What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mata'utia: Proud To Represent Club

Hurricanerrc

Juniors
By Mary Maidiotis

St George Illawarra Dragons fullback Peter Mata’utia is keen to continue wearing the Red V jersey ahead of the fixture against the Canberra Raiders at GIO Stadium, Canberra on Saturday.

The Samoa international played just nine first-grade games for the Red-and-Whites last season and is hopeful that more game-time will come as he continues to prove himself when given the opportunity.

Mata’utia, who was a late addition to the team in lieu of the injured Josh Dugan, acknowledges that although he prefers the fullback and centre positions, he is just proud to be able to wear the jersey, regardless of the position required of him.

“It was good to get back out onto the field, despite the results, after all the hard work in the preseason, it was rewarding to put the jersey back on,” said Mata’utia.

“I was moved around a lot in preseason and I guess that comes with my versatility, but whenever I’m needed and whatever position I’m needed to play for the team, I’ll take it.

“I love fullback and centre, but I’ll take any position and be proud to wear that jersey.

“I love putting the jersey on and I loved every time I got a chance to put on the Red V last year.

“It was one of my goals to put it on again this year and I’m hoping to get more games, I just can’t wait to put it on again.

“I received a cork in the game on Monday night but it’s coming good now, it’s feeling a lot better than it was yesterday and I’m looking forward to training on Friday.

“Against the Tigers we probably weren’t slowing the play down enough, letting them get on the front foot, and with Robbie Farah at hooker, it’s what they’re good at.

“The game was a step back from last week - we let in one line break against Melbourne, compared to six on the weekend, so hopefully we can turn that around this week and start a roll on.

“The lead-up to this weekend’s game is all about trying to freshen the boys up, we’re all aware that there’s a few changes to the team this week but I know that whoever gets put into the team this week will definitely do the job in Canberra.”

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2015/03/18/mata_utia_proud_to_r.html

Oh is that his job now to be constructive lol.

So tell me something I bet you think Bunji and Widdop did some constructive things.

I sometimes wonder if you had a clue about the game or just like to waffle.

Shulman

Juniors
Oh is that his job now to be constructive lol.

So tell me something I bet you think Bunji and Widdop did some constructive things.

I sometimes wonder if you had a clue about the game or just like to waffle.

Different thread, same shit. Relax bro

Mattc

Juniors
Actually thought Peter M went ok.
Interesting that Brother Sione is 18th man at Newcastle.
Worth a look??

rasaint

Juniors
Give Peter a fair go. He went well on Monday night. He can play and at the moment is the best centre at our club. Please give him and Aiken the centre spots.

dino2170

Juniors
coast dragon, i was there at the game and at one point he had a muscle strain, this is mostly as a result of running a lot i didn't see him make one dart or even break any defensive line. he kicked with ease before the game warming up yet he didnt once aim up to kicking during the game is it only widdup kicking or allowed to kick

I have no idea what your on about kicking what in general play or goal kicking if you mean in general play why the f**k would he even have to kick thats for the halves.

Since when do you see a fullback jump into dummy half to make a dart as you put it or didn't you even realise he was at fullback.

So he had a muscle strain and yet you wanted him to run more lol serious whatever your on may I have some seems like some good shit.

He's another guy playing out of position his best position is centre.

Last edited:

dragonreddy

Juniors
Give Peter a fair go. He went well on Monday night. He can play and at the moment is the best centre at our club. Please give him and Aiken the centre spots.

No-one went well on Monday night , I'm sick of reading all these warm and fuzzy news articles telling us how they are goin' to set the world on fire then playing like a bunch of busted -arses when they take the field .

Just another contributor to the bog stock average joke we have become , after what the side dished out the other night they would do well to shut up and not make themselves look even more ridiculous.

Well its either him or Justin Hunt as they let Morris and Quinlan go.

People will say Nighty but he was well below his best against the Tigers and before anyone says Dufty he's injued and way to young to be playing first grade.

Hell the club could offer a contract to Tyrone Cranston from the Cutters and he'd still do a better job then some of the other candidates.

Well how can he establish himself at the Dragons Mata'Utia that is when they refuse to give him a go its a double edged sword.

How can any player get a fair go with Mary in charge the guy is just as bad if not worse then Price.

Kuro

Juniors
I agree, has way more zip than Nielson and Farrell. Needs to still be there when Dugan is back.