What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mason Ruled Out

Charlie124

First Grade
I dont think last years loss had as much to do with depth as is had to do with terrible selections, for the first time ever i was cheering against my own country and i couldnt be happier when we lost and bennett got the axe (before it starts, yes i know bennett himself doesnt make ALL the selections, but he had a big say). And it looks like this year the right selections (for the most part) have been made, a few fresh faces and enthusiasm in the team instead of the same tired old heads running around again.

I still think itll be a AUS V NZ final

Charlie124

First Grade
I hope GB have gotten a LOT better than they were last year, if theyve only improved by 50% from then, i cant see them being anything more than nuisance value this year

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
F@%! willies out? what happenned to him saying hed still play even if it was fractured?? that has taken the edge outta the game good chance for Sam Thaiday though been playing well this year, its his time to shine now!

bartman

Immortal
Oops, all the big talkk from Willie doesn't look so big now.

NZ might creep up in this one, be a little better organised and workmanlike in playing to their strengths. Not bothered about Vagana, he did do the job for them last series, even if he's in form form through the normal season.

The thing New Zealand needs is all their forwards to make inroads. If Australia can hold them there, they should win. If not, look out! It would be one game all and each team would have to work for their place in the final.

It will be interesting to see if the large squad training sessions held through the year have helped GB any. Along with the warm up game. They might help make some improvement on last year, but I fear the troops and combinations available to be selected on tour may not measure up to more than nuisance value this time.

NPK

Bench
Geez you guys are harsh. You guys try playing a test match with a migraine. It's impossible.

ozbash

Referee
Skinner said:
limp willie is a f**king cat

too true skinz.

its not good to heap sh*t on a culture or tradition. people have done it before and come to a sticky end.

NPK

Bench
f**king kiwis. So precious. Get all distressed when someone swears at them, and they are calling Masona a wuss.

Azkatro

First Grade
He's been ruled out with concussion. Yep, Willie's such a big wuss the team doctor and officials have not allowed him to play, even though he wanted to. And there's nothing serious about concussion as we all know - that big cat Keith Galloway should have gotten straight up after Hoppa took his head off in that game a couple of years ago :roll:

I think it's a credit to Willie that he came back and played the part that he did last weekend, despite the damage that Kidwell's hit had done. Very gutsy.

Oh and we lost last year because Lockyer was injured and Barrett is useless.

shiznit

Coach
blah blah blah... mason is a CAT!!

so whats the score now??
Kidwell 2 - 0 Mason

im glad the pussy doesnt play for the kiwis... you can have him...

TAKE A FEW PANADOLS AND GET OUT THEYRE YOU F*CKING PUSSY!!

oh and you lost last year because you gave away away 24 unanswered points in the final. nevermind this lockeyer bullsh*t... we were without Benji Marshall and SBW... you didnt see us moaning...

NPK

Bench
shiznit said:
TAKE A FEW PANADOLS AND GET OUT THEYRE YOU F*CKING PUSSY!!
You have no idea.
And by the way, the score is Kidwell 0, Mason 0.5 (for the team's win)
I wouldn't give Kidwell credit for an accidental head clash that almost broke Mason's face.

salivor

First Grade
Didn't Mason say in this column earlier this week:
Willie Mason said:
I should be fine to play, despite the nasty bruise under my right eye and concerns over a fractured cheekbone. I'm not looking too good but I'm going to get scans on it today. It's a little bit sore but it looks worse than it is. Our team doctor checked it and pressed all the right places and there didn't seem to be too much pain. It should be all clear and, even if there is a little fracture, that's not going to stop me from playing. It's not going to kill me.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,20586590-23214,00.html

So one minute he's even prepared to play with a fracture the next he's pulling out due to headaches. Mason should learn to shut his mouth, it only ever causes him embarrassment.

Azkatro

First Grade
salivor said:
Didn't Mason say in this column earlier this week:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,20586590-23214,00.html

So one minute he's even prepared to play with a fracture the next he's pulling out due to headaches. Mason should learn to shut his mouth, it only ever causes him embarrassment.
???

SMH said:
OUTSPOKEN Australia prop Willie Mason will escape the promised retribution of the Kiwis in tonight's second Tri-Nations Test after being ruled out with concussion.
In a shock revelation at the Kangaroos' final training session late yesterday, Australia team doctor Hugh Hazard said Mason was still suffering the effects of a heavy tackle by New Zealand forward David Kidwell in last week's 30-18 win at Mt Smart Stadium.
Newflash .. concussion is worse than headaches!