What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mason release a done deal

Smartman

Juniors
Dogaholic said:
Im sure you have no idea what the board is going to decide. Neither do i.

They might decide to just wash their hands of him and let him do what ever he likes where ever that may be.

One thing is for ceratin, we will have a bit of dosh in the war chest. Especially when tonga and Maitua follow willie out the door.

If that happens-

Potential targets
Folau
Hayne
Inu
Johnson (hopefully off contract)
A couple of high quality props

Smartman

Juniors
TITAN1 said:
Canterbury have indicated they are ready to sack Mason,seems at odds with wanting compensation?

I wouldnt think they would sack Mason, rather a trade of some sort.

Sacking Mason at this time of the year where theres not many free agents of note is stupid.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Smartman said:
If that happens-

Potential targets
Folau
Hayne
Inu
Johnson (hopefully off contract)
A couple of high quality props

I reckon they would might get one big name forward - a prop most likely.

The rest to lure a few young gun players to the blue and white.

TITAN1

Juniors
Smartman said:

Sacking Mason at this time of the year where theres not many free agents of note is stupid.
This is the Canterbury board were talking about...

innsaneink

Referee
Timmah said:
Hmmm, and re-hashing those does what exactly for the image of our code?

Get off your high horse, hypocrite.
You seemed to take amusement at the paul gallen incident, fanning the flames between sharks and saints fan on here...despite it being negative for the "image of our code"

ByRd

First Grade
Im over this whole Willie issue, he is good when he wants to be but most of the time is just too much baggage and trouble, i just want it to end whichever way it goes, im sick of it. And Willie is replaceable, maybe not next year but we have young talent coming through and he was never a prop to begin with, SBW, Ryan, Maitua, Te Maari, Koups are great second row, with this it may give us a new direction to move instead of the old bash and barge, thats the positive i see from this

Sugar

Bench
ByRd said:
Im over this whole Willie issue, he is good when he wants to be but most of the time is just too much baggage and trouble, i just want it to end whichever way it goes, im sick of it.

Perhaps surgery is an option:D

Molly

Juniors
Smartman said:

Hmm, I dont know about that. This time of year most (all?) clubs have finalised their financial commitments for next season, so he cant really hurt them (Bulldogs) by going to an opposition club. Most likely he will stay or head to UK I would think.

Personally, this could be the making of the Dogs. A really strong statement to the group and the negative influence he seems to have on the group is gone and not to be tolerated any further. I think the Dogs are to applauded. Mason is a little past it, and forget about the individual, its the impact he may have on the group that is the biggest risk to bringing him into a club.

Smart move, smart timing...this seems to be a real positive step....Dont write the Dogs off yet...

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Timmah said:
Answer me this - what does making reference to past Bulldog discretions achieve in this argument? Apart from stir up negative emotions about RL in general that is?
I was reading a discussion between you and someone else regarding the 'implosion' of the Dogs. I stated that they imploded long ago, and that the implosion could be traced back to the loss of Peter Moore.

What does my post achieve? It doesn't need to achieve anything. It's merely an observation I've made.

What do you hope to achieve when posting on the internet, Timmah? World peace?

As for your hilarious notion that I'm stirring up negative emotions about rugby league in general, think about this - I made a comment on a messageboard. Now, if your international forward wasn't in a stand-off with your CEO then I wouldn't have said what I said, would I? So who is guilty of stirring up negative emotions - an anonymous poster, or your club?

Perhaps some tough calls are being made now and this will set the Dogs straight. But it should never have come to this, should it?

majorblack

Juniors
Mason really needs to come to Hull I know alot of people will pay good money to see two Big Willies play with Dykes.:shock:

Smartman

Juniors
Molly said:
Hmm, I dont know about that. This time of year most (all?) clubs have finalised their financial commitments for next season, so he cant really hurt them (Bulldogs) by going to an opposition club. Most likely he will stay or head to UK I would think.

Personally, this could be the making of the Dogs. A really strong statement to the group and the negative influence he seems to have on the group is gone and not to be tolerated any further. I think the Dogs are to applauded. Mason is a little past it, and forget about the individual, its the impact he may have on the group that is the biggest risk to bringing him into a club.

Smart move, smart timing...this seems to be a real positive step....Dont write the Dogs off yet...

It hurts Canterbury in the sense that if Mason is gone, they have 450,000 to spend but no one to spend it on.

I know what you're saying off field Canterbury are better off but weaker on it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Given his average form in 2007 are we really that much worse off?

legend

Coach
Willie Masons contract will be terminated, meaning the Dogs don't have to pay him a cent for next season and Mason is then a free agent and can sign with whomever he chooses.

The Dogs need the cap space so releasing Mason and not subsidising his salary next year is the best outcome for all concerned.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If it means a cessation of all this drama then good, seeya Will. I love talking footy but this is just one controversy too far.

deluded pom?

Coach
KeepingTheFaith said:
Mason is a joke, but where is he going to end up? Is there any fan who actually wants to see this guy at their club?

I don't want the knobhead at Hull but it looks increasingly like we'll end up with him.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Timmah said:
Given his average form in 2007 are we really that much worse off?

I can imagine the calls when Mason is finally released..
'He will be nothing without Chris Armit'.
'Brad Morrin carried him all last season'.
'Never the same since Dennis Scott went to Melbourne'

Latest posts