What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mason gets owned

willvillain

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Why was it cheap?
Me thinks youve no idea.

We see "bring back the biff" every f**ken where, yet when its brought back, its thuggery, cheapshots and worse, brings fines and suspension.
Soft.

I think it was cheap because it was unneccesary. At no point did I see Fielden looking like he was going to blue. Mason hit him with a solid tackle before the whole thing, then stood up and pushed Fielden. Should've left it at the good tackle in my opinion, the fact that he went on with it all cheapened his hit.

As I said, the punch itself was sweet, but pretty pointless.

I don't care about bringing back the biff, I just want to see tough footy for f*cks sake!

nadera78

Juniors
Technically Peacock was 5th man in. Fielden and Mason. Then Long tried to stop it, but was taken out by O'Donnell. Then Peacock turned up.

And tbh Mason is unfortunate to get banned for the punch, but I'm certain in my mind that GB only cited him (and the panel only banned him) because of the stupid decission by Greg McCallum that Mason had done nothing wrong when he smacked Long in the head. It was a blatent attack to the head of a man who was off balance and looking the other way. He should have been done for that not the punch.

innsaneink

Referee
willvillain said:
I think it was cheap because it was unneccesary. At no point did I see Fielden looking like he was going to blue. Mason hit him with a solid tackle before the whole thing, then stood up and pushed Fielden. Should've left it at the good tackle in my opinion, the fact that he went on with it all cheapened his hit.

As I said, the punch itself was sweet, but pretty pointless.

I don't care about bringing back the biff, I just want to see tough footy for f*cks sake!

Whether its necessary or not doesnt determine if its a cheap shot, as I thought, youve no clue.
Everyone likes a blue in the footy, especially the big games.
Watch the vid again, particularly Fieldens right arm...looks to me like hes preparing to hit Mason.

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
mattyg said:
:clap:

For once i agree with you ink. Its an absolute farce that a player gets suspended 1 week for "striking", when Peacock was 3rd man in and he also struck Mason (at least attempted to) and he gets off scot-free. Especially after the fight earlier in the series between Vatuvai and King. If Fielden didn't drop like a fly Mason would be playing in 2 weeks, and in turn i would actually watch the game in 2 weeks - don't get me wrong i follow Australia, but after the farcial suspension of Mason, a man who has kept the series entertaining, i have better things to do on my Saturday Night.

Mason should throw another one if we play GB in the final, right onto the chin of any pom player will do.

Yeah you can stay in your bedroom and kiss the posters of Willie instead. You're not an RL fan Matty you're a Bulldog biggot and a complete fantasist. Your not even patriotic which is the most pathetic thing.

One day when you grow up you may realise that pinning all your hopes and dreams on a mentally geniused bully was a waste of your childhood.

Try a Mason free existence. You can do it!:pray:

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Whether its necessary or not doesnt determine if its a cheap shot, as I thought, youve no clue.
Everyone likes a blue in the footy, especially the big games.
Watch the vid again, particularly Fieldens right arm...looks to me like hes preparing to hit Mason.

Mason went on that field to hurt someone. He was looking for a chance to start and because he is a typical bully he got in the first punch. It was a very good shot (a straight right and not a haymaker or a hook as everyone seems to be saying). He should then have been sent off but not cited or banned. But Klein failed his duties and Mason proved what a selfish, egotistical, imbecile he is by still seeing red mist and cheapshotting Long.

That act of cowardice should have seen him banned for the series, but once again the officials f**ked up.

Justice has been done in that he has been banned but it is a joke and a complete commercial desicion that he is able to play in the final.

I don't really mind though...Mason has been a liability for Aus, so I hope he gets selected.

mattyg

Bench
PRIDEOFLIONS said:
Yeah you can stay in your bedroom and kiss the posters of Willie instead. You're not an RL fan Matty you're a Bulldog biggot and a complete fantasist. Your not even patriotic which is the most pathetic thing.

One day when you grow up you may realise that pinning all your hopes and dreams on a mentally geniused bully was a waste of your childhood.

Try a Mason free existence. You can do it!:pray:

What has that got to do with anything? Let me guess...your one of those people who look down upon people who are mentally challenged? Good one f**kstick.

