What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mat Cooper Does Not Deserve To Be Rated!

this kid, literally vanished the dragons chance f making a come back in that game on the weekend, well that and jamie sowards passing that ball out, but what is all this hype about mat cooper? i dont see how he is any good?

The Colonel

Immortal
Sorry Jeremy, I'm a bit lost in regard to your statement? Cooper would be a good deal older than yourself for a start I'm thinking and has been a certain pick in first grade and at Origin level up until this year. Injury hasn't given him much of a chance to shine though this season.

You can be very random in regard to the players you dislike.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Had a bad season but has been brilliant from 2000-08 and has played for NSW and Australia in that time. He also played a big chunk of this season with a foot injury which requires surgery in the off-season and he was given pain killing injections before each game so he could play.

bartman

Immortal
I can't think of two players I'd rather have above Cooper in the centres, if he's fit...?

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
i dont dislike him, i just think he lost that game for them

Lol i dont know how many dragons games you watch but Saturday night was probably one of his better games this year :lol: But what he lacks in attack he makes up in defence. It isnt a coincidence that the Dragons had the best defence this year and Matt Cooper and Beau Scott were our centres. Arguably the two best defensive centres in the NRL.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
IMO he is half the player he used to be. 3 tries this year is unacceptable for a guy who has played for Aust, Origin and CvC. He's had his fair share of injuries though. Defensively he still good but can do better- some pissweak tries have been leaked on his side recently.

The Colonel

Immortal
i just sayin he aint a bad player but in his current form should not be rated at all, he lost saints tht game!

Didn't do it single handedly nor are you paying much credit to a Broncos team that turned around a poor record in both finals and against the Dragons at Suncorp.

Jeremy you come up with some absolutely random and boring crap ... stop spamming the forum ... there's no need to post something every time you have a thought ...

SDM

First Grade
Lol i dont know how many dragons games you watch but Saturday night was probably one of his better games this year :lol: But what he lacks in attack he makes up in defence. It isnt a coincidence that the Dragons had the best defence this year and Matt Cooper and Beau Scott were our centres. Arguably the two best defensive centres in the NRL.

And possibly the worst 2 at attacking.

Fein

First Grade
IMO he is half the player he used to be. 3 tries this year is unacceptable for a guy who has played for Aust, Origin and CvC. He's had his fair share of injuries though. Defensively he still good but can do better- some pissweak tries have been leaked on his side recently.

Very true.

I used to be a fan but nowadays he's better suited to ESL or French Rugby.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
And possibly the worst 2 at attacking.

Definately not going to argue with you there. Just like how i said our defence was brilliant because of great defensive centres, our attack was also sh*t due to crap attacking centres. Matt Cooper slightly better than Scott however.

Big Pete

Referee
Cooper's been average for awhile now, at least since 2007 IMO.

Still a great defensive centre who can shut any attacking defensive centre down. It's a shame he's no where near as effective with the ball in hand as he used to be.

I can bartman.

Latest posts