What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Finals Week 1 vs Parramatta @ Browne Park

Who will win? Finals Week 1: Parramatta v Newcastle

• Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom155

Coach
Pretty sure it was just when Jayden was rested, could be wrong though

Team list only has Brailey as captain this week not co-captain with Ponga or Dan now that he is back

Zoidberg

First Grade
Yeah I just had a look back at previous team lists and it’s just when Brailey hasn’t played.

Old dog

Juniors
Good pick-up. AOB said Ponga would have the (C) next to his name since he was named captain.

Don't think I'd look too far into it but perhaps he's trying to alleviate a bit of pressure from Ponga?
Probably for the attendance of Captains for pre game advertising, read into it what you want.
Ponga injured and having remedial treatment, DSaf in same treatment.
I personally don’t like Ponga as Captain as I feel he looses himself in everything around him causing frustration and not performing as well because of it.
Brailey is next best, position and sense, but I think it should be Pearce.

Jono078

Referee
Just looking into the crystal ball, these things are going to happen on Sunday.

- Brodie Jones will have one of his legendary games off the bench for us. Linebreaks, offloads, tries and big hits.
- Kurt Mann will get a couple of linebreaks and a try. He'll be breaking tackles like a madman and not drop the ball
- Ponga will have a dashing long-range try
- Blake Ferguson will have nightmares about Clifford's torpedo bombs

So excited for this game. So good to be playing finals footy. Really hope we just give ourselves the best chance possible.

Zoidberg

First Grade

- Brodie Jones will have one of his legendary games off the bench for us. Linebreaks, offloads, tries and big hits.
- Kurt Mann will get a couple of linebreaks and a try. He'll be breaking tackles like a madman and not drop the ball

So excited for this game. So good to be playing finals footy. Really hope we just give ourselves the best chance possible.
Ease up on the drugs boss.

Yosh

Coach

Just to even up the karma...

- Jones to be only used for the last 4 minutes of the game
- Kurt Mann to concede a couple of line breaks and drop the ball like a madman
- Ponga will fail to stop any long range tries
- Clifford won't get the ball to bomb because Pearce will do all the kicking

Being a Knights fan so long, just better safe than sorry.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Joey Lussick is out. They are on their 3rd choice hooker Ray Stone. Pretty sure he plays off the bench for Their reggies. He goes alright but not really a first grader.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Pretty sure we haven't had Klein all year and now we get him for a semi 🤦‍♂️
Is that right? Wow.

Someone better tell him we're the most disciplined team this year! Need him coming into that game with that in the back of his mind.

Jono078

Referee
Klein did 2 games this year:

Round 5 vs Titans - we went down 42-16
Round 11 vs Cowboys - we went down 36-20
Looking at that you'd think Klein was a Qlder.

Lucky it's two NSW teams on Syndey, and we have Qld superstar Kalyn Ponga. Knights 40-14.

Jono078

Referee
Klem says there's no way he's going to miss the game

I wonder if we're better to start with Klem? If things go wrong then you bring on a Saifiti, rather than him sitting on the bench with the pain killers wearing off and then if something goes wrong you're bringing on a bloke who already started and did the tough stuff.

Old dog

Juniors
Our middle forwards are a concern to me of out top 5, DSaf and Sue missed last week due to injury, Klem played last week and came of injured with JSaf and King the other two. Hopefully all care and rehab has been done and the final 17 selected are all good to go.

Hes not wrong

Our guys have been playing in 3rd gear for most of the year. We know there is better football in this team than what theyve shown

On the other side of the coin we have seen exactly what Parra are capable of, which is good footy, but i dont believe their ceiling is as high.

The real difference is consistancy. Only recently have we seen Parra drop away a bit but for the most part they have maintained their best footy. Our boys have been the opposite, rarely producing what they are truely capable of.