What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass Effect 2

Eelectrica

Referee
I'm definately getting drawn in, but I liked the long main quest missions of the first. So far in ME2 all the missions have been short in comparison.
Also miss the Mako, even if it was difficult to control at times. Also liked the planetry exploration side of ME1.

ME2 has more interesting characters though.
If ME3 can combine the elements that made ME1 so great with what makes ME2 so great, it will be just about perfect.

adamkungl

Immortal
Mass Effect I actually found hard to get into at first...the combat was hard, I died a lot, the Mako was frustrating, and the story hadn't really kicked off (wandering around the Citadel). But there is a point, maybe after 1 story mission or so, where the story starts to get interesting, you get the hang of the controls, and you gain enough powers that you can really manipulate fights to your advantage, you realise "This game is f**king awesome"

simostorm

Bench
I haven't played a game like this since Ocarina of Time.

Ie the sort of game that you just can't put down.

The way they have integrated your decisions from ME1 into ME 2 is seamless.

It bums me out knowing I have to go to work tomorrow rather than play ME2.

Even though I'm only 12 hours in I'm willing to say that this is the best game I've ever played.

ya.. same here.. i thought the first one was the best game ive ever played.. but this tops it IMO.

Devilous

Juniors
Just Finished, Great game.

The worst thing about it is Mass Effect 3 probably won't be out for another 3 years :cry:

Well worth the money I paid for it, suppose I should wrap up some achievements and set up for ME 3 :)

Munky

Coach
Finished it tonight.

Awesome that the game has so many possibilities. The multiple possible endings are insane (just watched some on Youtube).

It'll be hard to play Modern Warfare 3 and Uncharted 3 and their totally scripted events after Mass Effect 2.

The final game in the trilogy will no doubt be the best game ever created. It's hard to think how they can improve upon ME 2.

adamkungl

Immortal
I finished ME 1 on Insane yesterday. Started from scratch, Soldier, with Liara and Tali as my only used allies. Some of the fights when you are under level 20 are incredibly frustratingly difficult. But once you gain enough powers you start breezing through huge battlefields...krogan battlemasters become your playthings with a series of lifts. so freaking awesome.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Love the game.

Haven't finished it yet.

Got up to the start of the final mission last week, decided to finish it off this morning and found I have the red ring of death......:x

user_nat

Coach
Currently on my second playthrough. Playing on Insanity is frustratingly difficult. All for a worthless achievement.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
They dumbed it down too much IMO. Now it's a shooter with some RPG elements instead of being an RPG. Only 2 weapons of each type and less powers, no weapon mods or armor mods, can't even change your allies armor (and seeing Miranda fighting in a latex suit makes Shepard wearing bulky armor look ridiculous). Scanning for minerals is really tedious too. And I would love to punch whoever decided to get rid of the weapon overheat system and introduce ammo, enemies are damn bullet sponges and you run out of ammo so often, really stupid decision.

Still an amazing game, the story has sucked me right in and I can't wait for 3, I just hate it when games get dumbed down for the masses like this.

Eelectrica

Referee
They dumbed it down too much IMO. Now it's a shooter with some RPG elements instead of being an RPG. Only 2 weapons of each type and less powers, no weapon mods or armor mods, can't even change your allies armor (and seeing Miranda fighting in a latex suit makes Shepard wearing bulky armor look ridiculous). Scanning for minerals is really tedious too. And I would love to punch whoever decided to get rid of the weapon overheat system and introduce ammo, enemies are damn bullet sponges and you run out of ammo so often, really stupid decision.

Still an amazing game, the story has sucked me right in and I can't wait for 3, I just hate it when games get dumbed down for the masses like this.

I pretty much agree with all that. The story still manages to grab ya though. Started a second play through with a character from the first who did a few things differently so it will be interesting to see how it goes.
This time as an adept. The first play through was as a soldier.

Latest posts