What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: R13 vs Parramatta @ McDonald Jones - Old Boys Day

Who will win? Round 13: Newcastle v Parramatta

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
Best has been no better than Tuala this season but only now are people talking about him. Interesting.
He started the year well, but other teams have him figured out and we have no idea at all how to utilize him. His defence is about what you'd expect for a 19 year old with no help around him.

Jono078

Referee
Mmm terrible.

I hate days like this, makes you question everything. Is or will Best be as good as we have hyped? Is Brailey good enough as a modern hooker? Not much creativity, just crisp passes and rock solid defense. Ugh, bring on next week.

I must be insane to put myself through torture when I knew this is exactly what I expected today.

perverse

Referee
Wow, Hoy. Best run he's ever made. That's his 2 best moments in first grade tonight... does that make this shitshow his best first grade performance?

Jono078

Referee
I think the team was so surprised Mann put Fitz through a hole, that's why he had no support.

perverse

Referee
Mann needs to do that about 20 more times before he even makes up for the rest of his shit from tonight, let alone the past month.

perverse

Referee
Hoy has actually woken up and is having a dig for the past 5 or 10 minutes. I might stop having cheap shots at him for the next 18 minutes.

Sugar FNC

Juniors
There is hiding behind injuries and then there is this garbage. I feel for O'Brien but it is pretty clear his job is hanging by a thread now. It is pure effort related. Not his doing.
I'm hearing you.
We are a mistake ridden side, add a certain lack of talent, lack of edge defence, no next man up, a few key positional decisions etc. These basic problems are fixable, other teams do it, hopefully AOB is on to it soon. I feel for him. He's not out there making all those mistakes. A few 1st graders back might help.
There is hiding behind injuries and then there is this garbage. I feel for O'Brien but it is pretty clear his job is hanging by a thread now. It is pure effort related. Not his doing.

Jono078

Referee
This has to be the worst old boys day ever? In the past you could always look forward to it and know the team would aim up besides maybe the Brown era.

Seage

Juniors
While he hasn't been good today, I would much rather have Best than not have him. Seriously we have the worst coached attack in the comp, so the opposition just needs to study up on Ponga and Best. Ponga doesn't play half the time, so it's just Best. How dangerous can he be. Then he is getting fed balls by Kurt Mann. In defense he is surrounded by spuds.