What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mat Cooper Does Not Deserve To Be Rated!

Kiki

First Grade
Yeh I thinks he still an awesome defended but he seems a bit gun shy in attack these days

Cooper has always been overated IMO...nowhere near the standard of Hodges, Inglis and co yet always seemed to make rep sides.

I totally agree. I was saying back in 04-05 how is this guy making rep sides? He's ALWAYS been average at best, not just now that he's slow. Being a good "defensive" centre is overrated. You need to be able to bust the line, outpace the opposition and hook your winger up with quality ball as well (I guess he's okish at this one aspect of attack). Cooper's one dimensional. He's not even a threat.

nomarg

He wont be picked in rep games again unless there are several injuries-

Lawrence has had a superb defence year and is much quicker.... then you have Jennings ,Morris ahead of him....

thommo4pm

Coach
I totally agree. I was saying back in 04-05 how is this guy making rep sides? He's ALWAYS been average at best, not just now that he's slow. Being a good "defensive" centre is overrated. You need to be able to bust the line, outpace the opposition and hook your winger up with quality ball as well (I guess he's okish at this one aspect of attack). Cooper's one dimensional. He's not even a threat.

As I asked the bloke who you agreed with....who would you have picked ahead of him for NSW at the time?

Easy to pick on a bloke now when he is getting closer to 30 and has played almost 10 years in 1st grade.

mortz

As I asked the bloke who you agreed with....who would you have picked ahead of him for NSW at the time?

Easy to pick on a bloke now when he is getting closer to 30 and has played almost 10 years in 1st grade.

ryan girdler, jamie lyon, spaznier, timana tahu, matt gidley, matt king

I would of had Mark Gasnier & Matt King in the centres. After Matt King left the NRL, I would of had Monaghan instead of Cooper.

drake

First Grade
No matter what you say about Coops it's just sour grapes; you know that your mum & missus want him.

Latest posts