get it down field and defend the set

Girds89

Bench
Has Mav “Showed” enough yet? Or are people still not convinced he can play footy?

I dont think anyone said he couldnt play footy.. most just won't certain he was/is nrl quality.

Last night was not only his best game in the nrl but hes best game in at any level for some time.

I still think he will struggle to be a regular nrl player. At least for us. I dont see a way for him into the team next year.

But its good to see improvement thats for sure.. i certainly hope he continues upwards but hes really going to have to develop some power with his running game if hes to be a threat. Honestly atm hes not even a threat 1 on 1 with a half. Huge build but runs half arsed.

Having said that he did well last night to play huge mins and be fairly solid.

I think next year we will run

8. Leota
9. Kenny
10. Smith
11. Papali
12. Marto
13. Yeo

15. Soro (prop/2nd row cover)
16. Henry
17. Garner (centre cover)

18. Patea

Hope he has a huge preseason tho and puts some pressure on the bench guys

Iamback

Coach
I dont think anyone said he couldnt play footy.. most just won't certain he was/is nrl quality.

Last night was not only his best game in the nrl but hes best game in at any level for some time.

I still think he will struggle to be a regular nrl player. At least for us. I dont see a way for him into the team next year.

But its good to see improvement thats for sure.. i certainly hope he continues upwards but hes really going to have to develop some power with his running game if hes to be a threat. Honestly atm hes not even a threat 1 on 1 with a half. Huge build but runs half arsed.

Having said that he did well last night to play huge mins and be fairly solid.

I think next year we will run

8. Leota
9. Kenny
10. Smith
11. Papali
12. Marto
13. Yeo

15. Soro (prop/2nd row cover)
16. Henry
17. Garner (centre cover)

18. Patea

Hope he has a huge preseason tho and puts some pressure on the bench guys

Garner at his age shouldn't be anywhere near a centre spot. We have that many big centres that any of them are perfect for that role

Girds89

Bench

The biggest thing ive noticed with tago this year is his fitness seems to just be a tad off the oace compared to the rest of the squad..

Hes slow back into the line or marker after making a tackle. After a run hes exhausted and takes a while to recover.

Ive noticed it a lot and i think it's probably contributed to some of his errors with ball handling and defensive decisions. Its no secret players make poor decisons under fatigue.

I kmow ivan made a joke in a presser at one point this year or last along the lines of "that was the most tags has ever run".. was after he had a big game and was joking hes not a big runner/fitness.

I think the trainers need to pull him aside for the next 3/4 weeks before finals and work on his conditioning a bit. I kmow its late in the year but a few extras or changes to his training might help him get a bit more fitness into his legs amd some better decisions.

Havimg said all that i think hes improved a lot over the last month. Dropping him now would be stupid..he is our best centre and we need him to win the comp imo.

The daine laurie wimg experiment needs to stop too. Hes just not a winger.

Ivan needs to show some balls and give daine a chance at 6 ffs.

On leota, he goes through these patches.. ill back him come finals to go beast mode.

Latest posts