Fielden was going to punch Mason, Mason got in first and hammered your hero. Sit down and cop it. Mason is now serving a suspension which is one of the most farcial decisions in rugby league history. For decades we have seen biffs in league, and for a fair and square hit they choose Willie Mason as the first man to be suspended for it. Where was that rule the past few decades? Where was that rule before game 4 in this tri nations series? It was non-existant, and this forum would be better if you were non-existant as well.

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
mattyg said:
What has that got to do with anything? Let me guess...your one of those people who look down upon people who are mentally challenged? Good one f**kstick.

Fielden was going to punch Mason, Mason got in first and hammered your hero. Sit down and cop it. Mason is now serving a suspension which is one of the most farcial decisions in rugby league history. For decades we have seen biffs in league, and for a fair and square hit they choose Willie Mason as the first man to be suspended for it. Where was that rule the past few decades? Where was that rule before game 4 in this tri nations series? It was non-existant, and this forum would be better if you were non-existant as well.

I'm sure you and few of your chums would be very happy if I went because you don't have any coherent answers.

My post was in response to you saying you wouldn't watch the game because your idol isn't going to feature. That is pathetic, childish and not in support of your team.

In response to your ranting reply, once again you are as late as a Willie Mason elbow charge. Please refer back to my post on Insaneink's quote some 20 mins ago.

If I bother you so much either don't be so gullable and soft or just don't reply:roll:

mattyg

Bench
I won't be watching the game because i have better things to do on a Saturday Night. If the Tri Nations judiciary followed the rules they have for every other player, then i would have worked my plans for Saturday Night around it, regardless if Mason was playing, or being rested. I don't watch the Tri Nations simply for Mason. I love watching it but since the TN's judiciary don't have the best interests of the fans in their mind (we dont wanna see one rule applied for King, and a different one for Mason), i won't bother. I don't see what the big problem with that is.

I would happily watch the game if no bulldogs were playing. In fact i attended the match in 2005 between AUS and NZ and from memory there were no bulldogs playing in that game for Australia. I just want to see consistency with the rules for each player.

Stop thinking you are so smart, because you aren't.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
PRIDEOFLIONS said:
Mason went on that field to hurt someone. He was looking for a chance to start and because he is a typical bully he got in the first punch. It was a very good shot (a straight right and not a haymaker or a hook as everyone seems to be saying). He should then have been sent off but not cited or banned. But Klein failed his duties and Mason proved what a selfish, egotistical, imbecile he is by still seeing red mist and cheapshotting Long.

That act of cowardice should have seen him banned for the series, but once again the officials f**ked up.

Justice has been done in that he has been banned but it is a joke and a complete commercial desicion that he is able to play in the final.

I don't really mind though...Mason has been a liability for Aus, so I hope he gets selected.
Sounds to me like you do mind, this must be your 20th post on the subject, each one being exactly like the first, "blah, blah, whinge, cry, bully, cheapshot, blah blah".

Selfish, egotistical? Come again? What part of Mason's actions were selfish or egotistical?

One thing you did get right was that Willie threw the first one......after Glassie mouthed off, squared up, grabbed him and cocked his right. Who wouldn't try and get in first?

Let's look at the Long incident:
  • Replayed in actual time (as opposed to slow motion), it was clear to see Willie had committed to the hit and couldn't pull out. So it wasn't late.
  • It was high.
  • He didn't raise his elbow in a malicious manner, was simply trying to knock Long off his feet, as he was trying to hit him, not tackle him.
  • Because Long was off-balance, it was a cheap shot? Don't think so.
With the above in mind, appropriate action was to put it on report and penalise him for a high shot. Considering this was the decision made by the on-field referee, the third referee (seeing as he didn't feel the hit warranted his intervention) and subsequently the MRC, three separate figures, what is the problem?

PS - you should work on these alleged coherent replies.

borntoride

Juniors
1. The reason prideoflions posted is cos he has an opinion and thats totally valid. Willie "Iron" Mason does give away needless penalties.
2.Butter Fingers was unwittingly selfish he could have passed it to Lockyer for a certain try, when he decided to run himself mid second half. He gave GB field position and relieved pressure with his abundant penalties. Ricky Stuart was NOT impressed. GB fans love it bring on another brain explosion.
3. West Tigers fans are good at excuses by now they've been having to make them all season.

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
Tiger Hawk said:
Sounds to me like you do mind, this must be your 20th post on the subject, each one being exactly like the first, "blah, blah, whinge, cry, bully, cheapshot, blah blah".

Selfish, egotistical? Come again? What part of Mason's actions were selfish or egotistical?

