What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Roosters @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 1: Wests Tigers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrotherJim05

Bench
If Potter had the backing of the board and the current S&C department I believe we would be a top 8 side by now. He had us playing football I hadn't seen in Tigers since 2011. Then all the injuries set in, and the Farah/Taylor fiasco started.

Tiger Ted

Bench
If Potter had the backing of the board and the current S&C department I believe we would be a top 8 side by now. He had us playing football I hadn't seen in Tigers since 2011. Then all the injuries set in, and the Farah/Taylor fiasco started.
Yep I totally agree.That bloody fiasco set us back big time & cost us a coach of enormous integrity who was replaced by a juvenile halfwit.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Yep I totally agree.That bloody fiasco set us back big time & cost us a coach of enormous integrity who was replaced by a juvenile halfwit.

Injuries were massive problem though as well. We were putting back rowers on the wing it got so bad

stryker

First Grade
Im holding my breath about injuries this year as well. Cleary and Palmer had bad results in this area last time they worked together.

Clifferd

Coach
Im holding my breath about injuries this year as well. Cleary and Palmer had bad results in this area last time they worked together.

Think it was more bad luck then anything. They also made the prelim final with the same coaching combination the previous year

Das Hassler

Bench
Of course you could look at this two ways but i like that we dont have one indispensable player who we can't afford to lose through injury...it will be all or nothing on depth and coaching

Clifferd

Coach
Of course you could look at this two ways but i like that we dont have one indispensable player who we can't afford to lose through injury...it will be all or nothing on depth and coaching

100%, I’m pretty confident in all our depth except for maybe centre. If we lost say Milne/Marsters to injury I wouldn’t doubt our next in line would be Chee Kam/Naiquama

I guess Cleary was banking on Suli quite a lot, if the lazy fat Mong had his head screwed on right a Suli/Marsters centre combo would have been deadly

Das Hassler

Bench
Winning the close ones ....golden point should be Reynolds and Benji's reasons for living this year....the superstars will get us as they do everyone but ( stating the obvious) winning one ..or hopefully a couple more than we lose is about having as few" one's that got away" by season's end. I'm sure Cleary's the man to achieve that goal with this motley bunch

simmo05

Bench
100%, I’m pretty confident in all our depth except for maybe centre. If we lost say Milne/Marsters to injury I wouldn’t doubt our next in line would be Chee Kam/Naiquama

I guess Cleary was banking on Suli quite a lot, if the lazy fat Mong had his head screwed on right a Suli/Marsters centre combo would have been deadly
Havnt we been f**ked over the last 10 years?
Tuiaki
Odwyer
Lui
Suli
Solimona
Lodge
Fulton
Im sure there is more that escape me.

Hopefully Naiquama is the last resort, he is f**king liability

Clifferd

Coach
100%, I’m pretty confident in all our depth except for maybe centre
Havnt we been f**ked over the last 10 years?
Tuiaki
Odwyer
Lui
Suli
Solimona
Lodge
Fulton
Im sure there is more that escape me.

Hopefully Naiquama is the last resort, he is f**king liability

Simona also. He was probably our most complete centre

Not To mention all the other dudes who have left us

Das Hassler

Bench
Tuaki and Dwyer ( was it ODwyer?...feel bad needing to ask) were the big ones as there was no question they were on the cusp of massive careers....i cant think of similar losses ( for the B tigers at least) since the forced early retirement of Geoff Starling

Tiger Ted

Bench
Tuaki and Dwyer ( was it ODwyer?...feel bad needing to ask) were the big ones as there was no question they were on the cusp of massive careers....i cant think of similar losses ( for the B tigers at least) since the forced early retirement of Geoff Starling
Denis Bendall & a gun second rower who was the equal of Paul Sironen named Bruce Parnell.

Geez we’ve been cursed !!

Clifferd

Coach
What about the consequences of the hip dislocation by Rowdy.He was phenomenal in the centres prior to suffering such a career hampering injury.For mine fully fit he’s way ahead of even Simona as a centre.

100% mate. Prior to the hip dislocation Lawrence had a potential 10+ year career as an Australian/NSW rep player. Its difficult watching him run around these days knowing the accodolades he could have achieved

Tiger Ted

Bench
100% mate. Prior to the hip dislocation Lawrence had a potential 10+ year career as an Australian/NSW rep player. Its difficult watching him run around these days knowing the accodolades he could have achieved
Prior to that damn injury Rowdy had that invaluable attribute express pace.

I was at his debut game v melb at Gosford on a sat nite.He was unbelievable & had the league world at his feet with that electrifying pace.

simmo05

Bench
Lol i dont know myself!! Sorry Simon if im wrong!!