What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match 4: NZ v Eng t20 tri-series at Wellington Feb 13, 2018 NZ WIN

TheParraboy

Staff member
kicks off 5pm AEDT

Not sure who I want to win, both sides will still have a chance to make the final if they lose but will rely in NRR to get there. NZ with a game in hand

Think kiwis should win this??

ANTiLAG

First Grade
kicks off 5pm AEDT

Not sure who I want to win, both sides will still have a chance to make the final if they lose but will rely in NRR to get there. NZ with a game in hand

Think kiwis should win this??

NZ has 3 games left. If NZ win 2 of the 3 - they're in the final.

If NZ only win 1 game, to go through it has to be a huge defeat of England, with close losses in the remaining 2 matches, as NZ after just 1 lost game is still lower on NRR than England is after 2 losses.

I am sure right now that the NZC Board are not welcoming the prospect of a nigh empty rugby stadium in Auckland hosting a t20 final between England and Australia. But I think Lynn would be itching to get to those Eden Park straight boundaries already. At just over 50 metres long, he could bunt and chip shot 6's back over the bowler's head.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Not sure who came up with the timing of this series but its sucked all excitement out of it.

T20 works best if its played in a block, games every few days makes interest disappear very quickly.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Not sure who came up with the timing of this series but its sucked all excitement out of it.

T20 works best if its played in a block, games every few days makes interest disappear very quickly.

true

so many changes to the one competition
having the 2nd half of the comp in another county, game time starting few hours earlier (AEDT) and not televised (unless you have fox)

kiwis should benefit as they should be playing the next 4 games, including the final

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Why wasn't Bumble commentating the ashes this year?

UK broadcast wasn't sky uk who is his regular employer. It was BT sport or summing.

Prolly took a holiday instead of a bits n pieces broadcast role. He did BBL when Flintoff played, he did well.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Munro out at deep fine leg AGAIN.

He plays the same shot regardless of field :(

I like him as a player, and rate his talent, just wish he did more with it. He could leave that ball and collect a wide everytime.

Iafeta

Referee
KW is completely clueless at the moment in T20. He should have been run out by 3 foot first ball. Looks like a cat on a hot tin roof.