One thing you did get right was that Willie threw the first one......after Glassie mouthed off, squared up, grabbed him and cocked his right. Who wouldn't try and get in first?

Let's look at the Long incident:
  • Replayed in actual time (as opposed to slow motion), it was clear to see Willie had committed to the hit and couldn't pull out. So it wasn't late.
  • It was high.
  • He didn't raise his elbow in a malicious manner, was simply trying to knock Long off his feet, as he was trying to hit him, not tackle him.
  • Because Long was off-balance, it was a cheap shot? Don't think so.
With the above in mind, appropriate action was to put it on report and penalise him for a high shot. Considering this was the decision made by the on-field referee, the third referee (seeing as he didn't feel the hit warranted his intervention) and subsequently the MRC, three separate figures, what is the problem?

PS - you should work on these alleged coherent replies.

Welll Tiger Hawk thank for reading my brief biography, and for actually putting up a coherent reply.

In resonse:

1) My posts of that "Blah, blah" nature as you put it are usually in response to non-sensical and cringe-worthy pro Mason rants. Any proper Aussie footie fan would accept that he did little or nothing to help his teams cause on Saturday, which I thought was to win a match and not win the "look who I can hurt" award.

2) Of course he was selfish and egotistical. As above, how were his actions designed to assist his team. Was it the 2 penalties he gave away? Was it the fact that he fired and inspired G.B.? Was it that he then made himself ineffectual for the entire game?
The "Big Willie Mason" tag is his problem. He is legend in his own mind. Most right thinking GB supporters thought that Morely was a laibility last year. That was just damn stupid, but Mason believes his own press and he got sucked in to the whole thing to the detrement of his team.

3) I said his punch was very good and didnt warrant a citing, but he was definatley going to start no matter what. He was on planet Mason.

4)Your so rose tinted on the Long incident. He was looking to hurt Long and had no intention of stopping till he did. Your go into a tackle with your arms out to grab the man, or you shoulder charge. Willie did neither. He went straight on with his arms locked in front of his body. I dont see many players looking to make a hit without using their shoulders or arms. Is this the new elbow charge-tackle-thing? I don't think so. Red mist. No justification.

5) This point is ridiculous and desperate. Long was kicking, Mason new that. Balance or no balance it was very late, high and malicious. Thats CHEAP in anybodies book.

6) Officialdom has been the joke of this tri-nations (with Willie). Why should they start making proper decisions now? Most Aussies have excepted that the Long hit was a cheap shot, but you still cling on to this.The on field ref was next to useless because Mason should have been off and the hit should never have happened.

WJ

Juniors
I have to say, if morley had doen to lockyer what mason did to long, you aussies would be crying into your didgerydoos.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
PRIDEOFLIONS said:
1) My posts of that "Blah, blah" nature as you put it are usually in response to non-sensical and cringe-worthy pro Mason rants. Any proper Aussie footie fan would accept that he did little or nothing to help his teams cause on Saturday, which I thought was to win a match and not win the "look who I can hurt" award.
Yes, and you’ve been churning out the same posts for 3 days. Anybody would think GB lost the game the way you guys are carrying on. Every single thread on the topic of Mason that I’ve read has been started by a Pom. Get over it.
PRIDEOFLIONS said:
2) Of course he was selfish and egotistical. As above, how were his actions designed to assist his team. Was it the 2 penalties he gave away? Was it the fact that he fired and inspired G.B.? Was it that he then made himself ineffectual for the entire game? The "Big Willie Mason" tag is his problem. He is legend in his own mind. Most right thinking GB supporters thought that Morely was a laibility last year. That was just damn stupid, but Mason believes his own press and he got sucked in to the whole thing to the detrement of his team.
With the benefit of hindsight it’s possible you could label him selfish, same as you could label O’Meley selfish for giving away penalties as well. But it’s not like they went out there trying to give away penalties is it? I don’t really like Mason, let’s make that clear, but I don’t believe he cost us the game either. Those 2 penalties happened within the first 10 minutes of the game, and the game was still firmly within our reach with 10 minutes left. Our ineffectual dummy half service, repeated penalties by multiple offenders, lack of organization from the halves and a kicking game which was for the most part reminiscent of my U/13s side cost us the game. So in reality, it's possible you could label anybody selfish for playing poorly isn't it? So it doesn't really make sense because they don't go onto the field with that in mind.

