What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mason wants to follow NFL dream

sunny

LOL at Colin Scotts' carry on, saying he could open doors for Mason in the NFL. f**k that guy (Scotts) is a goose- a serial big noter of himself. He wouldn't be able to open any doors, I bet ya.

Woods99

Juniors
aqua_duck said:
Mason's pretty big and a good athlete but there are heaps of big athletes who never make it in the NFL. Don't let the game fool you, there are alot of subtle elements involved, and being a good athlete won't compensate. I don't think Willie would be a big hit, he could probably be a solid performer at best. Plus if you think WIllie is a great athlete, there are alot better in the NFL, and those guys have played the game most of their lives.

Interestingly enough, for all the leaguies who bag rugby players, the only Australian to make it in the NFL (discounting special teams players) is Colin Scotts, who was an Australian Schools Rugby player and ended up playing about 10 years or so. From memory, he went to Epping Boys High School.

sunny

he actually went to (funnily enough) scots college at vaucluse, woods. Was a part of a famous australian junior rugby team i think as well.

Mr Saab

Referee
Woods99 said:
Interestingly enough, for all the leaguies who bag rugby players, the only Australian to make it in the NFL (discounting special teams players) is Colin Scotts, who was an Australian Schools Rugby player and ended up playing about 10 years or so. From memory, he went to Epping Boys High School.

And?

sunny

he was spotted on the australia schoolboys rugby tour by a scout from the university of hawaii, and thats where the nfl thing began.

>zuzu<

Juniors
Yeah they have a player doing this every year. Last year i think it was Matty Bowen

sunny

the funniest was wayne carey alleged going to the dallas cowboys after his affair a few years ago. what delusional sh*t that was.

Mr Saab

Referee
>zuzu< said:
Yeah they have a player doing this every year. Last year i think it was Matty Bowen

Dont recall Bowen aligned to NFL...if he was then that is a joke of all proportions as he is too small and short for any position.
Running back....would be hammered
Wide Reciever....would be too short to catch the ball as the defenders would either intercept it or knock it down.

sunny

lol, i am still pissing myself at the big noter scotts getting his name in the paper again. He played for 2 or 3 years in the late 80s as a defensive end for the cardinals and the-then houston oilers. And he reckons he's going to open doors into some of the top teams for Willie :lol: That's basically the equivalent of being a bloke who played for the gold coast seagulls for a couple of years in the late 80s/early 90s, and saying you could get someone a tryout for first grade at the bulldogs or dragons!

Burwood

Bench
Adam Macdougall once had aspirations of playing in the NFL.

Now he plays for Souths...

sunny

macdougall is actually a massive nfl fan. so too is steve price...brian smith also a big fan

Danish

Referee
>zuzu< said:

Last year it was Mini i think. The year before Mini and Mason. The year before i cant remember.

Mason is the only one i would say has a geniune chance. He is already big enough for the position, has the strength, with a couple years of work he could probably do it.

Anyone else named are just due to slow news days.

Special K

Coach
Mr Saab said:
Where did you get the idea he would be a running back? There are more positions in the NFL than just running back.
Really? Wow thanks for the insight. But considering they sent videos of him against Bowen in origin and the fact he loves the spot light so he wouldn't play defence I'd assume he would want to play some as unrealistic as the dream of playing in the NFL. I also think he'd get rolled at TE.

Could you imagine Willie playing the TE and running routes then being co ordinated to catch the ball in traffic without being worried of being smashed? I doubt if he could even remember the plays given his ADD ;-).

Will never happen so why talk about it?

sunny

mini was named during a kangaroo tour once when they went to america. it was the big dope scotts mouthing off again :lol:

Latest posts