What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Sea Eagles @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 1: Knights v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Old dog

Juniors
Can't believe how quiet it is on this thread, less than 5 days till kick off and not many comments, none for last 11/2 days except for a tiger, where is everyone

Silent Knight

First Grade
Can't believe how quiet it is on this thread, less than 5 days till kick off and not many comments, none for last 11/2 days except for a tiger, where is everyone

It's the deep breath before the plunge. Our team is an unknown quantity because we have so many new players. There will be plenty of discussion in the next few weeks once we have a bit of an idea of what our team is capable of and how far we can go this year.

It's all up to the players now. Hopefully they can turn a new chapter for our club.

perverse

Referee
It's the deep breath before the plunge. Our team is an unknown quantity because we have so many new players. There will be plenty of discussion in the next few weeks once we have a bit of an idea of what our team is capable of and how far we can go this year.

It's all up to the players now. Hopefully they can turn a new chapter for our club.
Pretty much, there's not a lot to comment on until we see them in action proper.

Frederick

Staff member
I'm apprehensive. I have this horrible gut feeling that it could go the same way as Bennett's first game in charge for us, Thursday night against against the Dragons. Remember going to the game feeling super confident but came away mega deflated.

I haven't been this excited for an upcoming season for a very long time, however I'm not going into Friday expecting a win. I'll be dead chuffed if we do, but not going to slit my wrists if we don't. Well, might do if we lose by 30+, or Uate scores another "try" that essentially decides the game

Burwood

Bench
Newcastle don't seem to handle the expectations very well. There was the first home match after McKinnon's injury where they didn't show up (completely understandable given the circumstance but there was the expectation that they'd come out firing and hit a flat spot after a week or two after), the opening round match against Dragons, and I think it was against Tigers late last season in the match dubbed "battle for the spoon". I'm sure there's others I've missed.

Spot On

Coach

Burwood

Bench
I'd be more worried about making Levi unhappy and having him sign elsewhere.

All I've really seen of Griffin is his trial against the Eels, but his service looked slow and very one-dimensional- reminded me of Waddell. No doubt he's got Levi's measure when it comes to defence though.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Buhrer is our best hooker. Better delivery than both Levi and griffin and better defender. Levi has an ok running game tho.

Spot On

Coach
That's been going on for 2 years.

However, with plenty of 'big name' recruits that sort of stuff will become warranted if he can't get sorted our absolute strongest and settled line up that produces plenty of wins.

Old dog

Juniors
Boy when you lot wake up it's instant into it, quiet for so long and now we have Griffin full time hooker, Levi NZ rep playing reserves, Buhrer best hooker in club, we do have 16 other positions in our 17 select.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Seems like an odd selection if true, but we're not at training every day so we don't know what goes on behind the scenes? Maybe Levi hasn't been so good on the training paddock and Brown wants to reward the off the field stuff? Also Levi's defence was pretty poor in that Parra trial so maybe he wants to really tighten up the middle.

Having a halfback-5/8 on the bench is a little odd. Maybe Watson to hooker or a roving role and Lamb on at 5/8 at some point?

Sacrolishes

Juniors
I wouldn’t be surprised this decision has more come down to Lamb having a fantastic off season and Brown needing to reward him for it. Levi was the unlucky one there and for a reason only Brown knows and out of ANYONE, he is the only one worthy to make that choice.

I will say I was very keen to see Levi in rotation with Griffin this year, I have a very good feeling about Slade.

Latest posts