Did he fire and inspire GB? I don’t believe so, given we weren’t dominated in the match (a late try blowing out the score line after some fortunate lead up play).

You do raise a good point on the egotistical comment. Oh wait, no you don't.
PRIDEOFLIONS said:
3) I said his punch was very good and didnt warrant a citing, but he was definatley going to start no matter what. He was on planet Mason.
Yep, he was definitely going to defend himself after Fielden mouthed off, walked toward him, grabbed him by the collar and raised his right arm. Willie was lucky he got him first with that deranged guy obviously looking for a fight. If Fielden didn’t provoke him, nothing would have happened. Watch the clips, you can clearly see Fielden walking towards him and c**k his right arm, something so many people don’t want to believe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMuvZNH5VAo or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR4N9LA8jIA
PRIDEOFLIONS said:
4)Your so rose tinted on the Long incident. He was looking to hurt Long and had no intention of stopping till he did. Your go into a tackle with your arms out to grab the man, or you shoulder charge. Willie did neither. He went straight on with his arms locked in front of his body. I dont see many players looking to make a hit without using their shoulders or arms. Is this the new elbow charge-tackle-thing? I don't think so. Red mist. No justification.
Obviously I’m not rose-tinted, considering every authority that had an opportunity to act on the Long incident did exactly what they should have done, which is place him on report for an unintentional high shot. If it was really that bad, he’d be gone. Why can’t you accept that?

And how was looking to hurt Long and had no intention of stopping till he did? On what basis have you formed this view? The fact Willie hit him earlier in the game? Can't be that because he didn't. Now you're making sh*t up.
PRIDEOFLIONS said:
5) This point is ridiculous and desperate. Long was kicking, Mason new that. Balance or no balance it was very late, high and malicious. Thats CHEAP in anybodies book.
Well this ridiculous and desperate point was made by some other whinging Pom and I agree that balance has nothing to do with it. However, the shot wasn’t very late nor was it malicious or intentional. I've repeatedly stated this and it has been proved by the MRC.
PRIDEOFLIONS said:
6) Officialdom has been the joke of this tri-nations (with Willie). Why should they start making proper decisions now? Most Aussies have excepted that the Long hit was a cheap shot, but you still cling on to this.The on field ref was next to useless because Mason should have been off and the hit should never have happened.
Sent off after he was provoked and threw one punch? You must be joking. On the Long incident, I cling on to it, as you say, because my opinion has been justified by the actions of the referee, touch-judges, video referee and the MRC. And unlike some, I was able to form that opinion without being influenced by the biased and utterly ridiculous commentating of that bald headed gnome Stevo.

borntoride said:
3. West Tigers fans are good at excuses by now they've been having to make them all season.
Come up with that one yourself sparky, or copy it from somewhere else? Either way, you're running on fumes so I suggest you give it up.

Bullseye

Juniors
nadera78 said:
And tbh Mason is unfortunate to get banned for the punch, but I'm certain in my mind that GB only cited him (and the panel only banned him) because of the stupid decission by Greg McCallum that Mason had done nothing wrong when he smacked Long in the head. It was a blatent attack to the head of a man who was off balance and looking the other way. He should have been done for that not the punch.

:clap:

Just what I was thinking.

screeny

Bench
Just watched the game for the first time.

The Fielden incident, fair dos, Fielden's arm was cocked and Mason's been punished for, probably quite luckily, landing a pearler. If he'd swung and missed or scuffed Fielden, nothing would have happened to him.

Also, he clearly gets decked by Peacock, for whom I have a new found repsect this series. I didn't see the point of him as a player, nevermind captain, but now he's positioning himself as a real leader. His 'words' with Willy when the two got called to the ref twice were memorable moments of the Test.

As for the Long incident, he clearly flies into Long's head with his forearms/elbows, which is naughty and not at all tough. He should've been punished for this and not the punch.

Jane Robinson

Juniors
As a Pom who only speaks English and French, can someone explain what you mean when you say he is owned? Owned by who or what?

Roby1

Juniors
Old sideboard jaw was obviously looking to take someone out, so why pick on Fielden? Not a known hardman! Prove yourself next time and go looking for the big guns!

15 mins and he could of had a go at Moz. Yeh I know.

The hit on Long was an act of cowardice, anyone can do that.

Ps Is he inbred? the eyes look awefully close, and that jaw is deffo not right. Allegedly.